RAW VS CFP Championship

kadroan

King Of The Ring
In two weeks, Oregon and Ohio State will be facing off for the College Football Playoff Championship on January 12th.

Last year, Auburn vs. FSU for the BCS Championship drew a 15.3 overnight rating on ESPN.

The CFP Championship should provide tough competition to RAW.

Brock is scheduled to appear on RAW that week. I wonder what the WWE will do to try to get viewers to change the channel from the game. I recall WWE had a segment on the September 16th edition of RAW where Cena threatened Heyman to get Brock on RAW but "half time" which happened to be half time of the Eagles/Colts game.

I remember WWE made a big deal of Taker and HHH wrestling their first matches on RAW in years on two RAWs during the summer of 2013. I wonder would WWE have Brock wrestle his first match on RAW in over a decade or come up with something big like HHH facing Reigns. Thoughts? Predictions?

Title change? MITB cash in? Sting Appearance?

Any of those could happen, but the reality is they won't bother. They know the night is a bust ratings wise so why waste a strong angle on it? Now the news of the Ultron/Avengers trailer debuting on that show as well... WWE will just do a standard RAW.

I'll be watching the CFP Championship and catch Raw on the rebound myself. WWE better do something good to make me have to flip channels back and forth.

Raw should take the night off really. It's college football's biggest game and between two pretty good teams so they're going to pull in great ratings. Vince thinks he's on that level so he'll try hard but he could have The Rock vs HBK vs Austin main event and it's really not going to move the dial.

Football is boring in my opinion. Doing a brogue kick is not allowed, there is no element of surprise, nothing to be invested in, long time doing the same thing over and over again ( throw the ball, didn't catch, oops now we have to Change positions, repeat) . WWE is the best form of entertainment. It is exciting!! We can see RKO's and Atitude Adjustments, there's no telling what's going to happen ( no one expected The Authority to be back this early), the storyline progression towards to Road to WrestleMania keeps on intriguing us fans ( wow he did that to him, must be a WrestleMania match on the works!) and we get to see a variety of matches and segments to keep things fresh. Who survived the ambulance match between Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose? What evil plans do the Authority have? How does Dolph Ziggler keep his momentum growing. There's so much to look forward to in the WWE and I will be watching RAW just like I always do every Monday!!! #WWEFan4Life

They couldn't do anything that night that will take away from the college football game. Those not interested in football and are at home will watch RAW just as they do every week it goes up against the NFL.

I'm sure the WWE knows this and won't waste a huge moment on an audience that isn't there. We'll get a standard RAW that night.

While there's no way that Raw will outdraw the game, that still doesn't mean they'll draw lousy numbers or that they'll do a throwaway show. How quickly we forget. :p

Up against the championship game last year featuring Florida State vs. Auburn, WWE put on an "Old School" episode that featured Ric Flair, Rowdy Roddy Piper hosting Piper's Pit, Brock Lesnar running around, a handful of good matches including a great singles match in CM Punk vs. Roman Reigns and saw Jake The Snake Roberts set foot inside a WWE ring since the mid 90s. The show drew a 3.23 Nielsen rating with 4,723,000 viewers, which are strong numbers and consistent with what Raw draws during the first 5 months or so of the year.

So no, I doubt WWE is gonna just roll over and put on a crap show. They took it to the championship game last year and drew some strong numbers, so I see no reason why they won't try to do the same this year.

I'm in agreement that just because the CFP Championship (DAMN it feels good not to have to say "BCS" anymore) will trounce Raw, that somehow that means it's going to be a throwaway show, for reasons that have been stated many times before, including that WWE's audience is not necessarily CFB's audience. It's the National Championship game, and it's gonna be a damn good one. Even if it weren't, Raw is still not going to do anything to their ratings head-to-head.

That being said, I still remember when it seemed like WWE put 110% into Raw EVERY Monday night. Now, it seems like there are more "throwaways" than not. But we all know that. I don't expect a big OMG moment, but it would be nice if there were one. I watch Raw every week on Hulu anyway. The options for watching if you miss it are far more than back in the day. So you can still see it. I dunno. Raw just seems so lazy anymore, that it's really hard to imagine them pulling a rabbit out of the hat EVER.

And when they do (Sting at Survivor Series), often it's wasted and goes without follow-up. I don't know, I don't know. I really get the feeling that a few people on these forums could actually do a far better job than WWE Creative.

As much of a Wrestling fan i am. I am watching The National Title Game. I think on that night, The game is more important. My Ducks are going to for the title. So that game will take higher precedent. WWE will ALWAYS be on. but this is a once and a year thing.

GO OREGON DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WIN THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back