• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Putting it all together

gasM

Occasional Pre-Show
Every time the WWE does a big show - ie Summerslam, Royal Rumble, or in this case RAW 1000, they set themselves up for a big run of interesting angles and matches. Eg after the Rumble, the Road to Wrestlemania truly takes shape.
Because I'm bored and have no friends, I'm going to book how all the combustible elements formed after RAW 1000 can be tied together to form the next run of storylines for the WWE.

What we're working with:
CM Punk's heel turn
John Cena's return to the title picture
The Rock " " " " "
Brock Lesnar
Daniel Bryan
HHH's audible on title reigns

Obviously Punk-Cena II has officially begun, and they just HAVE to go at it at Summerslam. With Punk's turn apparently caused by him being tired of being "second best" despite the fact that he's the best in the world, it makes sense to have him go over clean here. Surprise result, backs up his claims, and prolongs what has been a committed title run.
Also at Summerslam, I'd have Lesnar go over HHH, but not as a squash. It's boiled down to two man having a fight, and ultimately the badder man prevails.
And I'd have Charlie Sheen go over Bryan...with interference from AJ's boyfriend, the newly-face Miz.
This allows the E to revisit the gold Bryan-Miz feud with the dynamic reversed, and the added element of the vengeful AJ. However, I'd have this feud end with Miz getting a WWE title shot and turning on AJ, in some way ousting her as GM in the process. Bryan defends her honour, turns face, and wins the IC title. What does this accomplish? A great in-ring worker holds the midcard title, giving the up and comers a rub, whilst we also get Bryan as a face and a quick test of Miz as a face. Also, Miz gets back to the title picture and keeps it warm for the Rock to step in at the Rumble. I'd even book Bryan and AJ like Savage and Miss Elizabeth; just a great worker paying his dues and his faithful companion at his side.

Back to Punk - he holds the title clean for a great deal longer. Yes, this may get boring - but if Punk is going to be hated anyway, it doesn't matter. Eventually he calls out Rock for their Rumble encounter, in the process disrespecting past superstars. Not only does this piss off the Rock, but I'd have a confrontation with Stone Cold around about this time - similar to the Tyso-Austin almost-fight. Also in the picture is Cena, still seething over his inability to beat Punk. Punk has tremendous heat at this point.

At the Rumble, it kicks off - Rock finally dethrones Punk w/ run-in from Austin, Lesnar and Undertaker eliminate each other from the Rumble, and Cena ultimately wins it. Wrestlemania is looking good, and we get the feel-good moment of Punk's downfall.

Nearly finished!
The Rock looks to vacate the title and get back to Hollywood, but Cena calls him on it and challenges him to a WM rematch. Rock shows signs of a heel turn by trying to get out of competing at Elimination Chamber, and goes full on heel by cheating to retain at the event. Punk calls out Austin the night after, who eventually accepts.

Mania:
John Cena def. The Rock (c)
CM Punk def. Steve Austin
Undertaker def. Brock Lesnar
Daniel Bryan (c) def. someone really good!

After:
Punk learns respect from Austin and turns face, but is taken out by a midcard heel setting up an encounter at the next PPV. Bryan can drop IC title (which looks really good by now) and go heel again, claiming his long IC run did him no good as far as becoming WWE champion goes, and that now he's taking what he wants, giving us the Cena-Bryan feud we've yet to see.

Thoughts? How would you book the path to Mania?

First off, if CM Punk(c) vs. John Cena does happen at Summerslam again it will be

Punk v Cena III

Because this is the 3rd time they would have gone one on one at a PPV for the WWE title.(MitB 11, SSlam 11)

Punk: I do like your plan for Punk going over at Summerslam & calling out the Rock as a bonafied heel champion but I think Rocky can't win clean here, not with the title reign Punk has had. Also I don't think there is ANYWAY SCSA is in a match at Mania this year. Austin has expressed not wanting to play 2nd fiddle too Rock & he wasn't on RAW and might be having issues with management.

Brock Lesnar: I also agree Lesnar should go over at SSlam. WWE already expressed an interest in Brock/Rock II and this is bigger money than Cena/Rock II.

John Cena: I'm not sure what Cena should do between losing at SS & Mania but I think WWE wants Cena/Taker for the main event next year at Mania. With end of an era, Cena makes sense to challenge Taker and both have done pretty much everything else.

Daniel Bryan: He wont face sheen. Honestly I could see him and Punk at Mania next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back