Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round Three...

JhIyEEv.png

Stage: Palace of Westminster Clock Tower

Dante and Alduin stand on the opposite sides of the spectrum. On one hand you have Dante, Son of Sparda, a half-human half-demon that has dedicated himself to protecting humans from the supernatural. On the other hand, you have Alduin, the World Eater, a dragon that literally consumes the souls of all humans before they can find peace in the afterlife. How fitting it is then that the two do battle in a tower overlooking one of the greatest cities on Earth? For whom will the bell toll in this epic match?

FIGHT!

I gotta go with Alduin.

These guys are pretty evenly matched if you think about it. Alduin is a Dragon with the power of The Voice and all the abilities that brings him while Dante has his Twin pistols that never have to be reloaded. If a guy with a long bow and a shit ton of arrows can kill a dragon Dante has a fair chance.

And that's where it ends for Dante. Once Alduin realizes Dante can potentially take him down he would just bring the tower down on top of the son of Sparda and crush him.

Dante has crazy durability due to being half demon but tons of stone and mortar would be to much for him.

I don't think anyone truly understands the sheer power Dante possesses. He is almost invincible and I don't think bringing the tower down on him could stop him. Yes because of his durability, but for two other reasons as well.

[YOUTUBE]GTKpDRP-KUw[/YOUTUBE]

He can use Quicksilver to stop time and escape

[YOUTUBE]oUchdRT9QCw[/YOUTUBE]

Using the Trickster style he can teleport.

Dante has fought and destroyed creatures both larger and more powerful than Alduin. Hell, Dante has literally killed the emperor of hell. I'm not saying that Alduin couldn't beat Dante, he could, but I'd say 7-8 times out of 10 Dante would win.

Guns are not his only weapon. His sword is powerful as hell. Plus he can transform into his demon form & that is no joke.

It wont be easy to take out one of the more powerful dragons in fantasy, but Dante has a shot.

How much room is inside this tower? You'd think a giant dragon like Alduin would be smushed inside with zero room to move around.
He wouldn't be in the tower with no room to move he would be flying around outside it while landing occasionally.

as for his demon form It goes away after a bit and Alduin would eventually realize that while Dante is in his demon form he should be in the air and away from him until it times out. He's shown that he's not against flying away from his opponent if he needs to.

as for his sword I have a question. Does it have any special properties like his pistols or is it just a regular sword? If it has special properties then I can see it causing some trouble but if it's just a regular sword I don't see it posing to much of a problem to a massive dragon that has dealt with swords being swung at him his entire existence.

I'm not sure about Rebellion, but Yamato has special properties. Yamato can cut dimensions and it can send slices of energy out to cut things as large as a building in half.

I think Dante has way too many abilities and weapons to lose here.

I'm not sure about Rebellion, but Yamato has special properties. Yamato can cut dimensions and it can send slices of energy out to cut things as large as a building in half.
that could cause problems for him but not to much for Alduin to overcome. The thing is it took a shout to bring down Alduin. Without the shout everyone who tried to take him down failed and failed bad. Without this shout Dante is in big trouble.
I think Dante has way too many abilities and weapons to lose here.
This is a completely random fight in the sense they just come across each other with no prep time. (this is what I meant last time when I asked if all those things are standard). In a completely random fight and without the time to go gather things he wouldn't have all the things that make him unstoppable. He would be the most difficult test for Alduin but not something he can't overcome, especially with Dante not having that shout needed to take Alduin down

Dante carries Rebellion, Yamato, and Ebony and Ivory everywhere he goes. I'll give you that he wouldn't have all of his weapons with him. Like the Pandora's Box (briefcase of 666 different weapons). He would, however, have all of his abilities and powers and trust me, I've only scratched the surface as far as those go.

Also, I've beaten Alduin with nothing but arrows. No magic, melee weapons, or other party members. If I had Dante in Skyrim instead of my character, Alduin would've been easy. I admit that Alduin could beat Dante, but I think Dante would beat Alduin more times out of ten then Alduin would beat him.

Dante carries Rebellion, Yamato, and Ebony and Ivory everywhere he goes. I'll give you that he wouldn't have all of his weapons with him. Like the Pandora's Box (briefcase of 666 different weapons). He would, however, have all of his abilities and powers and trust me, I've only scratched the surface as far as those go.
Fair enough, no doubt those would give Alduin a difficult time. Probably the hardest time he's ever faced.
Also, I've beaten Alduin with nothing but arrows. No magic, melee weapons, or other party members. If I had Dante in Skyrim instead of my character, Alduin would've been easy.
Bullshit you did. it's not possible to beat him without the shout you get from going back in time. not to mention the fact when you do beat him there are 3 NPCs with you in Savengarde that help you attack him. you can not get to the last battle without either the shout (magic) or the 3 NPCs (party members)

If Dante was in Skyrim he would have been given the shout to take down Alduin which is the only thing able to allow the player to take Alduin down for good. Without it he would just go to Savengarde and replenish his life. Yes Dante would be able to follow him and cause more trouble sure but it all comes down to the fact without that shout Dante can't win.

I don't like to use the phrase can't in this tournament but I don't see how it's possible without that shout.

Fair enough, no doubt those would give Alduin a difficult time. Probably the hardest time he's ever faced.
Bullshit you did. it's not possible to beat him without the shout you get from going back in time. not to mention the fact when you do beat him there are 3 NPCs with you in Savengarde that help you attack him. you can not get to the last battle without either the shout (magic) or the 3 NPCs (party members)

If Dante was in Skyrim he would have been given the shout to take down Alduin which is the only thing able to allow the player to take Alduin down for good. Without it he would just go to Savengarde and replenish his life. Yes Dante would be able to follow him and cause more trouble sure but it all comes down to the fact without that shout Dante can't win.

I don't like to use the phrase can't in this tournament but I don't see how it's possible without that shout.

I am telling you that it is possible to beat him with nothing but arrows. The shout just keeps him grounded. He can be attacked in air and Dante would be a lot stronger than the characters on Skyrim. If the shout is absolutely needed to beat Alduin, award him the championship now.

I am telling you that it is possible to beat him with nothing but arrows.
and I am telling you it's not. Difference is I'm right and prepared to back it up below while you have no grounds for your claim besides Because I said so.
The shout just keeps him grounded.
you're right in the fact while it does make him land before you get him to 50% life like usual but it does so much more. It makes dragons experience the concept of mortality which is something the near immortal dragons don't ever have to deal with. It is also the only way to make Alduin vulnerable to the Dragonborn's attacks so while you can attack him while he's in the air it does absolutely no good unless you hit him with Dragonrend first. so unless you hit a major glitch in the game just pelting him with arrows without Dragonrend is not possible. Then there's the fact that when Dragon's take enough Damage they simply fly away and don't come back. It's happened to me a ton of times and Alduin does it on The Throat of the World. It's why you have to go to Sovengarde in the first place. so even if Dante can do damage to him in the air Alduin would simply fly away and consume souls in Sovengarde to heal
He can be attacked in air
well no shit, I never said he couoldn't be. my argument is and has been without the shout it does no good
and Dante would be a lot stronger than the characters on Skyrim.
wow a half demon is more powerful than a human I never would have guessed
If the shout is absolutely needed to beat Alduin, award him the championship now.
it is but a strong argument could be made for a few of the other people in the tournament without it and may even make me vote against him in the Semi final or final match if the argument is good enough. Dante is not one of them however. Arguments can be made for Alucard & Wolverine and to a smaller extent Hercules. One of these 3 I see giving Alduin the most trouble but that's after he goes through Dante.

don't believe me here's where I got all my information outside of the game.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragonrend

Dante has defeated Gods, angels, giants, and the f'n emporer of hell. He can beat Alduin, I'm sure of it. He's beaten far more powerful opponents than Alduin. He's beaten reality warping opponents, time stopping opponents, demons that control fire, light, plants, ice, etc. Did I mention the emporer of hell? A flying dragon, an admittedly powerful one, I'm sorry to say would fall to Dante. He's even beaten his brother, his virtual equal, but he couldn't kill him because he didn't know how. An actual legit argument could be made that Dante is invincible to all but time.

[YOUTUBE]Hxq57cITHcw[/YOUTUBE]

I know I've posted this before, but I feel it's been overlooked.

Dante has defeated Gods, angels, giants, and the f'n emporer of hell. He can beat Alduin, I'm sure of it. He's beaten far more powerful opponents than Alduin.
all I read here was you have absolutely nothing to dispute anything I said because all did was spout off 1 sentence that you've already said. you have yet to say how he's going to beat Alduin without just spouting off the weapons he has.

I've played DMC, I know what Dante is capable of and I think this would be one hell of a battle but Alduin would be to much for Dante to handle because no matter what you may think he has never faced something quite like Alduin.

so unless you can come back with some facts I've got nothing new to add to this debate.

EDIT: much better with the edit sadly the video doesn't work for me.

my big question for you is how will Dante deal with not having the only thing known to make Alduin vulnerable to attacks?

You're right, I have no proof of Alduin being defeated by only arrows, because I didn't record it when I did, but I swear I did. So there's no use arguing that anymore so don't be a douche about it. I can, however, prove that Dante has beaten more powerful opponents than Alduin is.

And to your point, how is Alduin going to beat Dante? I've already proven why your first scenario wouldn't work. Give me another. And what has Alduin faced that is like Dante, because Dante has faced plenty of monsters that can fly and fire projectiles and such.

Unless Alduin is absolutely invincible, Dante can either shoot him with his guns, teleport up to him to cut him, use Yamato to slice him from the ground, or transform into his Devil Trigger and really cut loose.

You're right, I have no proof of Alduin being defeated by only arrows, because I didn't record it when I did, but I swear I did. So there's no use arguing that anymore so don't be a douche about it. I can, however, prove that Dante has beaten more powerful opponents than Alduin is.
I will say that this part will be rather subjective. you will say they're more powerful than Alduin and I'll say that Alduin is the most powerful Dragon in the Elder Scrolls universe and they aren't. being from 2 different games makes it rather difficult to say with any certainty who is stronger
And to your point, how is Alduin going to beat Dante? I've already proven why your first scenario wouldn't work. Give me another. And what has Alduin faced that is like Dante, because Dante has faced plenty of monsters that can fly and fire projectiles and such.
but none of them need a certain move in order to make them vulnerable to attack, Alduin does. he would just wait it out because unlike Alduin Dante can be taken out without anything special, it would just take a while
Unless Alduin is absolutely invincible, Dante can either shoot him with his guns, teleport up to him to cut him, use Yamato to slice him from the ground, or transform into his Devil Trigger and really cut loose.
that's the thing, without Dragonrend that's exactly what Alduin is, Invincible. If armies can not take him down without it then neither can Dante. The only reason he didn't devour the world the first time is because he was sent forward in time AFTER they used Dragonrend.

I don't know what else I can say.

This Alduin being invinsible with the exception of one very specific shout thing has to go. We should focus on why nothing else hurts him. He's a god. He's otherworldly. The residence of Skyrim have nothing for that, save the most ancient and complex magic, and a shout of Dragon design.

Anyone with weapons meant to kill otherworldy Gods or demons probably has a shot.

Dante's more serious weapons would work on Alduin because what makes Alduin special is more commonplace in Dante's world. Nothing in Skyrim can harm Alduin because their magic is basic and their weapons aren't designed to fight otherworldly beings.
This wouldn't be the first god Dante has fought.

That being said, Alduin has the perfect answer to Dante's healing factor- eating him. Once he's consumed, there isn't anything stopping the dragon from feeding on his soul.

I've got to go with Dante here though. Alduin would be a boss fight for him.

I don't even like Dante. I've never played any of his games. But I've been researching both of them. And it's just unfair to assume Alduin is invincible just because he's invincible.

I never thought of it that way before, but as per usual, you make a great point. Except one thing, though, Alduin eating Dante wouldn't necessarily kill him because Dante has been devoured twice within the series and survived.

[YOUTUBE]evCY4MLxqUk[/YOUTUBE]

I suggest watching the whole thing because it shows Dante's strength, speed, power, agility, and exactly how little regard he has for his own well being. If you just want to see the part where Dante gets eaten, though, go to 2:13. As I said earlier, a legit argument could be made that Dante is invincible himself, but I won't. Unless we're talking Alduin ripping Dante to pieces and eating, I think Dante would survive.

I'm 99% sure that Alduin isn't invulnerable without the Dragonrend shout, he's just much more vulnerable when hit with that shout.

I voted Dante and I don't regret it. I've only ever played the first mission of one DMC game (I wanna say three?) and button mashed my way to victory with him in MVC3, but he definitely has what it takes to beat Alduin. Bullets will definitely chip away at Alduin much faster than arrows would, and can't Dante teleport, or even hover/fly/jump super high for short periods of time? He could definitely start using that big magic sword of his on Alduin, and I don't think Alduin would have much of an answer.

As for the other side of the coin, I don't think Alduin can do enough to kill Dante. He's too slow compared to Dante to put him in a position where he takes high amounts of damage over a long period of time. Assuming Alduin can burst out of the tower, Dante is going to be able to take cover inside (what's left of) the clock tower, and assuming Alduin doesn't land, I don't think fire or ice breath will be enough to take out Dante.

Yes Dante can teleport. He has (in every game) the double or triple jump. That's where he jumps in the air, can summon an energy platform and jump again and then again. In one of the games, I can't remember which, he could temporarily fly while in demon form. I've covered Quicksilver ability. He can also summon a shadow doppelganger of himself to help him fight. The sword that is used the video I posted above was Rebellion. He also has Camaro, which in another video I posted, shows him cutting a large stone platform in half with a slice of energy that Yamato can send out. Dante is damn near invincible, also, while he's in demon form, any damage done to him regenerates almost immediately. In the game, say your health bar is low; all you have to do is transform and the health bar starts recovering and quickly.

Dante is OP as hell and he would beat Alduin.

I mentioned it before and I'll mention it again. Devil's advocate here- because I voted for Dante.

Alduin feeds on the souls of warriors. If he can eat Dante, Dante's healing factor, and shredding his way out of the stomach may not be enough to save him from having his soul feasted on. It's not just stomach acid and teeth Dante has to worry about in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back