Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Joins TNA Wrestling, Bellator MMA

Before people come into a thread like this and start posting silly comments about it and Quinton Jackson, you really need to learn your facts and know what you're talking about, please. Otherwise you just look like uninformed fools.

Quinton Jackson has a background in amateur WRESTLING. Before he ever started MMA or got into MMA, he WRESTLED! Not only that, after high school he had thought about getting into PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING. That was before MMA, that was when he was young, so CLEARLY he has a love for professional wrestling, and he has much the same background as a Kurt Angle (just not as decorated for it, ie. Olympics), or Jack Swagger, or anyone else in that regard.

So not only does Jackson have the credentials and background to make this signing a good investment and have a TON of potential, but he's also an accomplished MMA fight and multiple time champion and UFC LEGEND. He also has charisma out the ASS! He has personality, he has the ability to talk, and he has a great look. The guy has every f'cking tool you could possibly want in a professional wrestler. Not only that, he's known on a far greater stage and world wide then little nothing TNA.

There really is NO downside to this signing. There is NO downside in giving Quinton Jackson a shot, and putting all your efforts behind him, coming into TNA. In fact, I'm very, very, very surprised that Quinton Jackson isn't signing with the WWE and they aren't the stage Rampage breaks into. This is a great steal for TNA and WWE dropped some sort of ball not getting into the run for signing Rampage. Obviously TNA got lucky because the signing is connected, and probably has more to do with, Spike and even Bellator.

But still, great news for TNA. This is the perfect fit for anyone who actually knows anything about Rampage, and I think Rampage has unlimited potential on this kind of stage, because he is so F'CKING ENTERTAINING.

Well, the story's starting to get a bit more clear- Quinton Jackson didn't sign with TNA, he signed with Bellator, which has an agreement to share performers for promotional purposes with TNA.

Here's what this signing REALLY means, then- Quinton Jackson isn't done as an MMA fighter. His behind-the-scenes battles with Dana White are well documented, so him showing up in Bellator isn't a huge huge surprise. (Still pretty surprising, though.) As we've seen with Bobby Lashley, training as an MMA fighter while you perform as a professional wrestler just isn't possible. To be good at either, you have to make sacrifices; you aren't going to be able to train 100% for a fight if you have to take a plane every couple of weeks and take a few bumps through tables.

Let alone money you'd owe to sponsors if you got hurt doing that and had to miss a fight. I'm sure the space on Jackson's ass goes for quite a lot of cash.

So here's what you should really expect- Quinton Jackson will make a 'shock' appearance on Impact. He'll probably do the guest referee thing, but won't be a regular performer. They will bring him in to work a program during BFG or Slammiversary season (whatever TNA is promoting as its lead program this year- remember how dismally unhyped BFG was this past time around.) Jackson vs. Angle is an absolute money maker.

Don't expect Quinton Jackson to become a full time professional wrestler. Bellator didn't sign him for that.

BOY was his debut garbage.

1. He can't act.

2. WHY did angle issue a challenge for sometime in the future!? What a waste. Should have waited til Rampage was ready for a match, then built the storyline.

3. WHY was rampage twitching the entire segment like he's gone insane and hated angle!? All angle did was challenge the guy.

4. Someone needs to tell Rampage to talk to the auidence, NOT the interviewer in the middle of the ring.

BOY was his debut garbage.

1. He can't act.

2. WHY did angle issue a challenge for sometime in the future!? What a waste. Should have waited til Rampage was ready for a match, then built the storyline.

3. WHY was rampage twitching the entire segment like he's gone insane and hated angle!? All angle did was challenge the guy.

4. Someone needs to tell Rampage to talk to the auidence, NOT the interviewer in the middle of the ring.

Get over yourself. That was his very first time in a wrestling environment, I think it's going to take a bit longer for him to grow comfortable and accustomed to a wrestling stage. There are ACTUAL wrestlers.. ones who have trained for years and who have far more exposure and experience then him in that same environment, who don't have anywhere near as much mic skill or presence as he did in his FIRST showing.

I think you're expecting a bit much if you expect him to be the next Rock.

And the reason he talked to the interviewer more then the audience is merely because he's used to doing that in MMA, and so it'll take him some time to adjust and adapt, as I stated before, to the wrestling stage.

His first appearance wasn't even close to as bad as you're making it out to be. But, I guess there was bound to be one person (I'm surprised not far more) who jumped on this and trashed his debut with little merit, just because Rampage is an outsider coming into the world of wrestling.

Get over yourself. That was his very first time in a wrestling environment, I think it's going to take a bit longer for him to grow comfortable and accustomed to a wrestling stage. There are ACTUAL wrestlers.. ones who have trained for years and who have far more exposure and experience then him in that same environment, who don't have anywhere near as much mic skill or presence as he did in his FIRST showing.

I think you're expecting a bit much if you expect him to be the next Rock.

And the reason he talked to the interviewer more then the audience is merely because he's used to doing that in MMA, and so it'll take him some time to adjust and adapt, as I stated before, to the wrestling stage.

His first appearance wasn't even close to as bad as you're making it out to be. But, I guess there was bound to be one person (I'm surprised not far more) who jumped on this and trashed his debut with little merit, just because Rampage is an outsider coming into the world of wrestling.

Honestly, I'd prefer it if he kept those MMA instincts when it comes to wrestling. There's something fresh about it. His reactions are much better than other people's and it's clear the guy has a vision.

I guess I'll stand corrected, I see something in this guy. I don't know about wrestling, but he's got something very raw that may be useful.

Still, I hope he balances his MMA style (interview and so on) and what wrestling will give him. Like I said, there is something fresh about it.

his debut wasn't as good as I was expecting, but it was good enough for his 1st time. sometimes you get nervous during your first time and it's over before you even know it.
I think Rampage should have talked longer, or had the entire segment go on for longer than it did. it seemed Angle came out before I would have expected.
this segment got a 0.91 rating (same as the overall show), but I thin TNA would have been hoping for more. it was up against the NBA finals, so that effected it. you never know specifically when a basketball game is going to go to half time, but if they could have waited another I think 5 minutes they would have had the NBA game at halftime, and maybe gotten more switch over viewers during that time.

Very very interesting, though I do wonder what will happen with King Mo, as Rampage clearly eclipses him in star power and legitimacy.

I think now we all know the real reason why Angle beat AJ at Slammiversary. You couldn't have Angle challenge Rampage after he just lost! Angle is the perfect guy to feud with Rampage. We all know Angle is one of the most legit guys in the business.

As for Rampage's debut...he kinda sucked on the mic, very mumbly... but I'm positive he can improve. I guess we will just have to wait and see until he's properly trained up to wrestle. How long will that take though? Will TNA be able to keep the interest for that long? Mo's momentum is nonexistent now. hope the same thing doesn't happen with Rampage.

Rampage will get better. He has always been a good talker in his MMA days but talking to an interviewer or a camera and talking to an arena full of people are two very different things. His charisma and badassness in real life is only going to help him here. An Angle/Jackson feud will bring in the big bucks for TNA and provide a decent match as well. King Mo wasn't a bad idea but a large part of the problem was his name value. Rampage will be remembered far more than you may think. Even if he wrestles (or referees ala Mike Tyson) one match there is no way that TNA doesn't profit. This isn't a King Mo we are talking about but a former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion who started out as an All State wrestler and who had originally planned on going into professional wrestling; he won't disappoint.

We all read Dixie talking about a "big" signing and expected disappointment, "big" name free agents simply aren't just floating around, everyone thought they had all the possible names covered but then boom a true big name surprise, well done Dixie.

TBH, every "big name signing" Dixie announces ALWAYS ends up in dissapointment, and when I saw Jackson on-screen & Mike Tenay said it was TNA's "Big free agent signing" I thought, is this it.

We all know its gonna be a limited date agreement like Lesnar, but im wondering how much TNA is paying Jackson per appearance? Like when they paid Pacman Jones $25,000 per appearance for doing fuck all.

As someone who dont know anything about MMA, im wondering how this so-called "big signing" is gonna play out.

Rampage Jackson definitely needs to feud with Kurt Angle but also a few other feuds Rampage could have in TNA should he stick around are such feuds like one with Sting, Hogan himself, Samoa Joe, or even the President of Aces & Eights himself Bully Ray or feuding with A.J. Styles even

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back