• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Power Ballads

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
BEST COMPILATION ALBUM EVER. I don't care if you think I'm gay. It's awesome.

Disk 1

* 1.We Are The Champions - with Queen
* 2.I Want To Know What Love Is - with Foreigner
* 3.In The Air Tonight - with Phil Collins
* 4.Is This Love - with Whitesnake
* 5.Wind Of Change - with Scorpions
* 6.Up Where We Belong - with Joe Cocker, Jennifer Warnes
* 7.Broken Wings - with Mr. Mister
* 8.We Don't Need Another Hero (Thunderdome) - with Tina Turner
* 9.If I Could Turn Back Time - with Cher

* 10.(I Just) Died In Your Arms - with Cutting Crew
* 11.Can't Fight This Feeling - with REO Speedwagon
* 12.I'd Lie For You (And That's The Truth) - with Meat Loaf
* 13.Alone - with Heart
* 14.Poison - with Alice Cooper
* 15.Kayleigh - with Marillion
* 16.Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now - with Starship
* 17.Show Me Heaven - with Maria McKee

Disk 2

* 1.Angels - with Robbie Williams
* 2.Drive - with The Cars
* 3.Nights In White Satin - with The Moody Blues
* 4.All Out Of Love - with Air Supply
* 5.Hard To Say I'm Sorry - with Chicago
* 6.Listen To Your Heart - with Roxette
* 7.More Than A Feeling - with Boston
* 8.The One I Love - with R.E.M.
* 9.How You Remind Me - with Nickelback

* 10.Streets Of Love - with The Rolling Stones
* 11.The House Of The Rising Sun - with The Animals
* 12.Without You - with Nilsson
* 13.Nothing Compares 2 U - with Sinead O'Connor
* 14.The Power Of Love - with Frankie Goes To Hollywood
* 15.Every Rose Has Its Thorn - with Poison
* 16.Love Hurts - with Nazareth
* 17.It's All Coming Back To Me Now - with Pandora's Box

Disk 3

* 1.Holding Out For A Hero - with Bonnie Tyler
* 2.The Final Countdown - with Europe
* 3.Here I Go Again - with Whitesnake
* 4.White Wedding - with Billy Idol
* 5.The Power Of Love - with Huey Lewis And The News
* 6.Leave A Light On - with Belinda Carlisle
* 7.Don't Shed A Tear - with Paul Carrack
* 8.Black Velvet - with Alannah Myles

* 9.What's Up - with 4 Non Blondes
* 10.Hero - with Chad Kroeger, Josey Scott
* 11.China In Your Hand - with T'Pau
* 12.Alive And Kicking - with Simple Minds
* 13.Rooms On Fire - with Stevie Nicks
* 14.Missing You - with John Waite
* 15.Over My Shoulder - with Mike And The Mechanics
* 16.Bat Out Of Hell - with Meat Loaf

Any album that has a bit of Foreigner, Meat Loaf, The Animals, Frankie Goes To Hollywood etc has to be awesome.

The Final Countdown is cheese, but it's the best cheese ever.

With a Power Balad it's all about the chorus. And most of these songs have the most rock out chorus' of all time.

Right I am going to admit something now that is rather embarrassing! but nevermind... its so not 'goth' but yeah, I am currently listening to my compilation album of 72 awesome power ballads... you can't beat a bit of fist clenching and air punching!

Godley and Creme - Cry... is by far one of the better power ballads...
Currently I have John Farnham - You're the voice... playing, you just can't beat it.

I like Punk. But I have no problem admitting that Power Ballads rock my socks. Ever since I bought this album me and the kid have been rocking out all over the house.

They're the sort of songs you sing at the top of your voice in the car, and you then realize the granny in the next car is giving you shitty looks.

Lol we where in the car the other day listening to 'Black Betty' ... not really a power ballad, but we where rocking out all the same, because we had decided to be stupidly hyper, but yes, and this old man by the side of us was just watching us, half in shock, half excited about the two big busted girls car dancing!

That Album includes Alice Coopers - Poison, I don't know if that really is a power ballad, its one of my favourite pole dancing songs, I'd say its a soft rock song but not really a power ballad, what do you think?

Nah I wouldn't consider it a power ballad. But then again it depends on how they clasify them. If power ballad means permission to rock out then I think it is. But I always thought that power ballad meant shit song, awesome chorus.

Nah I wouldn't consider it a power ballad. But then again it depends on how they clasify them. If power ballad means permission to rock out then I think it is. But I always thought that power ballad meant shit song, awesome chorus.

I always thought it was something to do with fist clenching, with the occasional guitar solo.
I still believe that, but I have come to love it, and occasionally find myself punching the air and pulling the fist back!

That is why The Final Countown is an all time classic. It has the air punching chorus, it has the ability to get everybody in a club, party or wherever going. It's the ultimate song. And if you have to air guitar then it has to be to that song.

I have a copy of the final countdown on my computer by Norther, and its awesome, its a heavy metal power ballad :p
That's the other good thing about power ballads, there is a pretty good chance everyone knows them, even if they don't know who its by or what its called, you'll know it, and then you have to sing and dance along especially if you are under the influence :p~
Every time we have a house party, which by the way are the best student house parties ever, we always play about 3 power ballads at the end of the night, normally Queen - We are the champions, and two others, and even those people half unconscious on the floor get up and sing along.

Yeah when I bought the album I got it because of a few songs. But when I put it on I realised I knew all of them. Most of them are one hit wonders. But they're still classics. The problem is that I'll now have to track down each bands album, just to see if there are any undiscovered classics on them.

Yeah when I bought the album I got it because of a few songs. But when I put it on I realised I knew all of them. Most of them are one hit wonders. But they're still classics. The problem is that I'll now have to track down each bands album, just to see if there are any undiscovered classics on them.

Lol, I couldn't do that, for the simple fact the 70 something power ballads I have is just fine for me, if I found an album for each of the artists, my brain would go into power ballad overload :p
Although I do have a new hobby of finding metal, rock or punk bands who have done copies of power ballads, because that just makes me happy, so far I have done pretty poorly, and have only for like 3 lol.

Well I've got money and nothing to do. So If I find a band I like I make a point of buying their albums. But my mate owns a CD shop. So if I buy something and it's total shit he'll swap it for something else for me.

How can you have three power ballad compilations with no Journey? Between "Faithfully", "Open Arms", and of course, "Don't Stop Believin'"... just about everyone of their songs people knows is a power ballad.

Either way, the epitome of the cheesiness of Power Ballads is fully captured in this commercial. "Every bad boy has his soft side!~"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pNCiXKpO94g

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back