Poor, Sad Marlins...

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
comcast.net said:
MIAMI (AP) — Here's a chance to buy tickets to a guaranteed perfect game - the one Roy Halladay already threw.

The Florida Marlins will begin selling on Tuesday unused tickets to the game in which the Philadelphia Phillies ace pitched the 20th perfect game in major league history, a 1-0 victory over the Marlins on Saturday.

All tickets will be regularly priced and on sale both online and through the Marlins' box office.

Paid attendance that night was about 25,000, a relatively large crowd for a Marlins' home game. By comparison, Florida drew a paid crowd of 10,115 - its smallest of the season - for Monday's game against Milwaukee.

Not every team has the Yankees money I suppose. :shrug:

It's actually a great idea to produce revenue, not every team can be stationed in the Media capital of the world and have a 100 year history. Marlins are doing alright since they have only been a team for 17 years and have 2 World Series rings.

True, but I think it's pretty funny that in Florida of all places, they can't get more than 25,000 at their games. I would expect that from Pittsburgh.

The Marlins should move away already. It's ridiculous. No one goes to their games and they actually have a good team in my opinion. I would pay good money to watch Hanley Ramirez.

That stadium is FUCKING EMPTY:

Dolphin+Stadium+Empty.jpg

Yeah..Baseball doesn't do too good here in Florida. I don't know anything about baseball, but just look at the Tampa Bay Rays. I hear the Rays are a pretty good team (like I said, I don't know anything about baseball so I would know if they are or not) but they don't do very good when it comes to bringing in fans to see their games.

The only times a lot of people show up are when they are playing either the Yankees or Red Sox. They have actually done a lot of things to get the fans to come to their games such as basically giving away tickets or doing promotions like buy one ticket and get one free and things like that.

They are moving in 2012, to a new stadium. Going to be called the Miami Marlins.

I meant they should get out of Florida. They should give a city that actually loves baseball, a team. Shit, give LA or New York a third team. At least they'll actually make money because people will actually go to the game.

They would have to change their name though. But to what?

Oklahoma City *insert funny name here*

I know one thing though:
633857896242824180-Oklahoma.jpg

I meant they should get out of Florida. They should give a city that actually loves baseball, a team. Shit, give LA or New York a third team. At least they'll actually make money because people will actually go to the game.

1. When they get the new stadium, people will start to come to the ballpark, because it will be a retractable roof, so they won't have the rain to deal with. New stadiums always draw a crowd.
2. Once the Marlin actually start to spend money, they might get more people. Brand name player=asses in seats.
3. New York and LA will NEVER get a third team, because the current owners there would have to approve, and lord knows the Wilpons, Steinbrenners, whoever owns the dodgers at that point, and whoever else would never agree to it.

1. When they get the new stadium, people will start to come to the ballpark, because it will be a retractable roof, so they won't have the rain to deal with. New stadiums always draw a crowd.
2. Once the Marlin actually start to spend money, they might get more people. Brand name player=asses in seats.
3. New York and LA will NEVER get a third team, because the current owners there would have to approve, and lord knows the Wilpons, Steinbrenners, whoever owns the dodgers at that point, and whoever else would never agree to it.

Oh yeah I know that LA and NY will never get a third team, stormtrooper. I was just being sarcastic. LA and NY have two teams each, adding one more is just superfluous. Hopefully people do come to see the Marlins. It's good for baseball in general if there are people in the seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back