• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rate the Match: Bret Hart (c) vs. Owen Hart in a cage match - SummerSlam 1994

What would you rate it?

• 0-5

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
I absolutely love this match!!
If anyone hasn't seen this match, I would reccommend any wrestling fan to go back and watch this match, the whole 30+ mins!

It was a rematch of their WMX epic match which we saw Owen Hart pick up the victory, however later that night Bret goes out and wins the WWF title, this continued the rivalry between the brothers, it got to a point where all the Hart Family got involved! The story-telling in this match was just tooo good, we didn't see a submission hold in this match until the end, it was pure entertainment IMO, how they kept trying to escape and then in the end, it was a really good finish in my eyes, but that wasn't even the end of it.. I might get some hate for saying this, but I actually prefer this match to their WM match.. Some people forget about this match because of their WM match..

-I would rate this match 10/10 just like their WM match.. The crowd was into this match as was I! Easily my favourite cage match of all time..

I was in attendance for this match and it was awesome to watch it live. Most cage matches are the climax of a violent feud. They are usually bloody brawls and the cage is meant to keep the wrestlers in the ring. In this case it was stated that the purpose of the cage was more to keep the Hart family out than to keep Bret and Owen in. This resulted in more of a mat based wrestling match with the steel cage surroundings instead of the typical brawl. Using the cage as a suspenseful prop to try to escape instead of a weapon made this match unique. I don’t think many people are going to have anything bad to say about this one. From what I’ve read here this is one of those matches that seems to receive universal praise. I do prefer the WM10 match but the SummerSlam match was a classic too.

Like Brain, I loved this match, but enjoyed their 'Mania match a bit more. Anytime Bret and Owen worked together was a treat. The Bret/Owen feud will always be one of my favorites. I will say though, I liked the finish to the cage match a little better. The outcome not being the reason, I just thought it was a pretty cool, unique finishing sequence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back