• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Radio Conversations

Mrs Sexy

Occasional Pre-Show
Yesterday I called one of our local radio stations to see if they were taking song requests. Here's my conversation. This conversation only took place because of me being mad about the Buckcherry concert.

Me: I have a question..Are you taking song requests right now?

Radio Guy: Sure, what song would you like to hear?

Me: "Sorry" by Buckcherry because I feel they owe me an apology!

Radio Guy: And $35 back too

Me: Yeah, that too!

This was hilarious because he actually put the conversation on air.

Awesome!

One time the big local rock station had me on air too, which was awesome. I requested "Anything from the Chemical Brothers" and felt like the coolest dude alive afterwards. My buddies and I were SO excited, drinking beer in his garage and listening to the radio :lmao:

I've been on the local college radio station a few times a few years ago when my friend was a DJ for them. Great underground station, plays a lot of underground hip hop, old school reggae and random assorted punk rock.

Yeah. I'm rambling. You have more time to be online then Will does these days!

I hate when concerts are canceled. A buddy of mine and I drove three and a half hours to see 3 Doors Down, 311 and Hinder. 3 Doors Down's singer had laryngitis and there was no show. He gave notice 36 hours before the show was scheduled but the promoter didn't send out a notice until 8 hours beofre it started. I got a ticket on the way there too. It's ridiculous.

Awesome!

One time the big local rock station had me on air too, which was awesome. I requested "Anything from the Chemical Brothers" and felt like the coolest dude alive afterwards. My buddies and I were SO excited, drinking beer in his garage and listening to the radio :lmao:

I've been on the local college radio station a few times a few years ago when my friend was a DJ for them. Great underground station, plays a lot of underground hip hop, old school reggae and random assorted punk rock.

Yeah. I'm rambling. You have more time to be online then Will does these days!

What's funny is, I'm online a lot. But I hardly ever get on WZ anymore. No specific reason why. I would like to be on more and post some wrestling too, but heh, I haven't even been watching it that much. I will miss Lillian though!

good read...

thanks...I had a laugh.

:lmao: I'm glad you had a good laugh:) I was really looking forward to the concert too! What would have been even better was them hearing my conversation...haha

I hate when concerts are canceled. A buddy of mine and I drove three and a half hours to see 3 Doors Down, 311 and Hinder. 3 Doors Down's singer had laryngitis and there was no show. He gave notice 36 hours before the show was scheduled but the promoter didn't send out a notice until 8 hours beofre it started. I got a ticket on the way there too. It's ridiculous.

But at least that excuse was a medical type. What Buckcherry did was complete bullshit. Plus radio stations were NOT announcing it was cancelled. Had I of known before we planned on leaving, we still would have gone but to visit with our friend(which we did do) but we would have taken the kids with us to visit her.

Oh yeah the Buckcherry one was definitely worse. That really is bullshit indeed. I've been to only a handful of shows, but the best one I've ever been to was at a club with maybe 200 people there. It's a more intimate atmosphere.

I would want 1,000,000 just for listening to a buckcherry song. Then an apology, then I would want them hanged. They are beyond awful.

Hey you're a crazy bitch, but you fuck so good im on top of it. When I dream, of doin you all night. Scratches all down my back that keep me right on....

they make ICP look like fucking Edgar Allen Poe.

I dont mind alot of modern music. In fact i hate to say it, but im a fan of shinedown. Dont hate me X. But buckcherry takes the cake as the worst band ever. Avenged Sevenfold and Nickelback are very close though.

I've seen Shinedown and Nickelback. Shinedown's singer was either drunk or high or both. They were still fairly solid though. Nickelback....well I liked it, but the girl I was there with pointed out something very interesting. We were waiting for the parking lot to clear out and she said that Nickelback was a show, not a concert. That made a lot of sense.

This one time when I was 8 or something I won a radio contest and was so excited I was screaming into the phone and my voice was all squeaky and the DJs made fun of me.

I have it on tape somewhere.

Oh, they were talking about difficult relationships, and I pretended to be someone living with an obsessive compulsive. I can't really remember what I said, but it kept getting more ridiculous until Matthew Wright just started doing weird faces and then they just stopped talking to me. It wasn't that funny really, but at 16, I thought it was hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back