PS3 Yellow Light of Death

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
So, I got UFC Undisputed tonight and now my fucking PS3 got the YLOD. Making matters worse, my goddamn game is stuck in the PS3.

What is my recourse here? Is there any way to fix the system?

If not, how do I at least get my goddamn game out so I won't have to buy a new system and a new game? Fucking blows, I don't even play video games in the first place really. Warranty is well past its period too.

At least four years old.

I understand that the system may be a goner, but how do I at least get the game out? My brother, when he picked up the game while I was at work today at Gamestop decided to get the $3 insurance for the game in case anything happened to the disc. I gave him shit for it but now, it's a stroke of genius. Would Gamestop replace the disc with weird circumstances such as this?

http://bigdiver.wordpress.com/2009/01/26/playstation-3-yellow-led-of-death-ylod/

If this happens to you, and like me you have a Game disk inside the PS3, you’ll also find out that the eject button will not work, and you will not be able to remove your disk.
Some people reported that Sony did not send their games back with the new console, so I was worried about loosing an additional $50.

I found a way to eject the disk:

Power off the PS3 on the main switch on the back of the console
Press and hold the Eject button
Turn on the main power switch
The PS3 LED will go green and the fan will spin at max speed
Wait a few seconds and press the eject button a couple of times, the disk should now eject
watch the PS3 die after 30s or so…

Worked for these guys? Both are dated 2009 so it might be your model

Take a blowdryer, hold it to the back of the PS3 for 15 minutes. It'll get VERY hot. Then, put it up to a fan or fan it yourself. 5 minutes should do the trick -- really, just let it cool down a bit, but not too much. Then, turn it on like you normally would. This only lasts a bit, though. I've done it before.

Sounds stupid, I know. Trust me on it, though.

So, we got the game out.

419656_10150678487424903_671769902_11167685_1172393131_n.jpg

With all the help from other posters you go and destroy the system to take the game out. What was even the point in making the thread asking for help if you were just going to do what you did? Makes no sense. Everything that the others posted would of helped you out. But hey, at least the game is out right.

Posting on my phone, so I can't quote, but in regard to Sam's post, my warranty is well-expired.

To the fucking RKO douchebag who decided to get on his high horse for God knows what reason, and who I shouldn't even be defending myself against in the first place, because all you need to know about your level of intelligence is your fucking shit username, I tried what Charlie recommended, it didn't work. Because yeah, rather than try what was offered for advice, I decided to smash away, you fucking dope. Guess what, I don't have the time or patience to rip a system open and try to mechanically fix it. The goal was to get the game out so I wouldn't have to buy a new game on top of the system.

Now get the fucking Dick out of your ass, do everyone, including your parents who probably rue the day you were born a favor, and shove a lit M-80 in your asshole.

Thanks for your input.

Wow. Feel better? You can talk a lot of shit over the internet. Good for you. I also was kidding in my post. Take a chill pill.

You were not kidding, lol.

I'm still debating on whether or not I want to buy Undisputed 3 now for $60, or later for half that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back