Randy Orton: The Battle Within

La Mascara

Dark Match Winner
Yo:

I've been reading posts about how Randy Orton is being made to look weak by hiding behind Rhodes and Dibiase. At one point I agreed, but after seeing tonight's promo, which was one of the best he's done, I think there is more to it.

I might be giving creative a lot of credit, but I think the way the storyline is being built, we are seeing the growth of The Randy Orton.

Everytime he cuts an emotional promo, you can see that there is something else that is happening. He knows the destructive power he holds, but is afraid of it because it might be too powerful for him to handle. Hence he hides behind Legacy so he won't actually have to face that power within.

As wrestlemania draws near, his promos are more edgy, his actions are more dangerous. Randy Orton realizes it. He enjoys it. But once the aftermath hits, he can believe what he has done is afraid to know what else he capable of. He is hiding behind the IED to give him an excuse for his actions so he won't be responsible, but he knows that is not true. It shows more and more as wrestlemania draws near.

I think the RAW before WM or at WM itself, Orton will accept and take responsibility of the great power within him. Thus giving him the x-factor needed to defeated HHH, hopefully cleanly, at WM.

I maybe looking in too deep and giving the WWE too much credit, but I think it is being done intentionally.

I am amazed with the growth of Randy Orton the past few months. His acting, promos, and matches are amazing.

Let your voice be heard

Holla :dark2:

Agreed. In 2005 I met Orton and several others at Hooters in OKC and he was this biggest dick in the world to some guys girlfriend so I cant help hating him knowing how he is but he has vastly improved. btw, jamie noble got legit hurt on raw if u dvr'd it

That does actually make a lot of sense, but WWE has numerously been weak in its storylines. Nevertheless this leading up to probably the main event of the biggest wrestling event of all time, and hopefully Orton's final road to the top, it could be true. It would also make for great character development over the coming weeks.

But it'll probs end up with Orton being the same as 80% of past heels, hiding behind others, barely getting wins.

Agreed. In 2005 I met Orton and several others at Hooters in OKC and he was this biggest dick in the world to some guys girlfriend so I cant help hating him knowing how he is but he has vastly improved. btw, jamie noble got legit hurt on raw if u dvr'd it

What does this have to do with anything? You're talking about Randy Orton's personal life, the thread starter is talking about his character. Though Orton was known for being a jerk not too long ago, that has changed and he has matured a lot since then, atleast that's whats been reported. I equate that more to the notion that his attitude was getting him in real trouble backstage, and he knew if he was going to be a top guy in the WWE he needed to change.

But, back to the topic. I agree to a point with what the guy said, how Orton always shows his "surprise" over his actions as it relates to going over the top and taking out the McMahons. He's playing up the whole IED thing though, who's to say it's just him being smart and knowing that if he acts that way the IED thing will be more believable thus he won't get in trouble.. though thats a bit much from the creative team.

And of course he hides behind his Legacy buddies, thats the point of a faction, the top heel always hides behind his lackies. HHH did it with Evolution, Shawn Michaels did it with DX, Hogan did it with the N.W.O. It's the point of the faction to make sure the top guy comes out on top, so DiBiase and Rhodes are always going to be there putting themselves in harms way and interfering in matches to help out their leader.

I don't agree that he's going to have this revelation that he needs to accept his anger and let it out, he already does let it out and although as mentioned he seems to show remorse or regret after, it's just part of the IED storyline.

His promo tonight was good, borderline great, and although some argue that he is boring I find him to be at the top of the game when it comes to being a heel. This feud with HHH is heating up, and things are looking promising.

I can see what you are trying to say about the power from within. Good points you made. Orton is the next great "heel" of the industry. If the WWE has any sense they will have him beat HHH cleanly as you mentioned earlier. Orton walking away with an RKO followed by a 1-2-3. Would be amazing, and I would love to see Stephanie in tears over her fallen man awakening the beast from within HHH. Imagine the greatest heel of the 20th century v.s the greatest heel of the 21st century. Wrestlemania should only be the beginning of what could be a lengend of a feud.

I agree 100%, randy orton has a power within that he cant control right now or doesnt know if he can, which is why hes backed up by rhodes and dibasie,
but to touch on what truk24 said about stephanie in tears, i think that maybe she might be drawn to the power of orton and with orton taken out shane and vince shes in line to run the wwe, so im thinking maybe a wrestlemania 2000 repeat where vince turned on the rock, im thinking maybe stephanie might turn on hhh to join legacy to further add fuel to the storyline and as a better power group running the wwe.

Look RKO vs HHH at Wrestlemania is going to be a GREAT Match but it shouldn't be for The WWE Championship. Yes, RKO has grown up a lot over the Last Couple of Years but when you take on The McMahons on the way to Wrestlemania you better know what you're doing. The WWE Championship has only been Defended in a Grudge Match Once and that was Wrestlmania V: The Mega Powers Explode. That was about Jealousy, This Time it's Personal. Only Time will tell if it will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back