Rate the Debut: Kane or Jericho

Which do you Prefer?

• Y2J Chris Jericho

• Kane

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Man They Call WMD

Check Out My Spoiler Page
So Y2J destroyed HHH in the last version of Rate the Debut.Some in the debate said it was the last great debut. He won at such a percentage that I decided to rate his debut up against another legendary Debut.
The debut I speak of is KANE. Kane debuted and cost Undertaker the Title against HBK in a Hell in a CEll at bad blood. Here is the debut
[YOUTUBE]83oHI2QOTYg[/YOUTUBE]​
Here is Y2J's debut again.
[YOUTUBE]l8p4PpRBNqE[/YOUTUBE]​
So which is better?

Jericho, hands-down. Yeah, Kane intimidated the hell out of people in his debut, but my god, Jericho was soooooo smoothe on the mic, even at that young age!

the countdown that sparked more and more curiousity, the known talent that was finally on the right show, the interaction with the rock...jerichos debut is just head and shoulders better than issac yankum dds' new character even if it did have to do with the undertaker. y2j's is probably the best debut of all time or atleast my fav!! (other than the shockmaster ofcourse)

Kane's debut had a threw him right into a main event feud with the Undertaker. Chris Jericho's debut was fun to watch but didn't really mean anything in the long run.

Kane didn't cost Undertaker the title....he cost him a title shot.

I think because Jericho had a past in WCW it was an advantage for a debut. On the other hand, since Kane was new, he needed to do something BIG to be noticed and costing his "brother" the match is great. Id have to say I personally enjoyed Jerichos better but i believe Kane had a bigger impact.

Jericho's debut is one of my personal favourites, except for the stupid faces he pulls. The whole countdown thing was fantastic and original. To make your debut in a verbal battle with Rock is something pretty special. Kane's debut obviously had a big impact, but personally I prefer Jericho's.

once again im completely against jericho totally disliked his debut. kane made a huge impact and made a statement. he also continued on with attacking the undertaker, they had a good WM match, plus this was the old kane, the one that tore people apart!!! sdo i vote kane.

Now these 2 ARE debuts, so well done.

I loved the Kane debut, it was done brilliantly. He looked terrifying, absolutely dominated The Undertaker, which very few had done before and it made for a great ending to a PPV.

However, personally I have always thought Jericho's debut is the best I have seen. The crowd pop when the name JERICHO appears on the titantron is absolutely massive, and the chemistry between Jericho and The Rock is perfect.

People are right in saying Jericho's debut was the last great debut of the 1990s are definitely right, and although Kane's first appearance is one of the best, Jericho's is slightly better.

Hmm, very tough question here. Ultimately, I went with Kane's, though. Jericho's WWE debut back in '99 was HUGE! And I mean that in every sense of the word. The reason why I chose Kane's was because at the time the dirt sheet known as the internet was just beginning to snow ball and I really hadn't totally discovered "all" of what went on backstage and Kane attacking the Undertaker at Badd Blood was just such a monumental surprise. I mean, he destroys The Undertaker and I don't think many people saw that coming, whereas with Jericho, I knew it was coming, even though it didn't totally deter from the experience. Although, after watchinth, I definitely just got chills watching Jericho's. WELCOME...TO RAW..IS..JERICHO!!! Why did people stop chanting: "GO JERICHO GO!"

Jericho's is better. That's not to say that Kane's was no good, but Jericho's is really in a class all by itself. The entire countdown was absolutely brilliant, it made the debut relevant outside of wrestling. It piqued people's attention, because Y2K and all that paranoia was rampant, people honestly tuned in to watch it. The pop he got was giant, and the way he bounced off of The Rock was also amazing. He made his debut seem so important, he built himself up with that great promo. I remember that debut to this day, and I adored it.

Kane on the other hand, while it was pretty cool, it just wasn't as big of an event as Chris Jericho's debut. Jericho was so good on the mic that the crowd was eating right out of his hand. Kane on the other hand just came in and went after 'Taker. At the time, it was very different and interesting, but the big problem was the fact that the crowd just didn't react to it the way they reacted to Jericho.

Chris Jericho made that night relevant, he proved why he was there that day. Jericho all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back