PS3 Yellow Light of Death

Why is that always your answer when someone mentions a PS3?

And why is your answer always wrong?

FUCK YOU

176100-snes_sys_large.jpg

The YYLOD always happens when something like that happens. I had my first ps3 for three months, got sick of having two consoles, sold my 360 a week later I got the yylod.

>.<

Xbox fails more than the PS3. However, when the PS3 fails, it fucking breaks like a motherfucker. My Xbox has lasted me since 2006. No hardware issues, no real bugs. Only issue I have no is the disc trey needs a little knock in order to open. But other than that, no issues.

What PS3 did you have? One of the fat models? or a slim? Also, did you recently install the 4.10 update on your system?

Yesterday morning, I was on my PS3 to download some demos and the first two episodes of The Tester & everything was fine. We left for the day and when we returned, my the red light on the front of the PS3 was blinking. When I tried to turn it on, the light went green for a few seconds, and then to yellow before going back to blinking red. Needless to day, my PlayStation also bit the dust.

I was looking online for any possible fix, I too had a game in the machine that wouldn't come out. I found a lot of recent complains from people saying that their system was working fine until they installed the 4.10 update. Once they installed it to their system, it was only a matter of time until it shit the bed.

Merkley, I had a fat model, and yeah, you're absolutely right, it was after I installed the 4.10 update.

Same exact thing with the lights. Unbelievable.

I contacted Sony and they said there was nothing that they could do, but he did say that it was the update that affected the system.

His exact words were "We would never release an update that purposely hurts your system, but sometimes an update will find something that is wrong and it will deal with it. It's like going to the doctor because you don't feel well, and the doctor finding something else wrong and prescribing something for that."

It's going to cost me $202 to send it to have it serviced because of where I live in Ontario. So pretty much I'm looking for a killer bundle deal to purchase my next PS3. I took the system apart today to get my game back, although it wasn't nearly as impressive as your final product.

What are you doing?

My PS3 has been freezing every now and then since December. Is this a sign of worse things to come? It's a fat model and I got it back in late '08.

Have you downloaded update 4.10 yet?

My PS3 froze in the past, but it was still along time after before it died. I'm pretty convinced that it was the update that pushed the system off of the ledge.

I contacted Sony and they said there was nothing that they could do, but he did say that it was the update that affected the system.

His exact words were "We would never release an update that purposely hurts your system, but sometimes an update will find something that is wrong and it will deal with it. It's like going to the doctor because you don't feel well, and the doctor finding something else wrong and prescribing something for that."

It's going to cost me $202 to send it to have it serviced because of where I live in Ontario. So pretty much I'm looking for a killer bundle deal to purchase my next PS3. I took the system apart today to get my game back, although it wasn't nearly as impressive as your final product.

What are you doing?

Yeah, I figured it would be around $200 for the repair, plus weeks without it, and I really wanted to play the UFC game. Plus, much like yours, it seemed my PS3 was on the brink anyway. Sometimes it would randomly shut down on Netflix... and basically I was afraid that if I sent it out for repair, something else would go wrong. So, I just cut my losses and bought a new PS3.

My PS3 has been freezing every now and then since December. Is this a sign of worse things to come? It's a fat model and I got it back in late '08.

This is kind of a dick move to do to someone, but sell it on Craigslist now and at least you can put yourself on your way to buy a new system without shelling a full $275 like I did.

Yeah, I figured it would be around $200 for the repair, plus weeks without it, and I really wanted to play the UFC game. Plus, much like yours, it seemed my PS3 was on the brink anyway. Sometimes it would randomly shut down on Netflix... and basically I was afraid that if I sent it out for repair, something else would go wrong. So, I just cut my losses and bought a new PS3.

I'll add you to my friends list when I get my replacement.

Or feel free to add me: merkley86

This is kind of a dick move to do to someone, but sell it on Craigslist now and at least you can put yourself on your way to buy a new system without shelling a full $275 like I did.

Or trade it in & put the money that you get from that towards a new one, but you'd get more cash from craigslist.

It's not the most ethical thing to do so it's up to you, Luna. It's either screwing a corporation or a complete stranger.

Posting on my phone, so I can't quote, but in regard to Sam's post, my warranty is well-expired.

To the fucking RKO douchebag who decided to get on his high horse for God knows what reason, and who I shouldn't even be defending myself against in the first place, because all you need to know about your level of intelligence is your fucking shit username, I tried what Charlie recommended, it didn't work. Because yeah, rather than try what was offered for advice, I decided to smash away, you fucking dope. Guess what, I don't have the time or patience to rip a system open and try to mechanically fix it. The goal was to get the game out so I wouldn't have to buy a new game on top of the system.

Now get the fucking Dick out of your ass, do everyone, including your parents who probably rue the day you were born a favor, and shove a lit M-80 in your asshole.

Thanks for your input.

Lol. What a bitch.

I have a slim model I got a few months ago and it freezes every now and then. Very annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back