PPV quality SmackDown this week? (7/5/2011)

GW_Hart86

Pre-Show Stalwart
Just finished watching SmackDown this week and WOW! what a show! That is one of the best SmackDown's I have ever seen in terms of quality. I thought that it was unusually up to PPV standard, definately the kind of show they were needing to put on as SmackDown I felt in recent times had become very laclustre.

Sheamus Vs Daniel bryan
Sin Cara Vs Tyson Kidd
Big Show Vs Big Zeke
Orton Vs Christian (World Title)

Every one of the above listed matches was top quality and absolutely reeked of class. Sheamus and Bryan put on a match that was very old school technical based with some new ideas injected in.

Sin Cara and Kidd put on an extremely entertaining high flying match with all kinds of new ideas and fancy moves that no one has seen before.

Big Show and Big Zeke was awesome, put on a very good match with Big Zeke who showed on numerous occassions throughout his freaky strength. Also the interference and storyline surrounding it was entertaining as well.

Orton and Christian was outstanding as well, what a hell of a match from two veterans of the business doing what they do best for the fans. The only thing wrong with this match was the result, but both of them showed how good they really are and the crowd were really into it.

Thoughts....

I don't think I'd go so far as to say SmackDown was PPV quality this past week; if anything, the main event was a PPV quality match, but other than that it wasn't anything special. Yes the Tyson Kidd-Sin Cara match was good, but we've seen Sheamus-Daniel Bryan matches before, and Big Show and Zeke are two powerful big guys but their size limits how entertaining they can really be together in the ring I find. Oh, and you forgot to mention the typical divas match that...didn't really peak my interest at all. Anyway, SmackDown was alright this week, but I think saying it was PPV quality is pushing it a little. Just my opinion though.

Im going to agree with GW_Hart86 on this one. I remember after the 2008 draft when smackdown didn't get raped for once they even got Triple H and the WWF title in that draft and smackdown had imo quite alot of ppv quality episodes, And last weeks one even with the finish to the main event that not alot of people wanted was still a ppv quality show. We got 5 matches (even though the divas match was a little short) but Kharma coming out and destroying Alicia Fox kinda made up for it. Sin Cara had a decent match with Tyson Kidd and DIDN'T botch anything lol Big Zeke vs Big Show was a good bigman match which surprised me because I thought Big Show would of won that one, And to me even though Im not a Shaemus fan I never tire of watching him when he is against Danielson. Randy Orton ACTUALLY had a WRESTLING match unlike when he is on raw where they have spotmove fests.

The week befores smackdown only had 3 matches on it I think and only 1 of them was good. When Edge retired smackdown had NO main eventers, But now with the addition of Orton, Sheamus, Danielson and Sin Cara, Alex Riley, Brodas Clay, DiBiase, Tyson Kidd and Barrett to make up the midcard we might see some more ppv quality smackdowns.

I agree with on everything except for ezekiel jackson versus big show. It was great for big zeke to show how strong he was and see him break from the corre but the end of the match was pretty predictable. They did the same thing with mason ryan and kane on raw and they ended pretty much the same. The other matches were PPV quality though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back