• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Possible Next Move for Reigns

ASKane

Championship Contender
This is just a fantasy booking type idea for Reigns moving forward. I have 3 ideas of what could happen post MITB.

1. Reigns wins MITB and continues feud with Rollins and Lesnar

2. Kane prevents Reigns from winning and leads to the feud that was speculated for these two

3. My fantasy booking idea, whether he wins or not have his next feud be a tag team feud against the New Day as they seem to be interacting more and the New Day are beginning to align with the Authority, I would also use this idea as Reigns could team with the healthy Uso until the other recovers, there feud could be for the title or not but I think using The New Day as the Authority enforcers and having Reigns and his cousin fight them could make a good story to pad out the summer months and would give Reigns fresh opponent who can actually move unlike his more possible opponent of Kane who will do more damage to Reigns than good because Reigns needs good matches and The New Day trio can provide them

Your Thoughts on my 3 scenarios and which one you think will happen and what you want to happen, include your ideas as well

2) I would say 2 and I would add even more to the story. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but it seems like they are playing up Reigns/Ambrose friendship a lot lately. I'm thinking Kane will somehow cost Reigns MITB. Later that night, Kane will get involved with the main event and Reigns will inadvertently cost Ambrose the title. This will cause dissension between the two and Rollins can move on to the next guy.

I think it would be interesting if Reigns won MitB and cashed it in after Ambrose wins the WHC, or maybe cashes it before either member gets a pin- setting up a 3 way feud for Summerslam. Admittedly the problem with this is

- Roman Reigns would likely have to be heel, as fans prefer Ambrose. This will hurt his momentum, as Reigns has worked hard to shrug off of the boos.

- Brock Lesnar. Where would he fit? WWE has already overplayed the '4 way' match card this year. He would need to go after Rollins, but he'd also have to go for the belt. I'd like to see him take on someone different, like Orton, but it wouldn't make a lot of sense.

I don't like the idea of 'Reigns vs Kane'. The winner would be too obvious and Reigns has beaten Kane so many times that a PPV victory wouldn't benefit him at all. Maybe they should have Bray target Reigns and get him out of the title picture for awhile. Or maybe have Reigns target Triple H and resolve that feud once and for all.

I like the new day feud once the usos get back. I wouldn't mind Kane costing reigns mitb. Kane and reigns can have a match at battleground where reigns wins and leads to a hhh vs reigns summerslam match that should have happened at some point last year.

I like roman wins mitb and cashing at summerslam when Rollins vs Brock match similar to wm main event. its payback from roman to Rollins.

WWE wants to book Roman Reigns as the next big thing. So obviously he doesn't have any worth opponents in that perspective than a few.

Bray Wyatt
Dean Ambrose
Seth Rollins
Triple H

These are the only few guys in the current active Main Roster who can give some worthy push to Roman Reigns be the next big thing. I have saved the name of Brock Lesnar because I want to see Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns Part 2 for Wrestlemania 32.

Perhaps If he wins the MITB, He'll have to probably feud with one of the other participants in that match. So the only obvious choice is Sheamus. But unfortunately even when the new heel turn of Sheamus looked so cool in the beginning, it hasn't tweaked to any perks for him yet.

Cheers!!

I think it would be interesting if Reigns won MitB and cashed it in after Ambrose wins the WHC, or maybe cashes it before either member gets a pin- setting up a 3 way feud for Summerslam. Admittedly the problem with this is

- Roman Reigns would likely have to be heel, as fans prefer Ambrose. This will hurt his momentum, as Reigns has worked hard to shrug off of the boos.
But if done right, he would get even more cheers once he turns back!!

....but I think using The New Day as the Authority enforcers and having Reigns and his cousin fight them could make a good story to pad out the summer months....

It's a nice idea but implementing it would depend on how the Creative people are being instructed to move Reigns' career along. I feel that after shifting gears and deciding he wasn't ready to win the world title at WM31, it was decided to build him up with upper-midcard and main event opponents to help his learning curve and keep him on the road to the top. At this point, he's fighting quality people, albeit in tag matches or run-ins as well as scheduled contests.

The problem is that New Day and Jey Uso aren't anywhere near the level of performer Roman has been fighting and, as entertaining as the feud would be, I think management would consider it an ill-advised step down in his career path.

A lot of WWE fans, I bet, are hoping for a triple threat title match with the old Shield guys at SummerSlam. Of course that leaves Lesnar out of the picture for SummerSlam and thats not really something that should be done. Leaving Lesnar out does open the door for a lot of cool stuff, like Brock dominating the Royal Rumble to get a title shot, but that's a slap in the face to fans because he should already be due a rematch from the WM31 title loss.

But Ideal booking for me... MITB doesn't matter, I'd actually prefer to not see a guy who's already got a title shot coming soon win MITB, and Reigns is at the top of a short list of WHC contenders. I'd want to see the Shield triple threat match at Summerslam, and Roman get his title win. A nice, active title reign and a match against Lesnar at WM32 for the title.

I believe that the WWE see their 2 main matches for Summer Slam this year as the following 2 matches:
Brock Lesnar vs Seth Rollins for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose

At MITB Reigns win the briefcase and later that night he sees that Ambrose is about to win. He comes out with the briefcase and tries to cash in as he is attacked by the Authority but he takes them down and stands face to face with Ambrose. Then he Superman Punches Ambrose but Ambrose hits him with the Dirty Deeds. By that time no one is looking on Rollins who climbs up the ladder and retains the title. That brings you the seeds for Ambrose and Reigns & the seeds for Rollins and Lesnar were already planted on the night after WM.

This is just a fantasy booking type idea for Reigns moving forward. I have 3 ideas of what could happen post MITB.

1. Reigns wins MITB and continues feud with Rollins and Lesnar

2. Kane prevents Reigns from winning and leads to the feud that was speculated for these two

3. My fantasy booking idea, whether he wins or not have his next feud be a tag team feud against the New Day as they seem to be interacting more and the New Day are beginning to align with the Authority, I would also use this idea as Reigns could team with the healthy Uso until the other recovers, there feud could be for the title or not but I think using The New Day as the Authority enforcers and having Reigns and his cousin fight them could make a good story to pad out the summer months and would give Reigns fresh opponent who can actually move unlike his more possible opponent of Kane who will do more damage to Reigns than good because Reigns needs good matches and The New Day trio can provide them

Your Thoughts on my 3 scenarios and which one you think will happen and what you want to happen, include your ideas as well

1. I could see Reigns winning the MITB and feuding with Brock and Rollins. It wouldn't surprise me at some point we see a triple threat between the 3 at Battleground or Summerslam.

2. I don't think WWE could make Kane look like a threat to stop Reigns from winning after we seen Reigns run through him so many times. I could see Bray go after Reigns plus he got history with Ambrose and never feuded with Reigns as solo wrestlers. If they could put Rowan and Harper back with Bray this could be interesting next couple of months while Rollins is tied up with Brock.

3. Uso would be an interesting addition. However, Ambrose is still around and a bigger threat to The Authority so Ambrose/Reigns vs. New Day could be an interesting feud WWE could explore while Rollins is occupied with Brock.

Reigns and Ambrose ave been very "chummy" of late this is usually a recipe for one to turn on the other....I reckon we're gonna see a Reigns heel turn outta nowhere at Money in the Bank... Roman Reigns will win the Money in the Bank and I also think Ambrose will finally win the WWEWHC belt... The Authority will be giving Ambrose a beat down after the match then Reigns comes in for the save... Together they send the Authority fleeing to the backstage... Reigns and Ambrose celebrate with the crowd, Ambrose holding up the belt and Reigns with the briefcase... Then the unthinkable, Reigns hits Ambrose with the spear and then cashes in the contract.

Shield Triple Threat should build through Summerslam. Then, you can actually have Roman and Rollins build towards a Survivor Series style matchup in December/November. Then have them book towards Royal Rumble.

Roman shouldn't be NEAR the belt until Wrestlemania until he gets a rematch against Brock, who is the champion again. Then Roman goes over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back