• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Really, how much wrestling do you watch in a week?

How many hours of wrestling do you watch during an average week?

• 0-2 hours

• 2-4 hours

• 4-6 hours

• 6-8 hours

• 8-10 hours

• more than 10 hours

Results are only viewable after voting.

Formerly drewpost, Human Pop Can
I've noticed that with myself, the need to watch every wrestling show on tv is not what it used to be.

I remember when I was younger that I had to watch every program that was on televison. Call it an obsession, hobby, or whatever you'd like, but the fact remains that I would watch RAW, Nitro, Thunder, Smackdown, WCW Saturday Night, Worldwide Wrestling, and ECW on TNN.

A lot of the time I would video tape a program (say Smackdown) if it was on the same time as another program (say Thunder). But I really had too. I felt that if I wasn't current on everything that i was missing out.

Now, I only watch a few of the many shows offered on tv. I'm not sure if this is b/c I am older or if it is b/c I get a lot of my wrestling fix on the site, but it has gone down drastically.

I watch RAW (usually both hours), Impact (both hours), and ROH on HDnet.

I DVR Smackdown, but usually erase it w/out ever watching it.

So, how many hours of wrestling do you watch in an average week and what are your must watched shows?

Feel free to count DVD/Video tape watching, youtube, on demand, etc...

2-4 hours. I watch iMPACT! and then ReAction afteward, and that ends my pro-wrestling "fix" for the week.

A few years ago I'd have voted closer to the 4-6 range as I was still watching RAW and Smackdown, but since both shows have continued on their downward trend over the last decade plus, I've slowly but surely stopped watching almost entirely. I haven't seen RAW in months and the last thing I saw on Smackdown was CM Punk feuding with Big Sloth (which is exactly why I turned it off again).

I’d have to say 6-8 hours a week on average, and that is just WWE. I watch RAW and SmackDown every week without fail, and I also watch NXT more often than not. So, that’s about five hours of new programming each week. Then, on top of that, I’ll usually watch a WWE DVD during the week. For example, this afternoon I watched my Unforgiven 2008 DVD, so that’s a couple more hours right there. So, I think 6-8 hours is about right. Maybe that’s why i’ve never tried watching TNA or ROH. I seem to be able to get my weekly fix from WWE alone.

I chose 6-8. Reason being is that i always watch Raw and Smackdown, theres 4 right there then I watch Impact and Reaction. I would probably watch more if i had HDnet because ROH is the shit. I dont watch NXT this season because i think it's going to be stupid with divas and superstars is not really my cup of tea

I also voted for 6-8 hours, I watch SD, Raw and TNA almost every week if not every. That's 6 hours in it's self, I then sometimes watch Superstars which is another hour so that's about 7 hours a week. I haven't been watching SD that much as of late because it hasn't really been worth watching in my opinion.

I always watch RAW and all the TNA and WWE PPVs. About half the time, I watch SmackDown! and Impact or fragments, sometimes indy or old school footage. That sums up to about seven hours.

10 or more no doubt. I watch any and all wrestling that I can find on my TV. Mondays-RAW, Tuesday-occasionally NXT, Thursday-iMPACT and sometimes ReAction, Friday Smackdown. I sometime catch some independent shows every once in a while aswell. Not to mention I usually come home and pop in a DVD every now and then. Some days I'm maybe in the mood for cruiserweights, old WCW, WWE classics or just flat out wrestling. Like right now, I'm in the mood for ECW so I'm watching some of their older matces from '96 or so. So yeah, I pretty much watch a lot of wrestling during my free time. Maybe around 12 hours or so.

I unfortunately only watch between 0-2 hours in any given week usually due to my schedule not agreeing with the timeslots given to the wrestling shows. Because of this I generally only get to watch Raw every week if I'm lucky and since I don't have a DVR in my apartment I generally don't get to watch Smackdown due to actually having shit to do on Fridays. While I have all the time in the world on Thursdays to watch tv that would mean being forced to watch TNA and after all the half assed following of that train wreck I have done I have not been able to sit through 1 episode of Impact in its entirety throughout the 4 years I have known of its existence.

4-6 hours. I always watch Impact and ReAction on Thursdays because I just really enjoy watching it now. I also watch Superstars on Thursdays, partly because it's just easier since I'm already going to be watching TV that night, and partly because the only people in WWE who I like are usually on that show, unfortunately.

I also watch a few segments from SmackDown, usually. I watch on YouTube and I only watch the segments with Kane. Unless somebody who I like manages to actually make an appearance on SD... in which case I watch a max of 3 segments on SD every week.

I don't bother watching RAW anymore.

Also I just changed my television provider and I now am capable of watching ROH every week (yay) so I will probably start watching that as well.

I hardly get to watch any wrestling at the moment, which sucks!

After moving in with my girlfriend, we bought a SKY package but she refused to pay half of SKY Sports, and at that time I was still looking for a graduate job after graduating from university, and couldn't afford to get the sports. As a sports nut, this was a killer lol. I have a good job now, so I am going to buy the sports package soon.

I try to catch TNA when I can, but as its not gonna be on Bravo any more, I may struggle.

I make sure I read all the results and use YouTube and the WWE and TNA website to keep track of what is going on, and to get my fix I have been picking up a few DVDs of classic PPVs and other wrestling DVDs. The Christian Cage-Instant Classic, Vengaence 2001 and The History of TNA Year 1 arrived this morning off Amazon so I will probably get one of those watched when I get home in the early hours of tomorrow morning.

The gf is in Leeds with her friends so a night out with mates, then home to drink more beer, shove a pizza in the oven and watch some wrestling sounds a good end to a working week to me.

Maybe 4-6 or 2-4 considering commercials and that fact that there is little wrestling in WWE and TNA usually. I will try to catch Raw every now and then to see whats going on. If I have nothing else to do then I may watch Smackdown. I haven't been a huge fan of Impact lately so I usually channel surf. I watched Impact and Reaction last night but I usually don't stick around for Reaction. Probably around 4 hours which is a lot of wrestling in one week.

Said 2-4. Usually I try to catch most of Raw and then watch a match or two on DVD. If I'm not doing anything on a Friday night I'll watch Smackdown but I usually have something going on so I just read the spoilers. And then occasionally I'll buy a PPV with some friends. This summer I was watching more cause I was DVRing Impact but I don't have DVR downat school.

I watch about 8-10 hours I'd say, maybe more depends week to week. I watch Raw, Smackdown, Impact, Reaction and once in a while Superstars and NXT (not in a while). Plus I usually watch a few matches on youtubes or other sites at least once a day.

Nothing really entertains me as much as wrestling, so I watch whenever I can pretty much.

I watch RAW and Impact and that's it. Used to watch Smackdown, but since last years draft it's gone to hell in a hand basket. Putting most of the main event guy's on RAW wasn't such a great idea. Add to that the bloody Swagger Soaring Eagle just bugs the crap out of me. Gimmicks are okay at times but that one is just too much.

I watch an approximation of 4-6 hours of wrestling a week. This usually consists of RAW, Smackdown, and on occasion iMpact. I don't stick around for Reaction because I do not like watching a show then have it explained to me. I dig a little mystery. I say approximation because I will not watch RAW if they are doing a guest host that I particularly dislike, or iMpact if the match card doesn't hold my interest.

5 hours a week. I consistently watch Raw, Impact, and Reaction every week without fail. Raw was the first wrestling show I ever watched, so Im loyal to it, and I got hooked on Impact about 3 years ago, and Reaction has been a great follow up show to Impact since it started. Those 5 hours are definitely time where I have no problem ignoring my wife and just taking time for myself. ;)

I used to watch Smackdown, but ever since marriage, Friday night is usually "date night" for us, so I haven't seen Smackdown consistently for about a year, even though I always felt in the past it was the better "wrestling" show in WWE. Weeks that include PPV's are more, because I order all of the TNA PPV's, and go with friends and my wife to a local sports bar for the WWE ones.

Of the current product I'd say about 25 minutes or so of TNA a week. WWE blows and I can't watch it !

Now old school and Japan I'd say 2 hours or more a week. Between tapes, dvd's and the internet that's how I get my wrestling fix.

I watch 0-2 hours of wrestling a week.

Since my internet connection is shit, I walk down to the Internet Cafe every saturday and watch the good bits which I read on the results here. I hardly watch anything anymore, since My passion for watching wrestling has pretty much gone, I'll make more of an effort to watch WWE as soon as Miz wins the WWE title or something remotely interesting happens.

Until then The Internet Cafe shall continue to get my $5 for an hour every Saturday, In which I spend half an hour watching wrestling and half an hour browsing around, watching videos etc...

I watch a TON of wrestling, I have a massive collection of videos consisting of right around 250 original release dvds and vhs from wwe, wwf and wcw and then i have about 400 "bootleg" dvds consisting of 1995 Nitro, 1996-97 Nitro and all PPVs that go along with it and 1997-1999 RAW and all PPVs that go along with it that I ordered from a website during my last trip to Iraq. I watch atleast a PPV and an episode of Nitro or RAW from the 90s everyday and then I watch iMPACT and reaction on thursdays. Im actually watching WCW Fall Brawl 1996 right now...

I wouldn't mind a 2 hour fix every day. People don't mind watching football so often a week. Why not wrestling too? I like to have a variety of the things I like and TV isn't much of an exception. Just like when I watch some anime series, I'd really like to have others to fall back on for the rest of the week. It depends on taste, but I really would mind if I got to watch wrestling every day. Of course re-runs don't count.

4-6. I go out of my way to watch Raw and IMPACT!. I try to catch Smackdown when I have the time. PPVs, I will pull up a stream on the internet when I have the time.

Though I'm going to be completely honest, sometimes I turn off IMPACT! early. It just gets unbearable sometimes.

I have watched Raw and Smackdown without fail for years. I usually watch Superstars, and I watched NXT until this dumb divas season. I have watched Impact on and off but after 2-3 episodes I usually quit again for several months.

I watch every day it's on television, and when it's not, I go online and watch classic matches or maybe even dig up an old VHS tape or DVD (yeah I can go old school too).

It might be called an addiction, but in my eyes, Wrestling's one of the greatest crafts a man can do. It really takes some of the greatest people to pull off anything believable... even when there lines just don't make it so... Example: The Undertaker and Sting...

There are certain wrestlers that I absolutely have to watch on a weekely basis, not necessarily wrestling shows. Right now, RAW is the only must see wrestling show that I never miss. Not only is it currently the best wrestling show (yep, even better than ROH right now), but its roster contains Bryan Danielson, Sheamus, Wade Barrett & Husky Harris who are my "must see" wrestlers at the moment.

On a weekly basis, I DVR Smackdown and Superstars and I will be sure to skim through those shows to watch any matches that spark my interest. I will also tune into Impact in hopes of catching an RVD or AJ Styles match. Unfortunately, since the Hogan/Bischoff takeover I find its tough for me to sit through more than an hour of TNA, so I usually miss out on their matches.

I watch 7 hours of wrestling every week. My "must see" show is Raw because my wife and I never miss it. Smackdown is not necessarily under the "must see" category, but my weekends feel somewhat incomplete without it. I usually tape it then watch it sunday or something. Then I also watch TNA Impact, followed by Reaction. I tape TNA too though and it's farther away from being "must see" for me than Smackdown is. So 4 hours of WWE combined with 3 hours of TNA equals an awesome 7 hours a week, which averages out to an hour daily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back