Randy Orton Legend Killer Tour of 2010 Headquarters

I'm sure X will write some tedious essay about how Funk took on "Sturdy" Jack Purdy in an hour long classic in Madison Square Garden during the long hot summer of '67 that's superior to anything Orton's done. My response? "Yeah, alright. Give a shit. Saves me changing the campaign name to the "I don't even know who that is" Killer."

Even I could make a convincing argument as to way Terry Funk should beat Orton. It really isn't hard when Funk is easily one of the top 10 workers of all time and Orton is barely in the top 10 of current performers, including TNA guys.

Terry Funk has done much more in his career, no doubt...because he has been wrestling for 45 years (he had a match this year). When it's all said and done (barring some kind of accident/behavior problems/etc.), I see Randy Orton becoming one of the best we have ever seen.

Even I could make a convincing argument as to way Terry Funk should beat Orton. It really isn't hard when Funk is easily one of the top 10 workers of all time and Orton is barely in the top 10 of current performers, including TNA guys.

Barely a top ten guy right now? I think he's the best guy in the business, but I can see an argument for him not being #1. What other guys (nearly ten of them) do you see as being better than Orton?

Yeah, he's in there, but by default.

In no particular order:

CM Punk
Chris Jericho
Rey Mysterio
John Cena
Batista
Triple H
Undertaker
AJ Styles

Then Randy Orton. I'm basing this on the overall quality of their matches by the way.

Taker and HHH I can see, but not the others. I have always found Batista and Cena to be redundant and boring in the ring. I don't mean they have limited movesets, I just don't find the way they execute their moves to be particularly convincing. CM Punk is on his way up, and may be the best heel in wrestling within the next year or so (if he's not already). But I just don't find him to be nearly as aggresive, nor as intimidating as Orton. I just don't think Punk is on Orton's level..yet.

Jericho is still really fun to watch, but he is slowing down. He doesn't have the speed and agility he once did, and it affects him in the ring. His character is becoming just a tad bit stale as well, but still very entertaining. Mysterio has worn on me throughout the years. I used to dig the whole underdog deal, but that's gotten stale. Also, I don't really like watching him in the ring with guys who could clearly stomp him out, no problem. Just not believable to me.

AJ is another guy who is on his way up, and is great in the ring, maybe better than Orton. But as a whole, I don't think he is anywhere near Orton, at least not right now. I like what he's doing with Flair, but he seems a bit green on the mic, and I'm not sure he's comfortable having an actual character yet.

But I'm totally biased. Orton is my favorite guy, has been since he came back from his broken collarbone. I think he made drastic improvements to every facet of his game after returning from that injury. I would like to see him involved in better, edgier, and more entertaining storylines, but I still think he's the best going right now.

Shadowmancer?

And Randy Orton goes through, I like to think, because of the variety of strong arguments I put forward. No, don't check the thread. Just take my word for it.

I think Sam might have convinced me to vote for the other guy. Don't quite remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back