• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Possible Cruiserweight Championship Return

Gah, Kotre, you are making this thread a whole load of no-fun!

You take everyone's i like it, and demolish it on the basis of it either being a flop and under-appreciated or treated like a lower card title, or as a basis to pigeon-hole wrestlers and portray them as inferior. Neither of which are generally

When people mention chris and rey, your keen to point out they got big AFTER being in the CW, but can you honestly say they would have ever been given a real shot WITHOUT the showcasing of their talents in WCW?? Would there have been a Y2J or the ultimate underdog of Mysterio if these guys hadnt been well established as talented guys IN the CW?? Did these guys look inferior? Did chavo guerrero look inferior in a match against Rey, or getting his ass kicked by Kane? In a match that suits the style of particular wrestlers, they all come out looking alot better. Those that stand out get a bigger push, same as with everything else!

You replied to me that the matches i liked were often only five minutes long... And this thread is about the extra hour being added to RAW, i dont need to explain this do i?

Good to see you ran out of bad things to say to the above poster and went with smileys, especially when they were perfectly good ways of establishing a legit title, nice to know you dont just have a chip on your shoulder against the idea!!

Neways, i'm not here to rape and pillage, your doing just fine and there will be plenty of fodder I'm sure! Talk to you next time! Have fun, buzzkill!

It definitely would help a lot of the smaller, unused guys on the roster who have nothing to do. AKA Justin Gabriel, Alex Riley, Yoshi Tatsu, Sin Cara etc. The belt would need to return and with an extra hour each week it makes sense. Rey Mysterio could be awarded the title upon his return because of his history with the devision and start a rivalry with an up and coming heel cruiserweight.

So your bright idea is to use the extra hour of Raw to do something that would better suit Smackdown?

I never said it would "better suit SmackDown." I said it was "the perfect fit" for that show. Two different things. Cruiserweights would appear on both shows, like just about everyone else in the company except John Cena and CM Punk. I feel like their matches would be a great way to help fill that extra hour of airtime on Raw, but would also suit SmackDown perfectly.

I can tell how bright your ideas are when you have to resort to posting smilies in response to my points. Like Mack Militant said, you're nothing but a buzzkill.

You take everyone's i like it, and demolish it on the basis of it either being a flop and under-appreciated or treated like a lower card title, or as a basis to pigeon-hole wrestlers and portray them as inferior. Neither of which are generally

True? I think you'll find that it is. Case in point, CWs not getting pushed because they're "vanilla midgets" and this won't draw.

When people mention chris and rey, your keen to point out they got big AFTER being in the CW, but can you honestly say they would have ever been given a real shot WITHOUT the showcasing of their talents in WCW??

you keep bringing up Jericho who was a well known wrestler for years before WCW and quit the company to get out of the division in your defense. Surely you see the flaw there. As for Rey, WWE had to undo what WCW had Diego him in order to make him a draw, after he went back to Mexico. Again, the CW division's impact is being overrated.

[qote]Would there have been a Y2J or the ultimate underdog of Mysterio if these guys hadnt been well established as talented guys IN the CW?? Did these guys look inferior? Did chavo guerrero look inferior in a match against Rey, or getting his ass kicked by Kane? In a match that suits the style of particular wrestlers, they all come out looking alot better. Those that stand out get a bigger push, same as with everything else! [/quote]

In order, yes, yes, someone in a competitive match always looks better than they do being squashed, so duh.

You replied to me that the matches i liked were often only five minutes long... And this thread is about the extra hour being added to RAW, i dont need to explain this do i?

Yeah, if you think there's going to be a massive increase in ring time on Raw you're deluded.

Good to see you ran out of bad things to say to the above poster and went with smileys, especially when they were perfectly good ways of establishing a legit title, nice to know you dont just have a chip on your shoulder against the idea!!

No, his points were just so laughable that the :lol: smiley was the most appropriate response.

It definitely would help a lot of the smaller, unused guys on the roster who have nothing to do. AKA Justin Gabriel,

Doesn't need the stigma.

Alex Riley

Not a cruiserweight.

Yoshi Tatsu

Not worth the screen time.

Sin Cara etc.

doesn't need it to get screentime.

The belt would need to return and with an extra hour each week it makes sense. Rey Mysterio could be awarded the title upon his return because of his history with the devision and start a rivalry with an up and coming heel cruiserweight.

Nothing you said in that sentence comes close to making sense.

I never said it would "better suit SmackDown." I said it was "the perfect fit" for that show. Two different things. Cruiserweights would appear on both shows, like just about everyone else in the company except John Cena and CM Punk. I feel like their matches would be a great way to help fill that extra hour of airtime on Raw, but would also suit SmackDown perfectly.

Cruiserweights competing on Raw and Smackdown? You mean like they already do? Again, every non-Irish title holder is a CW at this time.

I can tell how bright your ideas are when you have to resort to posting smilies in response to my points. Like Mack Militant said, you're nothing but a buzzkill.

Your ideas were so fucking stupid they weren't worth the time to give a proper response to. Hence the laughing smilies. And I'm not a buzz kill, I'm just right.

True? I think you'll find that it is. Case in point, CWs not getting pushed because they're "vanilla midgets" and this won't draw.

This has got to be the most stupid point I have ever seen on WZ. It was this mentality that led to viewers tuning out WCW. Those "vanilla midgets" went to WWE and became stars.

No, his points were just so laughable that the :lol: smiley was the most appropriate response.

That is not the case.

Cruiserweights competing on Raw and Smackdown? You mean like they already do? Again, every non-Irish title holder is a CW at this time.

They aren't members of a cruiserweight division, and they don't participate soley in cruiserweight matches.

Your ideas were so fucking stupid they weren't worth the time to give a proper response to. Hence the laughing smilies. And I'm not a buzz kill, I'm just right.

No, more like you're a fucking moron who doesn't understand wrestling.

This has got to be the most stupid point I have ever seen on WZ. It was this mentality that led to viewers tuning out WCW. Those "vanilla midgets" went to WWE and became stars.

Considering you read all of your own posts, that's quite an achievement. And it was the mentality that the company with the prominent CW division had. Which was my point, dumbass.

That is not the case.

No, laughing at you is exactly what your pathetic responses deserve.

They aren't members of a cruiserweight division, and they don't participate soley in cruiserweight matches.

And you think that limiting who they work with is a good thing?

No, more like you're a fucking moron who doesn't understand wrestling.

Funny, that's a more fitting description of you than me. Stay quiet, dumbass you're beaten.

Yeah i think something similar to the old high flying style of wrestling would be a great idea! One of the things the WWE has going for it at the minute is its large roster, many of which are being under-used, and the extra time slot frees up some space. They cant all be hunting down the current titles so the introduction of a new belt would certainly give the currently lazy creative guys something to grant these guys some focus!!

I used to enjoy the old cruiserweight and light heavy guys, didnt seem to limit them much as alot went on to bigger things, or crossed over to being tag champs and having great fueds with bigger guys too.

It would be a step up in some carreers that frankly arent given enough time unless you watch superstars (which you should), and a place for returning stars like Mysterio and Sin Cara (given the over crowded upper card and under utilised mid card titles) and since WWE have the idea of creating a whole cruiserweight SHOW on their never-to-exist network, it seems they think it woyld be a swell idea too. I would love to see the origins of that on raw or smackdown!!

Great thread guys!!

Considering you read all of your own posts, that's quite an achievement. And it was the mentality that the company with the prominent CW division had. Which was my point, dumbass.

The mentality that only big men like Hogan, Nash, Goldberg, Giant, Luger, etc. could draw has absolutely NOTHING to do with having a cruiserweight division. The WCW higher-ups would have called Eddie Gurrero a "vanilla midget" regardless if their company had a cruiserweight division or not.

Kotre Ibushimix;3923528]No, laughing at you is exactly what your pathetic responses deserve.

It's your excuse for not being able to come up with an argument to my points.

Kotre Ibushimix;3923528]And you think that limiting who they work with is a good?

Forever? No. But Shawn Michaels was "limited" to the tag team division for years, and then progressed up the card when the time was right. Had it not been for that division, he would have been lost in the shuffle.

Kotre Ibushimix;3923528]Funny, that's a more fitting description of you than me. Stay quiet, dumbass you're beaten.

Screw you. I come up with better arguments than fucking emoticons.

Cruiserweight division, and the title, are dead. Nobody cares about them in this day and age, so it will never return.

People still care about cruiserweights. Sin Cara was a fan favorite for much of 2011, and spent a lot of his time in a luche libre style feud with Hunico.

YES! Bring back the Cruiserweight division. It gives a lot of the guys now something to do. Guys like Tyson Kidd, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel and more are very entertaining but never get a chance. Bring back the C-Championship and they are relevant. The Cruiserweights are very entertaining and a great way to open PPV's plus with raw becoming 3 hours we could see maybe 2 great uninterrupted Cruiserweight 5+ minute matches a show. In TNA every time the X Divsion superstars take the ring the crowd always chants "This is wrestling" give them this please???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back