• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RAW: Rollins/Wyatt/Balor/Roman

DaleBryan

Occasional Pre-Show
So what's going on with these guys.

Bray Wyatt vs. Seth Rollins
Does this feud excite/interest anyone?

I guess, for me, I'll be interested to see where it goes. But I just already have a bad feeling that this feud will do nothing to further either man. Where did this feud come from? Why are they fighting? Because it really just seems like Bray and Seth were thrown together because they have nothing else to do. On paper it's a feud that has never been done. But for some reason I feel like I've already seen it a thousand times.

Wyatts gimmick is running so dry for me. Mainly because he has zero credibility. He comes out and speaks some nonsense, then calls himself a god, then loses the big payoff match. Same formula every time. His entrance video still has Randy Orton in it, for whatever that's worth I guess. For the people that will say, "Brays character doesn't need to win." Where I once would have agreed with you, I no longer do. Bray needs to start winning some feuds or he needs a character change or progression of some sorts immediately. What is Bo Dallas doing? Could they form a tag team or a new group? Feud with the Hardys, doesn't even have to be for the belts.

Seth isn't in a much better position either. Personally, I would have liked to seen Seth set his sights on IC gold for the time being. This feud with Bray could have waited. Also wasn't Bray interrupting Finn Balor matches and such not too long ago? And what are they even doing with Finn? There was a part of me that thought his music was about to play when Neville was talking last night. Then Neville started talking about Akira Tozowa. :icon_neutral:

Then there is Roman Reigns. His big SummerSlam announcement is next week. Initially I was thinking He'll be interrupted by Finn Balor since he also wasn't used on RAW this week. If the rumors are true of John Cena being a "free agent " then I could definitely see Cena interrupting Roman next week. Maybe his announcement will have something to do with Kurt Angle? Or with news that he is cleared to compete it could very well be Braun Strowman? Or the Universal Championship? I'm intrigued about this one! If I were to guess I would say it's going to be John Cena and I would be into that match for Summerslam.

So long story short, what are your guys' thoughts on:
- Bray Wyatt vs. Seth Rollins
- What are they doing with Finn Balor?
- Roman Reigns Summerslam announcement

Right now the entire RAW locker room find themselves imprisoned in the wrath of Brock Lesnar and the "guy" Roman Reigns. They are all ready and set, lined up, to face Brock Lesnar and lose, hoping that they don't get squashed. At Best.

And that bring me to Wyatt vs Rollins. Nobody cares really. Why?
a) It doesn't matter, because those guys are imprisoned for an entire year, until after WM 34. No matter what they do, they're not getting that belt. So, what's the point?
b) On top of that, creative doesn't care either at this point. They're just randomly generating feuds around their special priority, that is Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar.

I wouldn't have a problem, but they're just throwing people at each other for no reason at all. Like Rollins said: "You attacked me because I called you some names?". That's the exact state of RAW's creative at the moment.

With Balor? They don't even know. Balor and The Club are just lost. Miz and Ambrose might feud for eternity. The stars are trying, all on their own accord, to get over, like Braun did. Creative didn't help him anywhere.

However RAW needs something to wake the fuck up at this point. I don't care if Lesnar holds the belt forever. Just give the rest of the guys something to do. You have the original Club, you have the Shield, you have the Hardys. Aren't those guys the biggest wordwide wrestling attractions we saw in the last 3 years around the world in different wrestling corporations? You have those three money making acts and your show sucks, then you are doing something terribly wrong.

I find myself thinking on a regular basis at this point that Raw is a massive clusterfuck, and this past week's Raw definitely assured me on that. It was a total mess. And part of the problem is creative just seem to have given up. I've never watched anything so stale. Six months of repetitive matches we have seen since bloody January are STILL happening and feuds are being seemingly forced out of nowhere when others seemed to be in place. Bray Wyatt vs. Seth Rollins is a real example of this. As the above post said, the script for Rollins almost identified how pointless the feud is, and that says everything. We no longer need to infer the pointlessness and lack of direction on Raw. They just tell us instead. And what happened to Bray vs. Finn Bálor? Does that not make more sense? This just goes to show, in my mind anyway, that no matter how much of a great idea we all thought that the fatal five-way was, the buildup to Extreme Rules was designed to hide how WWE still doesn't know what to do with anyone.

Particularly with Bálor, I really do feel sorry for him. The instant push to the top that he received last summer was well-earned and seemingly a popular move, but what has become of him since his return? He's absolutely directionless and whether or not that's because the actual, logical thing for Bálor to want is not around unless the pay check is awaiting is debatable, but WWE likely know themselves that with Lesnar as champion, they have backed certain guys into corners where the logic just cannot flow. I'm actually shocked how we have had The Club on the same brand now since WrestleMania, all doing nothing, and they haven't come together. Why? I really think it could be something good, and later on down the line, if AJ Styles ever comes to Raw, there's an instant story to be told. But for now Bálor remains in creative purgatory with the rest of the Raw roster.

Ultimately I think the issue is that creative don't know what to do, and so come Raw, in which they have had a week to think this thing through, it's the same matches, bland developments and directionless nonsense. We are led to believe in these stories that some sort of reset button has been hit - Bray Wyatt surely shows us this since when was the last time he won something? - and with that means everybody is a big deal. But they're not. Roman Reigns and Braun Strowman are the two big deals on Raw, and Lesnar when he shows up. And that is down to many factors. Hopefully beginning with Reigns' announcement next week, SummerSlam begins to shape up and we get some steady booking.

So what's going on with these guys.

Bray Wyatt vs. Seth Rollins
Does this feud excite/interest anyone?

So long story short, what are your guys' thoughts on:
- Bray Wyatt vs. Seth Rollins
- What are they doing with Finn Balor?
- Roman Reigns Summerslam announcement

The answer is a simple one, nothing is going on with these guys. We and they are in a holding pattern. Vince has put the belt on a part timer who will show up about 5-6 times this year. Lesnar will fight Joe, Rollins, Wyatt, Balor and Strowman. He will beat all of them until he runs into Roman Reigns in the main event at Wrestlemania 34. Reigns will demolish him, win the title and hold it for all eternity.

What the WWE seems to have forgotten is that between last years Mania and next year's there are 52 weeks of shows to put on, plus however many PPV's that will come up. We have the most boring creative bunch in the world booking these shows, and it's showing.

I said it on the LD thread the other night, the only feuds seems to be in the women's and tag team division's. All the rest of them can sit and spin apparently.

As for Wyatt/Rollins, it's another Wyatt starting a feud for no reason at all. Same as he starts every other feud. He will end up losing and go on to the next guy. It will do nothing for either guy and God only knows what will happen to Rolllins afterwards. Roman Reigns can announce what he wants for Summerslam, personally I couldn't give a damm. He's the only one the WWE seems to care about, so he doesn't need me to worry about him.

Raw's viewership is tanking. SD's was doing okay, but they've dropped off a little this week. Both shows are reaching all time lows, and that's not good news. I know summer is here but it's pretty obvious that what is being put out there isn't holding the fans attention. The WWE is no longer 'must see TV'.

Raw sucks. Reigns being rammed down our throats, nobody wants him as the head face.
Strowman is back, and will have to kept strong if the plan is still Lesnar vs Strowman at Summerslam. But does feeding Strowman to Lesnar help anybody? The only bloke who has been able to get one over was Goldberg, and wheres he??? Goneski. The belt needs to be on Raw. First step, Joe wins the belt at Great Balls of Fire. Lesnar gets his rematch at Summerslam, or make it a fatal four way if they must with Reigns and Strowman. Rollins needs to get past Wyatt, fast. What happended to the proposed Wyatt vs Balor feud? HHH will return, does he put a group together? Cass, Revival and maybe a turning Balor? The Club have been grossly misused. Its sickening. So much potential, instead its share wins so nobody gets bigger than WWE, boring as fuck product. Its sad when Goldust/RTruth is the most interesting feud at present

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back