• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Re-Create Mania 18 with every Wcw/Ecw/Wwf star made available

Rocky84

This thread is a hybrid of the Invasion thread and PPV threads...so please let it stand alone here mods.

We all know what went wrong with the Invasion angle. We know that guys like Goldberg were sitting at home collecting their checks from their other contracts, and we know about Vince's ego with wanting to crush the WcW even more than he had by buying them, and we know about the grudges he had with guys like Macho, Bret and Luger. Plus the concern guys like Sting had about coming over (The Rock's -Booker T comment) and that Vince didn't want to pay the guys already getting paid by Aol I believe.

But let's say that you were the new Vince Russo to Vince and you were able to convince him to open the checkbook and put his grudges aside for the better of business and for the wrestling fans. Let's say you could talk to guys like Bret and Sting and convince them to come over. Let's also say that you could get HBK to come back a few months earlier from his Summer Slam comeback and push it back to Mania 18. Also you could bring in Brock Lesnar in a few months earlier than his debut the night after Mania.

What's the Ultimate Card you could put together? Feel free to include a storyline summary if you wanna throw an idea out there. Mine would look like this....

Here's goes...

Goldberg vs Stone Cold
(Wcw champ vs Wwf champ...Goldberg wins title on last episode of Nitro...this is the match of all matches that never happened)

Hollywood Hogan vs The Rock
(Wouldn't change a thing)

Bischoff vs McMahon
(street fight 5 years in the making for control of WWF)

The Outsiders vs The Outlaws w/ X-Pac. (Nwo vs Dx)
(Outlaws reunite and become tag champs again, Outsiders laugh at how they're not real champs, Xpac is torn between the two groups, joins Dx after Outsiders/Nwo beat him down for even questioning who's side he should take...tag titles on the line in a 3 on 2 match made by over-confident Outsiders)

Macho Man vs Shawn Michaels
(Maybe incorporate HBK into Dx again or come to their aide while the Nwo is attacking them creating a square off between these two and adding to the Nwo-Dx fued)

Bret Hart vs Triple H
(Bret calls out Hunter for being the brain behind the Montreal screw job...which I've read is true)

Sting vs The Undertaker
(Could make it so that the Undertaker is destroying Wcw wrestlers(not top guys) and Sting watches from above after it starts getting out of control...Undertaker sees him and continues while laughing...one week Sting drops down to help and the action begins)

RVD & Tazz & Sabu vs Jericho & Benoit & Foley
(Ecw Rules/ Ecw vs Wwf)

Ric Flair vs Roddy Piper
(Match to declare the Commissioner of Raw)

The Ultimate Warrior vs Brock Lesnar
(Warrior can come out while Heyman is boasting about the Next Big Thing)

Tommy Dreamer & Sandman & Rhyno vs DDP & Raven & Saturn
(Ecw rules/ Wcw vs Ecw)

Scott Steiner vs Kurt Angle
(2 collegiate wrestling stars would be a hell of an in-ring match)

The Big Show vs Kane
(Battle of Wcw-Wwf giants)

Booker T vs Edge vs Shane Douglas
(I'd keep the same endorsement angle but have 1 Wcw guy, Wwf guy and an Ecw guy going after it)

Nice! Mine would be:

Gorgeous George vs. Roddy Piper - Great main event.
The Iron Sheik vs. Bruiser Brody
Adrian Street vs. Don Muraco
Nikolai Volkoff vs. Ultimate Warrior
Lou Thesz vs. Verne Gagne
Hulk Hogan vs. Papa Shango

Nice! Mine would be:

Gorgeous George vs. Roddy Piper - Great main event.
The Iron Sheik vs. Bruiser Brody
Adrian Street vs. Don Muraco
Nikolai Volkoff vs. Ultimate Warrior
Lou Thesz vs. Verne Gagne
Hulk Hogan vs. Papa Shango
No no, Lou Thesz vs. Lanny Paffo
The rest are fine, but come on man.

I love the card, but the only problem I see with it is you're not giving the crowd much room for a breather. That card is STACKED!

Epic Card. Great job.

I'd change just a couple of things.

Hall/Nash vs DX (Hunter/Shawn) (w/ Sean Waltman as guest referee?)

Savage vs Jericho

Bret Hart vs Kurt Angle (I quit match)

Steiner vs Lesnar

RVD and Sabu vs The Hardy Boyz (Extreme rules)

Benoit vs Tazz (Submission match)

With those matches I removed Warrior, Foley, New Age Outlaws.

lmao georgeousgeoff ....that was awesome

Thanks mrmojo!... There would definitely need to be some intermissions lol

Epic Card. Great job.

I'd change just a couple of things.

Hall/Nash vs DX (Hunter/Shawn) (w/ Sean Waltman as guest referee?)

Savage vs Jericho

Bret Hart vs Kurt Angle (I quit match)

Steiner vs Lesnar

RVD and Sabu vs The Hardy Boyz (Extreme rules)

Benoit vs Tazz (Submission match)

With those matches I removed Warrior, Foley, New Age Outlaws.

Thanks bud! Your version is great too...I actually made this card in WWE 2k14 and then started a Mania 19 with a lot of the matches you mentioned...Bret vs Angle, Steiner vs Brock, The Outsiders vs Dx (HBK & HHH) = the Kliq battle.

That game has given me the joy of re-creating these cards and playing them out lol.

Goldberg .vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin - WCW Champ /vs/ WWE Champ
(I have to agree that this would be the biggest match they could put on. The two guys were still big and the match needed to happen.)

Mr. McMahon .vs. Eric Bischoff - Street Fight
(I don't need to explain)

NWO .vs. DX - Elimination Match
I would have Hogan,Nash,Hall, and perhaps Macho Man for the NWO. DX would have Triple H,Xpac and the New Age Outlaws.

Shawn Michaels .vs. Bret Hart
(The Match would be epic and filled with emotions, and as long as Bret and Shawn could put the stuff aside, this match would be huge.)

The Rock /vs/ Brock Lesnar w/ Heyman

(I would have put The Rock up against a WCW guy, but I think Lesnar beating The Rock at WrestleMania would pay off big. This is where we could see Heyman get up from the announcers table and become Brock's Manager)

Sting /vs/ The Undertaker

(Why not?)

Kurt Angle /vs/ Chris Benoit
(They were always gold in the ring, and They still have one of the best matches in my mind - Royal Rumble 2003)

RVD /vs/ Chris Jericho - Ladder Match

(The two guys were also gold in the ring)

Eddie Gurrerro /vs/ Rey Mysterio

Trish Stratus /vs/ Stacy Keibler - Bra and Panties

(Because I miss them :sad:)

The Hardys /vs/ The Dudley Boyz /vs/ Edge and Christian /vs/ The Steiners
(Tag Team Titles Unification Match, who is the best Tag Team???)

30 Man Gauntlet Match - 10 WWE Guys, 10 WCW Guys, 10 ECW Guys

(You could have Booker.T, DDP, Tazz, Sabu, ect. It would be cool)

This thread is a hybrid of the Invasion thread and PPV threads...so please let it stand alone here mods.

We all know what went wrong with the Invasion angle. We know that guys like Goldberg were sitting at home collecting their checks from their other contracts, and we know about Vince's ego with wanting to crush the WcW even more than he had by buying them, and we know about the grudges he had with guys like Macho, Bret and Luger. Plus the concern guys like Sting had about coming over (The Rock's -Booker T comment) and that Vince didn't want to pay the guys already getting paid by Aol I believe.

But let's say that you were the new Vince Russo to Vince and you were able to convince him to open the checkbook and put his grudges aside for the better of business and for the wrestling fans. Let's say you could talk to guys like Bret and Sting and convince them to come over. Let's also say that you could get HBK to come back a few months earlier from his Summer Slam comeback and push it back to Mania 18. Also you could bring in Brock Lesnar in a few months earlier than his debut the night after Mania.

What's the Ultimate Card you could put together? Feel free to include a storyline summary if you wanna throw an idea out there. Mine would look like this....

Here's goes...

Goldberg vs Stone Cold
(Wcw champ vs Wwf champ...Goldberg wins title on last episode of Nitro...this is the match of all matches that never happened)

Hollywood Hogan vs The Rock
(Wouldn't change a thing)

Bischoff vs McMahon
(street fight 5 years in the making for control of WWF)

The Outsiders vs The Outlaws w/ X-Pac. (Nwo vs Dx)
(Outlaws reunite and become tag champs again, Outsiders laugh at how they're not real champs, Xpac is torn between the two groups, joins Dx after Outsiders/Nwo beat him down for even questioning who's side he should take...tag titles on the line in a 3 on 2 match made by over-confident Outsiders)

Macho Man vs Shawn Michaels
(Maybe incorporate HBK into Dx again or come to their aide while the Nwo is attacking them creating a square off between these two and adding to the Nwo-Dx fued)

Bret Hart vs Triple H
(Bret calls out Hunter for being the brain behind the Montreal screw job...which I've read is true)

Sting vs The Undertaker
(Could make it so that the Undertaker is destroying Wcw wrestlers(not top guys) and Sting watches from above after it starts getting out of control...Undertaker sees him and continues while laughing...one week Sting drops down to help and the action begins)

RVD & Tazz & Sabu vs Jericho & Benoit & Foley
(Ecw Rules/ Ecw vs Wwf)

Ric Flair vs Roddy Piper
(Match to declare the Commissioner of Raw)

The Ultimate Warrior vs Brock Lesnar
(Warrior can come out while Heyman is boasting about the Next Big Thing)

Tommy Dreamer & Sandman & Rhyno vs DDP & Raven & Saturn
(Ecw rules/ Wcw vs Ecw)

Scott Steiner vs Kurt Angle
(2 collegiate wrestling stars would be a hell of an in-ring match)

The Big Show vs Kane
(Battle of Wcw-Wwf giants)

Booker T vs Edge vs Shane Douglas
(I'd keep the same endorsement angle but have 1 Wcw guy, Wwf guy and an Ecw guy going after it)

So Chris Jericho gets the push of his career as Undisputed Champion and wrestling fans worldwide mark out for him finally main eventing WrestleMania, and you decide that you'd prefer for him to be in a six-man-tag?? That's freaking weak.

I'm only using wrestlers who:
-worked for at least one of the big 3 companies
-wrestled their final match at some point after WMX8
-debuted on TV for one of the big 3 by WMX8 (except for Lesnar, who debuted the day after)
-I decided not to use Bret Hart, I consider him retired after his match vs. Goldberg

*Pre-show Match #1: The UnAmericans (Christian, Lance Storm, William Regal, Test) w/ Trish Stratus vs. Team America (Goldust, APA, Mr. Perfect) w/ Jacqueline
(Team America wins via Shattered Dreams on William Regal followed by a Perfect Plex)

*Pre-show Match #2: Impromptu 24/7 Hardcore Title Match: Raven (champion) vs. Dreamer
(Raven wins via DDT through a table on the stage)
------------
Match #1: 10-man #1 Contender Gauntlet Match:
Eddie Guerrero vs. Kane vs. Big Show vs. Tazz vs. Chris Benoit vs. DDP vs. Edge vs. Scott Steiner vs. Booker T vs. Rhyno
(Winner faces Chris Jericho for the WWE Championship later in the night)

(Order of elimination)
1. Kane over Eddie via chokeslam
2. Big Show over Kane via chokeslam
3. Tazz over Big Show via Tazzmission
4. Tazz over Chris Benoit via Tazzplex
5. DDP over Tazz via count-out
6. Edge over DDP via small-package
7. Steiner over Edge via Steiner Recliner
8. Scott Steiner over Booker T via Frankensteiner
(Lesnar debuts attacking Rhyno during his entrance & replaces him in the match)
9. Brock Lesnar over Scott Steiner via F-5
(Brock Lesnar wins #1 contender)

Match #2: Extreme Rules: Hardy Boyz w/ Lita vs. RVD & Sabu w/ Bill Alfonso
(RVD & Sabu win via a crazy bump, use your own imagination)

Match #3: Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio
(Open challenge-Rey's debut)
(Mysterio wins via 619)

Match #4: Tag Titles Match: Dudley Boyz (Champions) vs. The Outsiders
(Outsiders win via interference from X-Pac, Spike also has a run-in)

Match #5: Goldberg vs. Undertaker
(streak vs. streak)
(Undertaker wins via Last Ride then Tombstone)

Match #6: The Rock vs. Ric Flair
(Two of the most charismatic guys in the history of the business, as well as the two other guys you could make cases for as the face of their respective decades)
(Rock wins via Rockbottom)

Match #7: Grudge Match: Randy Savage vs. HHH w/ Vince & Stephanie McMahon
(worked-shoots on the real-life animosity between Savage & the McMahons)
(Savage wins via Elbow Drop)

Match #8: HBK vs. Sting
(Showstopper vs. Icon)
(Sting wins via Scorpion Deathlock)

Match #9: WWE Championship: Chris Jericho (champion) vs. Brock Lesnar
(Brock won a #1 Contender Gauntlet Match earlier in the night)
(Brock Lesnar wins WWE Championship via F-5)

Match #10: Steve Austin vs. Hollywood Hogan
(The face of the 80's vs. the face of the 90's)
(Austin wins via Stunner)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back