Recommend a Wii title

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
Seeing as how it appears several posters (including myself) have gotten Wii's this past month it only seems fitting that we have a "suggest a Wii game thread", so yeah it's pretty self explanatory if there is a game you think other posters may like then share it with us

so far I've only played 3 games

-Wii Sports of course, everyone who has a Wii has this game

-Wii Play which is a decent pick up and play with friends, also comes with a Wii-mote (or whatever the fuck they're called) so it's a good deal in that way (with out the game they cost roughly $40 the game is $50) so if you're going to buy another Wii-mote you mine as well just shell out an extra $10 and pick up Wii Play

-Super Mario Galaxy which I picked up yesterday, and so far it's pretty fun, of course I say this after only playing it for about 2-3 hours, but regardless it is fun and you can't own a Nintendo console and not have a Mario game, that just seems wrong

three games that a high on my list of games to get are Zelda, Metroid Prime 3, & Mario Kart (w/ the Wii wheel of course) I assume these games are good since all three of them were sold out yesterday when I went to Best Buy

Seems like Justin beat me to it, I was going to do a thread similar, what with having a Wii for two years now, I've played a fair few games for it. So here's my list of games you should buy;

Super Mario Galaxy is a great game, as I have said before I think it's the greatest game ever so you should definitely play it! Also try Super Paper Mario, it's a Mario RPG but a bit different to the rest in the Paper Mario series.

Mario Kart/Super Smash bros. Brawl are great games for playing with mates, Brawl even has a good story mode for those of us without any.

For all the Zelda fans Twilight Princess is highly recommended, even if you're not a fan give it a bash, it's a good mix of Adventure gameplay and the controls work pretty hard.

Then there's the hidden gems out there and I would recommend four of them;

Zack and wiki; a puzzle adventure game, it looks shit but I love it!
Boom Blox and De blob; Again two more puzzle games, but highly addictive.

Then there's Okami, an action adventure RPG that was originally released on the PS2 but sadly bombed. Fantastic and very beautiful game.

Seems like Justin beat me to it, I was going to do a thread similar, what with having a Wii for two years now, I've played a fair few games for it. So here's my list of games you should buy;

Super Mario Galaxy is a great game, as I have said before I think it's the greatest game ever so you should definitely play it! Also try Super Paper Mario, it's a Mario RPG but a bit different to the rest in the Paper Mario series.

Mario Kart/Super Smash bros. Brawl are great games for playing with mates, Brawl even has a good story mode for those of us without any.

For all the Zelda fans Twilight Princess is highly recommended, even if you're not a fan give it a bash, it's a good mix of Adventure gameplay and the controls work pretty hard.

Then there's the hidden gems out there and I would recommend four of them;

Zack and wiki; a puzzle adventure game, it looks shit but I love it!
Boom Blox and De blob; Again two more puzzle games, but highly addictive.

Then there's Okami, an action adventure RPG that was originally released on the PS2 but sadly bombed. Fantastic and very beautiful game.

I was standing in Best Buy yesterday looking at all the Wii games, and many of the games you mentioned were there, ultimitly, since the three I wanted weren't there, it came down to Galaxy or Brawl with Galaxy being the winner (again how can you go wrong with Mario?), I decided that Brawl was a game that I would rather rent first and try out since I'm not a huge fan of fighting games for the most part, I've seen De Blob around and have been curious about it, that's another one that I'll likely check out

some games I saw that I was curious about were Mario & Sonic: Olympics, Sonic Unleashed, and Super Mario Strikers (I think that's what it's called anyways), there were a few others, but I can't remember what they were off the top pf my head, but if somebody could give me some feedback on those games I would appreciate it

some games I saw that I was curious about were Mario & Sonic: Olympics,
Mario and Sonic at the olympic games is ratner overrated, a huge seller, bt it's lame as. Just a dfew games and a few characters...I wouldn't recommend it.

Sonic Unleashed,

If you're a Sonic fan, go for it. it's better than the recent hash of Sonic games they've 'unleashed' but it's nothing special.

and Super Mario Strikers

Mario Strikers charged (add football in if you're European) is a rather mix of a game. One player wise it's quite fun but is annoyingly hard. Two player is only fun if they know how to play the game (wii controls are different to typical football/soccer games). I bought it on release then I didn't play it much after the first few week and I go in cycles of liking it and not.

super Mario Strikers is only fun if the person your playing with is just as good as you. It also gets to be incredibly repetitive by yourself.

Zelda and Paper Mario are must buy games, obviously, Paper Mario is one of the funest games I have ever played on the wii.

Mario Party 8 is a good game, if you slightly enjoyed the other Mario party games. all Mini games invlove the new technology, but the boards are very bland. Only get this if you really enjoy the wiimote technology and stuff.

Finally, it's not a game, but you should get "Check Mii Out" from the Wii Shop. It's justa little feature that lets you look at other peoples Miis, and some of them are actually very cool looking.

Finally, it's not a game, but you should get "Check Mii Out" from the Wii Shop. It's justa little feature that lets you look at other peoples Miis, and some of them are actually very cool looking.

Something you forgot to mention about this, it's absolutly 100% free, all you have to do is download it, Wii vote is another free download, kinda dumb and pointless but is a nice little time killer, and like I said it's fucking free

Dance Dance Revolution for the Wii. This game is amazing it's fun to play with friends, help's you lose weight, and is very addictive.

One of my personal favorites for the wii is Medal Of Honor Heroes: 2

This game has the best first person controls of all the first person games on the wii. There's is a bunch of different guns, the A.I isn't totally ******ed.
Sniping and shooting the rocket launcher is awesome, mowing down enemies is so satisfying.

Online is pretty decent for the wii's online capabilities, I mean for fighting 32 different people at once, the online handles it well, and it's pretty fun at that.

I would recommend this game to any one that enjoys first person shooters.

I seriously can't believe of all the games listed, none of them were this diamond in the rough.

rayman_raving_rabbids.jpg

Rayman: Raving Rabbids

I don't own a Wii, but a friend of mine does and I got the opportunity to play this gem. Without a doubt, this game alone has sold me on debating heavy enough on whether I want to purchase a $250.00 system that I likely won't play many things on.

This game is nothing but several mini-games within it. It has a lot to choose from though, including a type of "first-person shooter" game, to little mini-sports games and even a type of "guitar hero"-ish play, where you can do a musical mini-game and act as if you're playing the drums.. All of which give you a great excercise.

In the end, I've played the story mode for this and it's basically a trial of mini-games, each ending with a shooter game. I didn't play long enough to complete the story, but the game has a TON of replay value and it was fun. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who owns a Wii.

It's my 18th birthday next Saturday and so I decided that, instead of money in a card, I wanted an Nintendo Wii as my present (I was going to buy one anyway). Got a good deal from Game:

• Nintendo Wii console
  • Nintendo Wii remote + nun-chuck
  • Wii Sports
  • Mario Kart Wii + Steering Wheel
  • Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games...

...all this for £199.

But with my own money I purchased Resident Evil 4, Wii Edition & Manhunt 2. I've played them round my friend's place and loved them both. I plan on buying House of the Dead: Overkill and Super Smash Bro's. But are their any other hidden gems out there for the Wii that I haven't thought of or heard of?

Any ideas?

Yes, Mad World, the game fucking owns, I have yet to try it on two player but single player the game is fun as hell, if you are a fan of killing people in random over the top ways then you'll love this game, basic concept of the game is similar to Running Man, you are stuck on an Island where it's killed or be killed, so you run around with a chainsaw attached to your arm killing off who ever gets in your way, the more creative the death the more points you rack up, you rack up enough points you are able to challenge the Boss and well yeah you get the picture

I seriously can't believe of all the games listed, none of them were this diamond in the rough.

rayman_raving_rabbids.jpg

Rayman: Raving Rabbids

I don't own a Wii, but a friend of mine does and I got the opportunity to play this gem. Without a doubt, this game alone has sold me on debating heavy enough on whether I want to purchase a $250.00 system that I likely won't play many things on.

This game is nothing but several mini-games within it. It has a lot to choose from though, including a type of "first-person shooter" game, to little mini-sports games and even a type of "guitar hero"-ish play, where you can do a musical mini-game and act as if you're playing the drums.. All of which give you a great excercise.

In the end, I've played the story mode for this and it's basically a trial of mini-games, each ending with a shooter game. I didn't play long enough to complete the story, but the game has a TON of replay value and it was fun. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who owns a Wii.

Personally, I despise that game.
Once again this is a case of Nintendo doing something better. You want a pure fun mini-game based game. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves. You cannot go wrong. Unless you get headaches from fast moving images.

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is also a good one for fun multiplayer stuff.

A truly under-rated game is Disaster: Day of Crisis. It's a great game if you can find it.

But the best Wii games right now.... are actually not Wii games. Virtual Console has all the best of the last 20+ years. Get some Wii points, download Ocarina of Time, have 35-40 of the best hours of your life.

I have a Wii and i soft modded it, so i have better acess to other games such as homebrew but i recommend some cracking games that i love to play

Crusin

Driving game more real time

No more Heroes

A star wars parody with a hired assasin working his way up the ranks by securing kills against numerous other assasins.

There is alot more games out their, the one thing i like about the wii is the fact that its more user friendly you feel like you are apart of the game itself, ill add to my list later

But the best Wii games right now.... are actually not Wii games. Virtual Console has all the best of the last 20+ years. Get some Wii points, download Ocarina of Time, have 35-40 of the best hours of your life.

If downloading previous games, I would also recommend:
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Secret of Mana
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Check out WiiWare as well...they have some good games:
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
Mega Man 9

Other Wii games I highly recommend are as follows:
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Other great Gamecube games can be played as well. I love RPGs, so if you can find a copy, I would highly recommend Tales of Symphonia (GC) as well.

If you don't mind a little violence, then definitely No More Heroes.
Fun story, funny dialogue, and Travis Touchdown (the protagonist) even has an arsenal of wrestling moves.
Only downer is that the game is relatively short and easy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDuVEkJApYw
Here's a gameplay video (it's a bossfight so semi-minor spoiler).

Yeah, so I got a Nintendo Wii brand new for about twenty bucks the other day. Deal like that I couldn't really say no. I know you can get a Gamecube controller if the remote isn't to your liking (which I'm sure it won't be), but I really don't know very much about the console aside from Lee raving about the Zelda and Mario games that were released on it. Think I'll have to start there.

Yeah, so, basically I want some recommendations for good Wii games guys. I'm a manly man so the more guns and violence the better of course. Don't leave me hanging guys.

Yeah. This IS a non-spam area guys. In case ya didn't look.

One game and one game only. Mario Kart WIII!!!

That game is the cure for any good buzz to be maintained. Drunk, high, tripping, whatever. This game is for you. It also has a wheel you can steer that's made to go over the controller. It's fantastic and a must have, X.

Also, Wii Bowling is excellent. It may already come with it. If it does, then good. If not, then you should make that the next game on the list. Wii Bowling is crack in a video game. But it's also easier to kick the habit, too. It's also a fail safe if you're having an impromptu get together.

Reactions: X
Super Smash Bruz Brawl is always good, just a nice party game that will keep you distracted for a bit. Ignoring the terrible single player story mode (good luck powering through that boring mode), it is like the other ones, more characters more chaos... slower then melee, but still good.

No More Heroes, wait until certain people come here and start raving about this game, all for good reason though.

Looking at my collection, other then Mario and Zelda, those games are the only ones I strongly recommend, there are alot of sub par games on the Wii.

If you want something violent, try Madworld, you basically run around and try to find the most creative ways to kill people that's about it, the more creative you are in killing your enemies the more pts. you rack up, oh and you have a chainsaw attached to your arm too:thumbsup:, the biggest downside to this game is the announcers are really really annoying

Yeah, so I got a Nintendo Wii brand new for about twenty bucks the other day. Deal like that I couldn't really say no. I know you can get a Gamecube controller if the remote isn't to your liking (which I'm sure it won't be), but I really don't know very much about the console aside from Lee raving about the Zelda and Mario games that were released on it. Think I'll have to start there.

Yeah, so, basically I want some recommendations for good Wii games guys. I'm a manly man so the more guns and violence the better of course. Don't leave me hanging guys.

Yeah. This IS a non-spam area guys. In case ya didn't look.

Can't help ya much on shooting games, but my main three recommendations are the three games I got the Wii for in the first place. Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, and Mario Galaxy. You can use gamecube controllers in Brawl and Mario Kart if you don't like the wiimote, I don't care for them much myself but Mario Galaxy was awesome despite the controls.

Also.... if you have your gamecube games, replay them on the Wii because it's backwards compatible. I replayed both "Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess" and "Tales of Symphonia" this past semester on the wii using gamecube controllers. It really is a good system and can be fun even for those like me who dislike the wiimotes because there are a couple of really great games out there for it.

Mario And Sonic At the Olympic Games is a lot of fun, I have the Summer version and my girlfriend and I love it. It is a good use of the motion sensors in the Wiimote, and it is just fun sitting with a friend or 2 waving your arms around like an idiot to win the 100. The games can also be challenging so it doesn't get boring quickly or if you are by yourself.

I know it is old, but for a shooting game, I would recommend Call of Duty 3. I was excited about the potential for FPS games on the Wii with the motion control, and COD3 did not disappoint. The controls are simple and make sense, while the story also has a good flow that is a good challenge to play but simple to move from one goal to the next. I was looking for a solid, fun FPS and this game definitely delivered.

NO MORE HEROES

Seriously, X, this game looks right up your alley. It's violent, full of mayhem, and is damn hilarious. It has a good story, and is a ton of fun. And the sequel comes out in January. It's easily one of my top favorite Wii games, and totally disproves people who say that the Wii has no hardcore or mature games. It's excellent, and the sequel looks to be even better.

Remember that sig I used to have with the girl with a bloody baseball bat, and "I LOVE YOU" written in blood on a wall? She's from that game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back