R-Truth Theme Song?

flaboy

Dark Match Winner
this thread is just something i came up with to have a lil fun, but if you could pick one theme song to give to r truth what would it be? I think he really needs one but it has to be appropriate for his character. I loved the whole heel turn and conspiracy theory gimmick that led to the attacks on morrison and others but i think wwe went to far with the talking to imaginary people, mentally insane character. I think it would be pretty hard to bring him back from a nut case they made him into a believable champ. In other words I think they went to far with the character. But anyways if I could give him a theme song I think it would be lil boosie mind of a maniac, if youve never herd it you tube it and check it out it kinda fits him. (if they would let him get away from the pg era a lil and get away with a few things. but what do yall think? (no pg rating involved anything will work.)

The Truth Shall Set You Free

It fits Mr. Truth perfectly no more happy go lucky rap music for the "lil Jimmys" instead its quiet blank being the exact opposite of what they want...

He does not need to change the music. Its Vintage R-Truth

I don't think you get R-Truth's character. During his first heel promo he said "No dancing. No singing. No more making money out of R-Truth" Or something along these lines. So "The Truth.. Shall Set You Free" Fits him perfectly now.

Every time you hear "The Truth.. Shall Set You Free" You always hear a following mixed reaction from the crowd and I love it everytime. I don't think he needs a new theme song. This is actually something original for once.

No way. His lack of a theme is making him unique and it fits his character very well. All the little things that go into making a wrestler successful add up quickly and this is one of them, coupled with his current direction and behavior, the lack of a theme is working. Why would you want to give him a theme anyway? It would contradict everything he has been on about for the last while. I don't think the WWE are foolish enough to build R-Truth up as a great heel then strap a theme onto him and IMMEDIATELY drop him down a few levels.

You might not think it would make that big of an impact, but it would. It's that noticeable.

I love that he doesn't have a theme song for several reasons

1) Continuity; the first thing he said was that he wasn't going to sing and dance for the little jimmys anymore. It's the polar opposite of what he used to be, which is he wants... his music was a big part of his old gimmick and the lack of music is a big part of his new gimmick.

2) It's memorable & unique; R-truth already stands out from the modern superstar by being the first in a long time without an entrance theme who isn't a jobber, sure some didn't have themes in the 80s and early 90s but I did say MODERN, it'll also stand out to the first time viewer, by all accounts R-Truth will probably be the first wrestler a first time viewer will remember due to lack of music.

3) It's an incredibly heely thing to do which is good considering R-Truth is a heel

4) It puts the focus on R-Truth in his entrance, he talks to himself as he enters the ring and it adds emphasize to the fact he's unstable without any promo time, again good for the new viewer and also can progress the story within the confines of an entrance.

R-Truth coming out to silence is the most creative thing they've done with entrance themes in a while. It fits with his hatred of his former pandering self, who used to exclusively use rapping and dancing to get over.

Also, R-Truth went from someone I vehemently loathed to one of the things I look forward to most on Monday nights, so I think they've done an amazing job with him. No changes needed. He's a great upper mid-card heel who can work well with just about anyone storyline wise.

Like everyone else has said, R-Truth doesn't need theme music. Watching that crazy ass come down to the ring talking to himself is hilarious and with music that puts you off a bit. Also, like people have said, no singing, no dancing. All music allows you to either sing, dance or both. So, I see that's why there is no theme music. Also, people backstage think Truth has a loose bolt in his head. Point being with no music it just makes him more unusual.

The Truth Shall Set You Free works brilliantly and when I watch R-Truth come down to the ring, I can guaran-damn-tee I'll be entertained. God, never ever thought I'd say that this time last year. How times have changed.

This reminds me of the days when I first started watching WWE back in 1990. Then there were still a handful of wrestlers that didn't have music, Warlord, Barbarian, Haku, Skinner to name a few. In a strange kinda way I liked it. Like when Davey Boy faced off against Warlord. Warlord would make his way to the ring to a chorus of boo's and nothing else, then Daveys music hit and he marched to the ring with it blaring and the crowd going wild. Don't know why but I liked it, it just worked, and I think it works now with R-Truth.

I think it's great. It certainly separates him from the WWE Universe, which is what he said he was going to do, so storyline wise, it makes perfect sense.

If u remember he said no more singing & dancinf for the Lil Jimmy's and the Truth Sets You Free Theme song even though its only a few words in it it fits his gimmick perfectly.
The thing that i like is that they actually done something creative with an entrance for the first time since....can't even remember but im enjoying it and his one of the things that makes me tune into RAW every week so he should keep the theme song and change nothing

I think you all missed the point of this thread. It wasn't "does R-Truth need a song" it was "if he were to get a song, what do you think it will be". Its hypothetical.

That being said I have no idea what song he should use. It shouldn't be anything exciting to pump anyone up. Maybe more like Mankind's original music. Maybe with his mutterings of conspiracy's over top of the crazy sounding musical.

2) It's memorable & unique; R-truth already stands out from the modern superstar by being the first in a long time without an entrance theme who isn't a jobber, sure some didn't have themes in the 80s and early 90s but I did say MODERN
Vad Klo. also didnt have a theme during his run as being undefeated just putting it out there but i like it just being simple but like the op said the talking to immaginary people is to much and him going "ima good r- thruth" and making ugly faces makes him annoying

I prefer him to keep this one, but if he had to get a theme song, I'd give him Am I A Psycho by Tech N9ne to play off the whole "talking to himself" thing.

Another supported of the no theme club here, but if he really had to have one, might as well go for something thats hard to dance/sing along with and perhaps slightly political? BYOB by System of a Down would be my pick. Unless the kids learn how to headbang...

Hes fine the way he is. As someone pointed out the point of his character is to stop appealing to the fans and do what works for him. The lack of entrance music represents Truth's transition from the happy go lucky rapper to the maniac he is today.

I wouldn't give him a theme song. The dynamic he's got going now is perfect for him. Any song given to him will feel lackluster. I already tense up when his "song" hits, and I don't have any faith in the WWE Music Group as it is.

as much as i think "the truth shall set you free" is a fitting "theme" for him i do think hes needs music as well but not rap music the way i would do it is we hear "the truth shall set you free" then after that generic rock music plays no words,no dancing,no little jimmys being happy but its better then the nothing we hear after those 6 words imo

Not having a theme song is absolutely perfect for R-Truth. He's weird and different. His entrance of talking to himself with no music on is weird and different. It's that simple. What kind of music could fit him better than that. He's a hip hop guy, but a hip hop theme would be too fun. While you could make the argument that a dark, heavy hip hop theme could be used, I can't help but feel that it would be too contrived.

Nah, he doesn't need one. It sets his image very nicely. But if I could give him one I'd give him a strange one like Funhouse Remix or something like that. Just to set his image as a crazy man

Thought he needed one at first, but his quote and silence is perfect. Allows viewers to focus on his self-talking banter as well as his interactions with the crowd that draws plenty of heat. Plus if he had any music, he might just have the urge to dance.

[YOUTUBE]Tsmqrk7Wgsk[/YOUTUBE]​

A song that would fit him perfectly though, Young Jeezy ft. Plies - "Lose My Mind." Still waiting for a fued between him and Randy Orton to start, it be Damn Epic. Why you think they're testing him on Smackdown?

[YOUTUBE]DsWoQGNlhZ8[/YOUTUBE]​

Id have to say that Randy Ortons theme now could fit Truth's intro as he Hears voice's in his head too. But as far a theme spng for truth with his new persona I would say Korns Y'all Want Single. WHY i can see it relating truth saying yall want me to dance FUCK THAT!!!! (yes i know its pg but the op said its hypotetical so why not go all out)

Or i would have to say Disturbed Meaning of Life with the whole yu wanna get psycho with me since truth tlkin to him self is a tad bit psycho.

But i like his no theme thing it just makes me think like damn maybe he hears music in his head that he's walking out to music still lol:lmao:

I dont think the truth should have a theme. his heel persona fits with no music, knowing that he doesnt want to sing and dance for the crowd anymore. It also almost fits into the conspiracy in a way cause he is the only person right now without a theme song ("the truth shall set you free" doesnt count) :p

The Truth Shall Set You Free

It fits Mr. Truth perfectly no more happy go lucky rap music for the "lil Jimmys" instead its quiet blank being the exact opposite of what they want...

He does not need to change the music. Its Vintage R-Truth

I hate you.

I hate that he still wears pants that say "what's up" on them. I think his non music really fits him right now. Besides, WWE doesn't seem like they really care all that much about truth. So I don't think they'd pay a band or group, or individual to record a song for him. Just let him be crazy. He's good crazy.

R-Truth had a new theme on RAW lol. It's like his old theme but all the rapping is deleted. I think it's a good theme, to be honest. The best bit is the start. "THE TRUTH HAS SET ME FREE!" Haha, I like that bit.

I really enjoyed his new theme, if you listened closely you could tell it was mostly the same beat slowed down a bit with heavy guitar rifts over it. It worked very nicely and fits his new character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back