• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Prince Pretty Has Arrived

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
This doesn't technically constitute a spoiler as WWE has already made the announcement on WWE.com. NXT star Tyler Breeze made his debut on the main roster at last night's SmackDown tapings. WWE.com doesn't reveal exactly what happened and, since it hasn't, reading the results online of last night's tapings and posting what happened with Breeze would count as a spoiler, so DO NOT post them.

I don't read the spoilers for the SmackDown or NXT tapings, it helps keep things fresh for me, so I don't know what Breeze did, though it's unusual for an NXT star's main roster debut not to happen on Raw. I hope that isn't a bad omen for Breeze.

I don't watch NXT, but after seeing pictures of the kind of outfits Breeze wears, and hearing what people say his character is like in NXT, I can understand why people are concerned he'd end up like a Fandango or the like. Those type of characters are all too frequent and often very limited in their development.

All that said, until I actually see anything from him, my above statements don't effect what opinion of him I'll eventually form. Anyone, given the opportunity, will shine if they're really good enough. Also, it's not like characters like that haven't made it work in the past.

I will say since he's debuted before HIAC, you can probably rule him out of the open contender to Cena that night.

He's going to be booked like Neville. His character is terrible, he executes it very well but it's not very intriguing.. People have wanted to see him on the main roster for a long time because he's one of the guys on NXT who deserves to be there. I remember when he was in FCW as Mike Dalton, he's been there forever and finally made it to RAW and Smackdown.. Hopefully he get's a mid-card push for a while and doesn't become completely irrelevant.

Prince Pretty if he is going to get a push then the only way that could have happened would have been if they had him be the one to answer Cena's open challenge at HIAC but since that obviously can't happen now since he has already debuted then I wonder how they are going to push him now?

Or hell even another way for Breeze to debut would have been next year in the Royal Rumble Match by having him in the Royal Rumble as a surprise entrant

Oh wow, they must have big plans for him considering they're debuting him on Smackdown... give me a break, that right there shows you what they think of Tyler Breeze. Not much.

I'd remain optimistic for Breeze until he finally gets future endevored. I mean, we are yet to see what he has to offer. And people have grown pessimist so early.

Who thought The New Day would work? But, they did. They did need a gimmick tweak but, they got over. Similar might be the case with Breeze. I know, his timing is not right. But, I see them doing something big with him.

As I said elsewhere, he seems to scream permanent midcard act. What he needs to do is try to be a relevant midcarder a la Dolph Ziggler and try to matter as long as possible so he can find a place for himself on TV.

They probably debuted him on Smackdown so they could pipe in a crowd reaction for him.

I think he blows, he's little and his moveset doesn't make up for it. He's a good looking guy w/ an over-the-top persona that is going to make for your standard mid-card heel that people want to see get beat, and who can make the other guy look good.

Keep your expectations low. And don't blame his gimmick for what "holds him back", it's what got him called up in the first place.

He's going to be booked like Neville. His character is terrible, he executes it very well but it's not very intriguing.

Wait, why is his character terrible? It's virtually identical to Shawn Michaels when he started out, or numerous other heel pretty boys. It's a classic gimmick dating back to at least the 50s with Gorgeous George that has always worked and will always work. That's not what he needs to worry about. What he needs to worry about is the fact that the WWE is ridiculously logjammed in it's midcard and anyone who enters it basically has zero hope of ever accomplishing anything. Sounds a bit rough, but it's true. Oh you may get a nice moment in the sun here and there, shit you might even win the title at some point, but you'll eventually be back to square one meaning absolutely nothing wrestling nothing matches in nothing feuds where no one gets over, like Ziggler or Swagger or Barrett or any number of guys. Until the WWE decides they actually want to commit to pushing someone, them's the breaks unfortunately.

I'm not seeing any hard evidence from Breeze's detractors other than statements of opinion as fact. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean he can't succeed. One person says he screams career midcarder, you say that like it's a bad thing.

As with all wrestlers it comes down to in-ring skill, talking, look, and charisma. Breeze has the wrestling ability, go back and watch Takeover Fatal Four Way or even vs Apollo Crews last week.

Physically, he's got that shredded look WWE loves. His major downside would have to be height. He's listed at 6 feet but I can't imagine that's true.

So far as talking goes, all we've really seen out of him is these promos where he evokes a shy Derek Zoolander, and that brings us to the biggest complaint I've see about him, the gimmick.

Adam Rose and Tyler Breeze are both working gimmicks based on comedic film characters. I'd argue Breeze's character works better, it's just a narcissist or vain archetype that we've seen over and over. What was Adam Rose? He was a weird party guy, then he was an incompetent asshole party guy, then he was?

Breeze and Rose are both good wrestlers, but Breeze has age on his side as well as a far more relatable character. A male model is relatable? No, but we've all encountered vain jerks or morons trying to pass themselves off as smart. With no chance of using the drugs and alcohol in his gimmick, what was Adam Rose?

The big question is can Breeze connect with the WWE fans. Getting over at Full Sail or with my fellow IWC participants is very different. The NXT universe seems to love everything that comes their way, but I'd say that's more of a virtue of a lot of good things coming their way since NXT began taping there.

If Breeze is a career midcarder in WWE, good for him. We need midcarders, although at a time when stars are failing to materialize, we need main eventers more. Perhaps this is why Breeze is met with disdain by some fans.

"If New Day can get over, then he can get over" is largely becoming a message centre trope. It's becoming the go to saying when looking at anyone's potential. What it comes down to is booking. New Day were booked as threats while portraying goofy and annoying bad guys.

Breeze will get over if WWE pushed him correctly. He should be a heel for years, and as soon as you start him using him as canon fodder for faces, then what's the point? I believe Breeze has the potential to connect but that has to be met by being booked as a threat. Breeze lost every opportunity he got at the NXT title, yet the announcers still treated him as a threat and played up his vicious and dangerous side.

Breeze could be a top heel but even as a huge fan I have my doubts WWE pushes him that far. They can if they book correctly, but solid logical booking has been a WWE weakness for far too long.

IMO Breeze is only there to get Summer Rae over. Since the debacle of the Rusev\Ziggler Lana\Summer went south, they brought him in so Summer would have something to do.
Long terms plans, you might be looking at Fandango 2.0

Fandango got over then got hurt, then got BURIED!!! Breeze being an nxt guy I think the selfie thing will catch on. I think it's a great way to get positive and negative reactions. Like the other poster said you need the flamboyant/boytoy character. Feuding with the SHOWOFF makes perfect sense. Interested to see where this goes. Losses don't really hurt Dolph at this point unfortunately he's trapped in mid-card hell, but at least he's not feuding with Rusev anymore. Hoping this goes somewhere as I'm a fan of both talents.

Fandango got over then got hurt, then got BURIED!!!

Mostly by Summer Rae. Her and Layla turned him into a joke. Summer introduced Breeze, and that's not a good thing and if Ziggler gets another valet, you could be looking at a replay of the Fandango vs Ziggler feud. Hopefully not.
I agree he has a decent gimmick, but I find it inevitable that at some point he drops Summer because he's too much into himself to bother with her and if they have her bury him like she did Fandango, that would be awful.
IMO being associated with Summer is already a warning sign to the jobber squad.

I'm divided on Breeze. He handles the gimmick well, but it's just too...limited, I guess? Shawn Michaels was also a pretty boy, but I never felt like he was trapped in a specific role. With Fandango, you have to do the dancing. With Adam Rose, you had to do the partying. With Tyler Breeze, you have to do the modelling.

With Shawn Michaels, he didn't really have to be anything other than a chick magnet. Breeze's gimmick has a little more room than Fandango and Rose, but it will quickly run out of steam on the main roster UNLESS they start developing and expanding on it. The key is not to let the gimmick upstage you, which is unfortunately what happened to Rose and Dango- whose music was more over than they were.

As for the performer himself, based on what I've seen, he's a solid performer. Not on par with the best of them, but he's reliable and isn't likely to steal the show. He's a good talker within the confines of his gimmick.

And for the record, I actually really liked his Smackdown debut...admittedly Ziggler is such a horrible face right now that I was happy to see him get his ass kicked, but it was an entrance that left an impression AND has actually made the Summer-Ziggler angle kind of tolerable.

The only thing I see when I see him is Kiwi 2.0 he'll get over for a short while but by next year will be irrelevant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back