Wii U fucking blows.

Dream

Dark Match Winner
What the hell is up with Nintendo these days? Before Wii, they put out competitive hardware..Wii would have got great third party if it had Wii U's hardware. Wii U (which I mistakenly bought and fell for the hype) is barely stronger than PS3 and 360.

The load times are fucking atrocious on this thing. It's like it's already 10 fucking years old. Not to mention there are no fucking games.

I bought it for Nintendo games, and New Super Mario Bros. U was fun for a while but it came out damn near 5 months ago. There ain't shit to play on this fucking thing.

What happened to the days Nintendo actually cared about gamers? n64 was the shit. Gamecube even had some awesome games.

I hope this console completely flops and they discontinue it tomorrow. Maybe then Nintendo will get a fucking hint...I just don't get how all of a sudden they are so far behind.

You knew the software line up when it was announced, that's why I waited until last month to get one.

There's a firmware update next month that lowers the load times.

Gamecube didn't really get many good games until 2-3 years in. The Wii has some amazing games.

So if you bought it for the Nintendo games why you complaining that the two first party games they announced for release in this time period has come out? Q2 for Pikmin 3.

You knew the software line up when it was announced, that's why I waited until last month to get one.

There's a firmware update next month that lowers the load times.

Gamecube didn't really get many good games until 2-3 years in. The Wii has some amazing games.

So if you bought it for the Nintendo games why you complaining that the two first party games they announced for release in this time period has come out? Q2 for Pikmin 3.

I bought one because they hyped it up as if it were going to be getting a lot of third party support. It isn't getting ANY. They didn't say that the load times were horrific and worse than 7 year old consoles. They said games would have much better graphics. Again, all lies.

The tech demos they showed at the E3 they debuted it could NEVER be done on Wii U. Ever.

This is the WORST console EVER. I am tempted to smash it rather than sell it back.

Why the hell would Nintendo release a console in 2012 with 2005 technology and charge $350 for it?

I don't think anybody's initial expectations of the Wii U were much higher than what has come from the system -- nor should they have been. You seem to be an outlier when it comes to that. I've played the Wii U a few times and I have the same opinion of it that I had of the Wii -- it's fun, but it's not something I would use as my primary console. That being said, it's a far cry from "2005 technology." Seriously, take Batman: Arkham City for example -- it looks absolutely gorgeous on the Wii U and definitely lives up to the hype of the system. Other games like the aforementioned Super Mario Bros title are consistently good, as well.

I've heard -- and seen -- that loading times are an issue, but it's just a kink they're working out; as a matter of fact, Nintendo is working on making the Wii U experience better across the board. Games are -- as they have always been -- slow to roll out, but that doesn't mean you should start being angry over a lack of great titles; Nintendo's got plenty of solid exclusive games (Bayonetta 2 and Pikmin 3, for example) lined up for the near future and will see major games (releasing across all platforms) like the latest Batman game arrive soon too. You have to be patient, but just like its predecessors the Wii U will live up to the lofty expectations.

Don't think I'm a Nintendo fanboy trying to preach the Wii U's worth to you -- I'm not, I'm not even much of a gamer anymore, nor do I own the system -- but from what I've seen, the Wii U will be just fine. I'm not saying it's going to be the greatest system ever, but I don't think it'll be a major flop down the line -- after all, it wouldn't be the first time Nintendo was slow to get out of the gate.

Batman: Arkham City looks slightly better on Wii U than it does on my 360. However, it has a significantly worse framerate. The same thing could run on 360 with the same performance…It really does have 2005 technology. Just like how in 2006, Nintendo launched Wii with 2001 technolgoy. I just don't get why they do that. And in terms of load times, that's ridiculous. They should have never released them. I bought it on launch at at one point it took over 3 minutes to go back to the home menu. THREE MINUTES. That's how slow it was. Fuck. Pikmin 3, I'm pretty sure that shit is vaporware. We've been hearing about that since 2006.

It does have some good games that I look forward to, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta, Pikmin, etc but fuck, how did Nintendo get so out of touch? There wasn't ONE game released from January to March this year.

I haven't been following the Wii U that much at all as i don't intend on buying a next gen console for at least another 2 years.
That said i find it hilarious that you want Nintendo to go back to making consoles like the N64 and Gamecube, yeah the same consoles that helped Nintendo fall way behind Sony and Microsoft in sales :rolleyes:
Im sure the next gen sony and microsoft consoles are going to have some problems when they come out, most consoles do when they launch.

This is the WORST console EVER. I am tempted to smash it rather than sell it back.

Wrong. The Virtual Boy was the worst console ever.

I wanted to get a Wii U myself if anything just for New Super Mario Bros U, but due to finances it will need to wait. By the time it goes down in price some there should be a few other games worth buying too. No point in spending a ton of money on a new console and only one or two games for it when I have higher priorities for what my money needs to go to such as rent and bills. My friend has the New Super Mario Bros U game and it's very fun so I definitely do want to buy a Wii U and a copy of that game of my own eventually. It's still a new console, so calm down and give it a chance.

I haven't been following the Wii U that much at all as i don't intend on buying a next gen console for at least another 2 years.
That said i find it hilarious that you want Nintendo to go back to making consoles like the N64 and Gamecube, yeah the same consoles that helped Nintendo fall way behind Sony and Microsoft in sales :rolleyes:
Im sure the next gen sony and microsoft consoles are going to have some problems when they come out, most consoles do when they launch.

Wii U is having some of the worst sales in history. Part of this is due to people confusing it as an accessory for the original Wii, part of it is that people aren't being tricked this time around. It's nearly (maybe a tad bit more) stronger than PS3 and 360, weaker in some ways and has NO third party support...which is something Nintendo boasted about.

I just don't get it. How did they fall so behind in so many areas? Graphics, online, GAMES..I mean..they haven't really produced any real Nintendo games (outside of Skyward Sword) for years. I don't really consider New Super Mario Bros a 'real' nintendo game because it's a simple cut and paste effort. (Though a blast)

It's been what..6 years since a Mario Kart? 6 years since Super Smash? 7ish years since a Metroid Prime? (Not Metroid: The other M. That was made by Team Ninja).

They are putting a lot of resources into 3DS which is fine I guess. They need to acquire new first party studios IMO because obviously the 3rd party developers don't want to put stuff out on their consoles because they sell like shit.

ZombiU is an ok game, it is for the 'core', and it was hyped for over a year before Wii U released. It hasn't even sold 500,000 copies. No wonder 3rd parties don't want to release games on the system. Black Ops 2...fucking CALL OF DUTY, sold less than 200,000 worldwide on Wii U. There are like 1,000 people online. The console is around 3 million sales I believe. How does that even happen?!

I'm not sure your point, you're complaining about lack of third party support then complain that there were no first party games released during Q1. Monster Hunter and Lego City were the main two.

Also the focus for the last 2 years has been the 3DS which is why we've seen Mario Kart 7 and the likes of Luigi's Mansion 2 released. MK for the WiiU has been announced, will probably be released at Christ,as.

Other M was co-developed by Team Ninja, D-Rockets and Nintendo. It was published by Nintendo, by all purposes it's a Nintendo game.

The WiiU sold 3 million by December. That's a month, the Q1 2013 sales figures aren't available. People waited to buy because Nintendo showed that they weren't releasing the big guns until later.

Dude, Wii U has not sold 3 million by December. It's not eve at 3 million now.
http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

The thing is selling less than 60,000 units per month the US. It is completely dead. Like I said, it went over 3 months without a game release this year. That actually SET the record for longest period without a game release for a console:
http://www.gamingcapacity.com/wii-us-record-for-north-america-that-is-not-something-to-boast-about/

And even that game was a year old, lazy port that runs better on PS3 and 360. (7 year old consoles)

And please to try to say Monster Hunter 3 (A Wii port) and Lego City (a game designed around 5 year olds) are good third party games. Where is Bioshock? Where is Tomb Raider? Dead Space 3? Metal Gear Rising? I could go on forever. And the worst part, in a few months when Xbox 720 & PS4 release, it will only get worse.

I haven't seen Mario Kart announced at all. But my only guess will be that it will be an uninspired, cut and paste HD version of the Wii game. For fuck sake, their big "killer app" for the holiday is a HD port of a game released in 2003.

And I wouldn't be proud of the Other M being a "Nintendo game". That game was fucking awful and wasn't even deserving of the Metroid name. I want a Metroid PRIME game. One made by Retro.

Nintendo fucked up royally but not putting out a console that could compete hardware wise. This shit is flopping miserably. It's on track to be the worst selling Nintendo console of all time. Not even the people that got suckered into buying Wii want this PoS.

Reactions: Lee
You do realise that VGChartz is the most unreliable source of sales ever? Here's what Nintendo of Japan released on the sales figures http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e1212.pdf.

You stated January to March and included a game released in March. I've also mentioned a few other March titles.

Look at E3, look what was announced. That's what you should have expected.

I won't argue on Metroid because Other M was closer to an original Metroid game than Prime was. 'But she whines' yup just like she does in Super Metroid.

To write it off because of its launch is silly, the information was readily available and that's why I held off. If it wasn't for a sale that Zavvi had I'd still be waiting.

consolidated means shipped. there are thousands of wii u's floating around on store shelfs currently.

my biggest issue isn't completely the lack of games. it's the shitty ass hardware. they charge 350$ for a 32gb console that is as strong as 7 year old consoles that has worse loading times and worse online?

i will never buy another nintendo console again. i've learned my lesson.

the games, once they come, are going to be shit considering PS4 and 720 will be out by then. it will make Nintendo's best efforts look like ancient gameplay by then.

Though to add to your point: I am concerned with what Nintendo are doing with the WiiU. I think the name was a mistake and until we get the big hitters I am worried.

Yeah I agree. Most people I know think it's simply an accessory for Wii. I don't know why Nintendo didn't think of this.

They had the same problem with the 3DS initially.

If you wanted a newer generation console with great abilities, you probably should've waited until PS4 or Xbox 720 were released. I like Nintendo, but their newer systems are more kid oriented than I would like. Which is why I tried the Wii and then traded it like 6 months later. Also, that is the reason I never wanted to try the Wii U as it is probably more of the same. I'm a Sony guy and always will be, Playstation is simply the best on the market in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back