Question/Shameless Ad For Threads I Am Making In the Cigar Lounge Tomorrow

Razor

crafts entire Worlds out of Words
Tomorrow I'm going on a tear through the Cigar Lounge, seeing as though I think I owe at least FTS a response and most likely Tastycles by tomorrow.

I'm also going to make another Batman and Philosophy thread, most likely focusing on Batman and if he undermines the authority of the government. It's going to focus on Thomas Hobbes' Leviathan, I believe. Maybe Mill. Most likely not.

I'm looking to make another thread, to make up for my tardiness in responding to what I'm sure is a more than adequate response from FTS. It's going to be on banned books, or those that have been found offensive enough at one time to be banned from libraries and what not. As a fight against censorship a lot of book stores and libraries are taking this (week?) to highlight these books. They include To Kill a Mockingbird, Lord of the Flies, Huckleberry Finn, and Nineteen Eighty-Four, amongst others.

My question, which has taken a while to get around to ask, is if such a thread is legal in the Cigar Lounge. I sure hope it is, considering I can't exactly put it in the Movie Section. :lmao: I know we have a "Book Review Thread," tis why this question has even come up in my mind.

Yeah, the topic isn't necessarily a discussion of books, but seems as if it will be more of an indictment on cnesorship, so give it it's own thread.

Whatchya got in mind Trinity?

I am not sure if it will work, but I will see Alex.

But after class, still have a shit ton of reading to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back