• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pillman

BigB_72278

Dark Match Jobber
Do you all think Brian Pillman would have ever been world heavyweight champ if he hadn't passed away. I think he could have been as he was awesome in the ring, atleast before his car crash.

I don't think he would of ever been world champ.I could see him being a repeat IC champion(if he wasn't already..i dont remember) He was always a 'background' character to me when he was in the Hart Foundation.I really don't remember much about him now as the years have gone by other than the shock of when he passed on.If i remember correctly he was 'average' on mic skills and i thought he could put on a great match.To be a champ in the wwe it seems you just need to have mic skills (the rock) ,be boning the boss' daughter (hhh), or just have a look the mcmahon's think is marketable (batista,Lashley,Hogan)

I don't think he would of ever been world champ.I could see him being a repeat IC champion(if he wasn't already..i dont remember) He was always a 'background' character to me when he was in the Hart Foundation.I really don't remember much about him now as the years have gone by other than the shock of when he passed on.If i remember correctly he was 'average' on mic skills and i thought he could put on a great match.To be a champ in the wwe it seems you just need to have mic skills (the rock) ,be boning the boss' daughter (hhh), or just have a look the mcmahon's think is marketable (batista,Lashley,Hogan)

HHH is where he is today because of hard work, not because he is "boning" McMahon's daughter.

But I agree with you, Pillman, while a good worker was not World Championship level caliber.

Yes HHH did work hard and he is one of the best, but without 'boning the bosses daughter' he would'nt have got 10 championships, and the ability to make what matches and do what he wants.

Yes HHH did work hard and he is one of the best, but without 'boning the bosses daughter' he would'nt have got 10 championships,

what he said is pretty much what i meant. yes hhh would have been a world champ but not that many times. i know hhh worked hard,got a world championship ,lost it ...and then worked hard boning steph,ended up a 10 time champ with backstage power.

I doubt it. From what I've read in various magazine's Pillman hated it in WWE because they did'nt let him do whatever he wanted with his Loose Cannon character. He only signed with them because they offered him more than WCW were willing to. Apparently he was really outspoken to Vince and other's about how unhappy he was.

Yes HHH did work hard and he is one of the best, but without 'boning the bosses daughter' he would'nt have got 10 championships, and the ability to make what matches and do what he wants.

Plenty of people have been given massive pushes and backstage power throughout the years who never "boned the boses daughter." It's very possible that HHH coudl have stil ended up in Vince's good graces, maybe not to the same degree with the 10 championships, but to a large enough degree that people still would have had a lot of similar complaints about him in the past.

I disagree. I think if Brian Pillman remained clean, healthy, and continued to excell from the star he was in the early 90's there's a very good chance he could've been world champion by this point. The WWE has made world champions out of many guys in the last decade I would've said would only achieve IC status back 10 years ago such as: Booker T, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Edge, and John Cena.

Pillman was great on the mic, his in ring style all be it slowed down due to his injuries was a good contrast from the big powerfull bruiser type style. In Bischoff's book, it does touch on the fact that eventually Pillman would go back to WCW at some point during the "loose cannon" run. Vince curbed him a little so in the event of Pillman going back to WCW his character wouldnt have as much steam as it did when he first showed up in ECW.

If i remember correctly he was 'average' on mic skills

Although I didn't watch WWF during much of his time in the company I do remember one promo he cut in particular in 1996 @ the King of the Ring. You know everyone remembers Austins promo that night (and rightfully so) but Pillman's was pretty off the hook to. The look, the intensity was all there. He really convinced you he was a "loose canon". On Pillman's DVD, Steve Austin bigs up that promo as one of the best he's ever seen.

I think he would have been a great champion. I loved the program he was working with Goldust when he passed away. He was really good with the loose cannon angle

I remember the first video of wrestling i got had the first match of Flyin Brian Pillman against the Z-Man. Thought it was a brill match and liked Pilman since then. He bulked up since tht match when he made it to WWE but before the accident could still do all the top rope moves. I think before the accident he was very capable of becomin WWE champ. He would of made a good IC champ though and i think he woulda definitly won the IC belt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back