QF (14) Super Mario Bros v (6) Super Mario 64

>?

• SMB

• SMB64

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Super_Mario_Bros_box.jpg

v

Super_Mario_64_box_cover.jpg

I know SM64 took the Mario series to another world and made it 3D with all these nice new things to do, but come on for me nothing beats SMB, without, there would be no SM64.

Mario64 was truly a great game, and one I loved dearly, but come on... nothing beats the original.

I spent countless and countless hours as a kid repeatedly playing the very first Super Mario Bros. It was such a fun game. And not just for a kid like myself, but obviously also for teenagers and even adults at the time. It was challenging, but easy enough for ANYONE to learn how to defeat it.

Mario64, I also spent a lot of time playing, but it wasn't a game that after you beat it, you kept playing. Super Mario Bros., on the other hand, no matter how many times you beat it, you still would pop it in the next day and play it again, and get the full amount of joy playing it as you did the day before. That is why, ultimately, I have to give the edge here to the very first Super Mario Bros. :)

I was never interested in getting past the first two levels of SMB. It didn't really catch my attention. It flat out wasn't much fun for me. SM64 on the other hand was a load of fun and brought so much to the gaming world. Considering that it was among the first 3d platformers(first?) it was done extremely well. It may not be as good as OoT, but SM64 beats SMB in my book.

This should be a no-contest really.

I never felt the urge to go and play Super Mario 64. Well, at least not to the same extent that I felt for the original Super Mario Brothers game. It was truly a work of sheer brilliance and I enjoyed it immensely. I really thought that this match would be an blow-out but Super Mario 64 is really holding it's own against it's predecessor. If I was going to play one game right now, I would have to go and play Super Mario Brothers. In my opinion, Super Mario 64 doesn't hold a candle to it and the hours that I have spent playing Super Mario Brothers. A great game that truly does deserve to go over here in my opinion.

Loved these two great games. When I got my Wii, these were the first I downloaded instantly. Now to this day, I have managed to complete Mario 64 twice (first time took about 6 years (long story), second time took a week) whilst I still have never ever completed the original game. Best I got is up to Bowser on the final level. That's why I chose to back the original, because it still challenges me to this day and i don't get frustrated with it. It's a game I can pick up at any time and have so much fun and enjoyable.

Yes no doubt Mario 64 is a great for the N64, but it loses its appeal over time, especially after Galaxy came out which took all the best qualities of SM64 and made it even better! Super Mario Bros is a classic, now it's not number 3 or World, but this was the one that caused all them and saved Mario's iconic status forever. As it still challenges me and I enjoy it. I have to back the original.

Vote Super Mario Bros.

You have to take things at face value here, and not sentimentality. Both Super Mario and Mario 64 were the first mainstream games within the scrolling and 3d platformers respectively and both were absolute trend setters in those genres, with pretty much everything that followed being heavily derivative of them. I played both of them, at slightly different points of my life, for a long time and enjoyed them immensely, but I think that given the choice of which to play right now would be Mario 64, so I went with that.

Level one, level two....warp. World 4-1, world 4-2....warp. World 8-1, 8-2, 8-3 castle end.

That's the most common practice of SMB1, a damn fine sequel that improved a lot on Mario Bros, changing the direction completly. It has a massive impact on gaming as a whole.

Then there's SM64 that brought us 3D platforming and free roaming camera. A might fine game that was just damned huge for the time! It boils down to what I enjoy the most, and I will vote SM64 just because of it being a really varied game.

Again, perhaps I'm simply voting out of sheer bias, but I don't really care. Super Mario Bros, the original, was a classic, and one of the most revolutionary games of all time.

It simply isn't as good as Super Mario 64 though in my opinion. One of the best platformers ever made, and a game that stole countless hours from my youth. It get's my vote here. Sorry original Nintendo fanboys.

Super Mario 64 is an awesome game, on of my favorites ever. It just brought the whole Mario series to a different level, I spent hours playing it on my N64. It's getting my vote, but I can't fault you if you choose the original SMB. Classic game that started it all. Either way, a great game is going through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back