Pro Wrestling USA

Matty~!

Funk U~!
1157413_10151867074721001_1483317525_n.jpg

~Premise~

The promotion is set up in the summer of 1992 with the goal of obtaining the best talent from all over the wrestling world and promoting to a global audience.

~Owner~

Giant Baba

~Announcers~

PW USA Television - Joey Styles & Jesse 'The Body' Ventura
PW USA Pay Per Views - Jim Ross & Jesse 'The Body' Ventura

~Titles~

Global Heavyweight Title - Currently Vacant
Global Tag Team Titles - Currently Vacant
Global Junior Heavyweight Title - Currently Vacant
Global Television Title - Currently Vacant

~Roster~

'Double A' Arn Anderson
Barry Windham
Big Van Vader
'Beautiful' Bobby Eaton
Brad Armstrong
Bret 'Hitman' Hart
Flyin' Brian Pillman
'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith
Cactus Jack
Dennis Condrey
Dynamite Kid
'The Natural' Dustin Rhodes
Harley Race (Manager)
Jake Roberts
James E. Cornette (Manager)
Jushin 'Thunder' Liger
Marty Jannetty
Mr Perfect
Owen Hart
Paul E. Dangerously (Manager)
Randy Savage
Ric Flair
Rick Rude
Ricky Morton
Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat
Robert Gibson
'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
Shawn Michaels
Steve Austin
Steve Williams
Steven Regal
Terry Funk
Terry Gordy

~Tag Teams~

Bulldog & Owen - British Bulldog & Owen Hart
Dynamic Execution - The Dynamite Kid & Bret Hart
Midnight Express - Bobby Eaton & Dennis Condrey
Miracle Violence Combination - Steve Williams & Terry Gordy
Rhodes and Windham - Dustin Rhodes & Barry Windham
The Hollywood Blondes - Brian Pillman & Steve Austin
The Rockers - Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty
Rock n Roll Express - Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson

~Stables~

Camp Cornette - James E. Cornette, Bobby Eaton, Dennis Condrey & Rick Rude
The Revolution - Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Steven Regal & Mr Perfect
Violent By Design - Harley Race, Big Van Vader, Jushin Liger, Steve Williams & Terry Gordy
The Dangerous Alliance - Paul E. Dangerously, Brian Pillman, British Bulldog, Owen Hart & Steve Austin

~Television~

Saturday - Pro Wrestling TV - USA Network (Late Night)

~Upcoming PPV's~

August 9th 1992 - Heatwave
September 11th 1992 - Fall Brawl
October 18th 1992 - Halloween Hell

Matches For Next Television Taping

The Midnight Express vs The Rockers (Tag Team Tournament 1/4 final)
Steven Regal vs Dustin Rhodes (Television Tournament Semi final)
Rock N Roll Express vs The Hollywood Blondes (Tag Team Tournament 1/4)
Terry Funk vs Mr Perfect (Global Heavyweight Tournament 1/4 final)​

Nice post Matt, looking forward to reading this as it goes on. Personally hoping some of these guys are better used in here than they were in real life ;)

Did you decide on who goes for which title based on reputation in 1992?

OOC: Thanks Klinz I just went with the majority of my favourite workers from the time period there will be additions and such along the way...

Please note all matches are direct copies from how they appear in my EWR, all angles and promos and written by me.

This is the first of 4 shows I wrote in 2005. After those four show, the continuance of the diary is all written this year.
----------------------------------

Mid South Colliseum - Memphis, TN

The shows opens with Joey Styles and Jesse Venutra standing in the ring. The rabid 7,094 fans crammed into the Mid South Colliseum are rocking.

Joey Styles: Welcome to Pro Wrestling USA's debut show. I'm Joey Styles alongside Jesse 'The Body' Ventura and over the next 60 minutes we bring the hottest action in Pro Wrestling today.

Jesse 'The Body' Ventura: You know what Styles, this show is gonna be red hot we've got 2 tag team tournament matches, we've got a television title semi final bout... and in the main event Mr Perfect will kick Terry Funk's ass from pillar to post in this studio.

BOOS reveberate around the studio as Styles take the mic back from Ventura

Joey Styles: Well I dunno Jesse, Terry Funk is middle aged and crazy and...

Styles is cut off as 'Hollywood' starts playing and Brian Pillman makes his way to ringside. Pillman rolls in the ring not taking notice of anything and snatching the mic from Joey Styles.

Brian Pillman: Joey Styles, get your pencil neck geek ass out of this ring.. None of this hicks care about Terry Funk. They've come here to see SUPERSTARS! and the only superstars in this building tonight are Jesse Ventura, Steve Austin and MYSELF...

Pillman goes to kick Styles but he hightails it to the commentators table... Pillman hands the mic to Ventura.

Jesse 'The Body Ventura: Now the only people in the ring are adults, what is on your mind Brian?

Brian Pillman: Ya know Jess, everywhere I go people tell me I'm too small to succeed, not heavy enough to make an impact. Well tonight Austin and I take on the cream of the crop, the best two beer drinkers & coke snorters in the business.. The Rock n Roll Express and you know what it stinks, it stinks that we have to beat the crap out of two 50 year old men to get our hands on the tag team titles. Hold on there is still a putrid smell in the air...

Pillman breathes in

Brian Pillman: Yes it smells of BS to me by the time Fall Brawl comes around at the end of september we will have to be two more teams after the Rock N Roll to get our hands on the straps Mr Baba should of given us. Well ya know what we've got ourselves an insurance policy. An insurance policy named The Dangerous Alliance. British Bulldog and Owen Hart are the second best team in this tournament and they'll get through the final whoever they have to wrestle. Then at Fall Brawl they will lay down for us in the middle of the Mid South Colliseum, and that my friends is a wrap...

Pillman smirks as he leaves the ring and the crowd are booing vehemently.

**55 minutes remaining**​

Midnight Express vs The Rockers.

Standing leg lariat by Bobby Eaton on Jannetty. Stun Gun from Bobby Eaton! I still can't believe that was Austin's finisher at one point. Covers for a quick two count. Tag to Dennis Condrey. Bobby Eaton scoops up Jannetty. Condrey bounces off the ropes and hits a flying Hart Attack clothesline. Hooks the leg for a two count. Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Marty Jannetty by Condrey. Remember when that was a legit finish? Marty Jannetty is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Beautiful spinning arm drag out of the corner by Jannetty. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Marty Jannetty and Shawn Michaels. Flying cross body off the top rope! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Second rope flying axe handle, Condrey goes down. One day, HBK might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Condrey blocks a punch. Condrey drives a thrust kick into the chest of HBK. Tag to Bobby Eaton. Bobby Eaton kicks the leg, knocks HBK down, and goes to work on it. HBK tags out to Marty Jannetty. Fallaway slam by Bobby Eaton puts down Marty Jannetty. James E. Cornette is at ringside! Jannetty wastes valuable time by yelling at Cornette! Bobby Eaton takes advantage of the distraction and nails Jannetty from behind! Marty Jannetty gets knocked to the ground by Eaton, who is already climbing the turnbuckle. Off the top - Alabama Jam, forget about it. 1....2...3! James E. Cornette is still in the ring. He signals for the Tennis Racket Shot! Running down the aisle comes Ricky Morton! He slides in the ring, and chases Cornette out of the ring! Morton chases him through the crowd and out of sight.

Winners: Midnight Express (9 minutes 41 seconds)

Joey Styles: Dammit Jim Cornette has just cost The Rockers a place in the semi finals of the tag team tournament...

Jesse Ventura: That's James. E to you Styles... your too smart for your own good sometimes no wonder Pillman wanted to kick you earlier.

**45 minutes remaining**

**Commercial Break**

We return from the adverts and we're in The Revolution locker room. Arn Anderson and Ric Flair are wearing flashy suits. Mr Perfect and Steven Regal are dressed to wrestle.

Ric Flair: Tonight, August 8th 1992... Mr Perfect will finally retire that thorn in my side for the past 30 years Terry Funk... WHOOOO!

Mr Perfect: Thats right Ric, you're the Nature Boy, you're a 16 times world champion. You shouldn't have to worry about such trivial matters like Terry Funk. Tonight Funk I will end your career maybe not Perfectly for you... but Perfect for the Revolution...

Double A draws his thumb across his throat as the other 3 men laugh...

**43 minutes remaining**​

Joey Styles: Well if Perfect does put Funk out tonight it's one step more than Flair's ever managed in the past 30 years. Up next we have Steven Regal vs Dustin Rhodes... and hopefully a Revolution ass will be kicked by Rhodes tonight.

Jesse Ventura: Hey Styles, we're meant to be impartial..

Joey Styles: Is that what you are Jesse?

Jesse Ventura: Of course I'm a former Navy SEAL do you doubt my integrity, and can I help it when I associate with the powerful people in life? and you associate with skid row?

Steven Regal vs Dustin Rhodes.

Rhodes walks into a high dropkick from Steven Regal, almost losing several teeth in the process. Back suplex on Rhodes. Rhodes tastes a high angle back suplex. If Spike Lee can sue TNN over the Spike TV nonsense, then Kurt Angle should be able to sue SOMEONE for that. Big dropkick by Steven Regal, who got a ton of air on the move. Dustin Rhodes pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Running knee lift from Dustin Rhodes. Regal walks into a side slam. Think about how much talent it takes to side slam someone. Nash can do it. There's a two count on the pin. Dustin Rhodes misses a clothesline. Rhodes walks into a jaw breaker. Covers for a quick two count. Springboard dropkick from Steven Regal. Nicely done. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Rhodes blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Trying to channel the spirit of Misawa, Dustin Rhodes ends up chanelling Lex Luger instead and nails a running forearm to the face, minus the steel plate, of course. Regal reverses a Dustin Rhodes hammerlock. Rhodes gets caught with a short powerbomb from Regal. Steven Regal gets a roll-up...and grabs a handful of tights as well! The referee doesn't see it: 1....2...3!! Steven Regal slides out of the ring to the floor, then turns and leaves through the crowd. He's happy to have the win, and evidently isn't going to hang around for Rhodes to get some payback.​

Winner: Steven Regal (11 minutes 42 seconds)

Joey Styles: Steven Regal just stole this match from Dustin Rhodes!

Jesse Ventura: Look Styles, wrestling is all about leverage, Lord Steven just got himself some extra leverage!

**31 minutes remaining**

**Commercial Break**​

Joey Styles: Well up next we've got our second tag team tournament match.

Jesse Ventura: The greatest tag team in the sport today against two has beens Styles, lets kick our feet out and relax because this will be a walkover for the Blondes.

The Rock'N'Roll Express vs The Hollywood Blondes.

Flying elbow from Brian Pillman connects. Pillman crushes Gibson with a running senton. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Brian Pillman and Steve Austin. The Hollywood Blondes whip Gibson into the ropes and hit a double back elbow. Austin drives a thrust kick into the chest of Gibson. Hooks the leg for a two count. Gibson gets caught with a belly to belly suplex from Austin! Robert Gibson elbows Steve Austin in the face to break a hammerlock. Powerbomb on Austin. Gibson tags out to Ricky Morton. A Gut buster connects on Austin and hits hard. BRAINBUSTAH~! by Ricky Morton! Austin kicks Ricky Morton in the gut to reverse the momentum. Tag between Steve Austin and Brian Pillman. VICIOUS lightning kick by Pillman on Morton. Back heel kick off the second rope and Morton goes flying! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Pillman just WAFFLES Morton with a STIFF chop! Morton ducks a wild right hand. Pillman takes a NICE hurrancarana from Ricky Morton. Brian Pillman is in big trouble...Double Dropkick!! 1....2....3! I don't think the fight has finished. The Rock'N'Roll Express and The Hollywood Blondes have begun brawling again! They wind up brawling all the way down the aisle and out of view.​

Winners: The Rock N Roll Express (14 minutes 02 seconds)

Joey Styles:A big win for the Rock N Roll Express there, the Blondes not backing up their talk!

Jesse Ventura: What a scandal that was Gibson doing in the ring without the tag. The Hollywood Blondes have been cheated and you know it Styles!

**Commercial Break**

**17 minutes remaining**​

Joey Styles: Well up next is our main event. Terry Funk vs Mr Perfect...

Jesse Ventura: Well if you want a Perfect ending to this show Styles you're gonna get it. Mr Perfect is going to end Terry Funk's career right here tonight!

Terry Funk vs Mr. Perfect.​

Double arm suplex by Terry Funk connects as Perfect hits hard. Funker drops an elbow...but Mr. Perfect moves out of the way. Dropkick connects to the butt of the jaw and Funker goes down. Perfect whips Funker into the turnbuckles...and the ref is crushed! Diamond Dust from Mr. Perfect and Funker is out! Cover, but there's no one to count for Mr. Perfect! Funker counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Implant DDT by Terry Funk! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Vicious snap suplex! Mr. Perfect got whipped over hard. Hooks the leg for a two count. Diamond Dust from Terry Funk and Perfect is out! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Funker charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Reverse DDT on Funker. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Funker counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Mr. Perfect can barely stand. Piledriver! 1....2....3.

Winners: Terry Funk (16 minutes 10 seconds)

Ric Flair comes running down the aisle, and gets into the ring! Ric Flair drops Funker to the canvas. Ric Flair quickly locks on the Figure Four Leglock! Terry Funk has been left down on the canvas.

Ric Flair still has the figure four locked in on Terry Funk, Mr Perfect grabs a chair from ringside and climbs to the top rope. Perfect throws the chair to Flair who release the hold and places it over the left ankle of Funk. Perfect jumps off the top rope in a double stomp.... The air is filled with a scream from the mouth of Terry Funk.

Joey Styles: This is horrible, somebody get out here and help Terry Funk. He's a living legend and he has just had his ankle shattered by Ric Flair and Mr Perfect!

Jesse Ventura: What did I tell you Styles... Funk's career is over and Ric Flair will get a straight run to the Global Heavyweight Title!

Joey Styles: This is just disgusting, we're out of time folks. Tomorrow night though Pro Wrestling USA debuts on PPV with more action from all the title tournaments to crown new champions... Until then from Jesse Ventura... I'm Joey Styles... We'll see you next week...

**Screen fades to black**​

~Pro Wrestling USA Press Release~

Tournament Brackets

Global Heavyweight​

(Title to be decided in a singles match at Fall Brawl)

**Winners In Red**

Terry Funk vs Mr Perfect

Cactus Jack vs Jake Roberts

Ric Flair vs Roddy Piper

Randy Savage vs Big Van Vader​

Global Tag Team​

(Title to be decided in a tag team match at Fall Brawl)

**Winners In Red**

Rock N Roll Express vs The Hollywood Blondes

Bulldog & Owen vs Windham & Rhodes

Miracle Violence Comb. vs Dynamic Execution

The Midnight Express vs The Rockers​

Global Television​

(Title to be decided in a 3 way dance at Fall Brawl)

**Winners In Red**

Steven Regal vs Dustin Rhodes

Ricky Steamboat vs Rick Rude

Arn Anderson vs ?????????????​

Global Junior Heavyweight

(Title to be decided in a singles match at Fall Brawl)

**Winners In Red**

Jushin Liger vs Marty Jannetty

Brad Armstrong vs Shawn Michaels

Owen Hart vs The Dynamite Kid

Brian Pillman vs Ricky Morton

------------------------------------

~Talent Relations~

PW USA are currently in talks with several independent talents. Jerry Lawler, Tully Blancard and The Great Muta have all been contacted an will be given dark match tryouts at the next TV taping.

Heatwave 1992
'Ravishing' Rick Rude vs. Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat
Marty Jannetty vs. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger
'Macho Man' Randy Savage vs. Big Van Vader
Barry Windham & 'The Natural' Dustin Rhodes vs. The British Bulldog & Owen Hart
Ric Flair vs. 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members