PPV's and title changes

The Con Volt

Your Straight-Edge Savior
So after watching Destination X last night, I gotta say, I was pleased with the overall show. But in the hours after the show, I couldn't shake the feeling that I felt a little jipped. And no, it's NOT because of the ending. You know why? TITLE CHANGES. There weren't ANY last night. I don't know about you guys, but when I pay money to watch wrestling one of the things I expect, is to see a new champ or two. By my count there were a total of 5 title matches last night, and IMO at least 2 title changes should have happened. Not just for the sake of a title change or anything like that, but because it would have MADE SENCE.

I really wanted to see Daffney come out of that match with some gold and I don't think I'm the only one. Was anyone else sort of scratching their heads when this match was made saying, " Oh yeah Tara is the champ right now, I almost forgot." Yeah, that's not a good thing. But at least they made it clear that this feud isn't over with Daffney stealing the spider and all.

And the real head scratcher from last night, for me at least, was the tag-title match. I really really really fuckin hate it when they start a feud between tag partners while they're the champs, cuz it makes it way too obvious that they're not gonna hold on to those titles much longer. Seriously, even with how big Supermex and Morgan are, they're obviously gonna lose the belts either before the next PPV on free TV, which is dumb, or they're going to somehow lose them to a tag-team half their size.(No disrespect to MCMG, but they ARE fuckin short.) Why wouldn't you give it to Beer Money? At least that way, we could have a match between 2 comparably sized teams. And on top of that, Mex/Morgan aren't going to be able to start this feud proper til they lose the titles, so why even build it now?

But this isn't just a TNA thing. We have all seen plenty of WWE PPV's where it seemed that it was just "business as usual" with nothing interesting at all. And at Wrestlemania this year, I really hope we get a title change or two cuz lets be honest, even if we as smarks are somehow supposed to be oblivious to championships for some odd reason, we like a title change. I really really wanna see Edge win, and you all do too, so just admit it. Hell, I wouldn't even mind "truth and wisdom" coming out with the belts.(coolest tag name EVER BTW.)

So I'll end this rambling with a question:
When you pay money to watch wrestling, do you expect to see a title change? Or does it really not matter to you at all?

On PPV all i want is a story told in a match with a good ending that culminates or furthers a feud to make it even more awesome thats what you should expect from a PPV something thats makes you feel like whoa that was an awesome match and sometimes they dont need a title change for that to happen thats why i hope Batista retains.

When you pay money to watch wrestling, do you expect to see a title change? Or does it really not matter to you at all?

Not always. When I pay money to watch wrestling, it's because of a match or two (in some VERY rare cases, an entire card) that looks like it will be great to see. I do like title changes here and there, but longer title reigns are better. If I like who is currently the champ, I can get behind them and hope they retain. If the current champ is someone I don't like, then I can get behind their challenger and root for them instead. The only time I expect to see a title change is when a title reign has been getting boring. So, no, I don't always expect to see a title change when I pay money to watch wrestling.... but at the same time it does matter because less title changes can sometimes add more prestige to a belt. It also makes me enjoy the show more to know that there is a dominant champion. We can't go into every show expecting a title change because that devalues the belts and makes people not care as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back