• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PGA Thread - 2010

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is the thread for all PGA discussion and topics.

As we all know, The Master's at Augusta begins tomorrow and a lot of speculation has surrounded this year's tournament. We all know of the return of Tiger Woods and how his situation has plagued his golfing career as of late and we all await his performance with baited breath as he returns. The bookies have him as hot favourite going into the event and I think that is a mistake. The bookies have him at 5-1 which is a fucking joke. They have Mickelson as second favourite at 14-1 and Ernie Els at 15-1.

Considering that Ernie has already one two major PGA tour events this year and has been working immensely on his draw shot, a shot that is always helpful around the course, I think he has got to be worth a punt at 15-1. Put a couple of quid on it and you could get a good return from him. However, Westwood, Casey and Poulter have a great opportunity for the British contingent and this is probably one of those years that could deliver a British winner. My fingers are crossed. Poulter has the best putting at the game at the moment and is definitely worth a shot, even though he is always inconsistent at Augusta. This is a year that really could belong to him

Anyway, I am backing Els and Casey this year. Mark my words, A South African of an Englishman is winning it. Woods will get nowhere near the top.

So let us get started with the Masters.
Thoughts?

Well this weekend was one of the biggest for me, with baseball starting, hockey wrapping up, my basketball team falling out of contention, so to say I watched all of the Masters is a lie. I did however watch the 3rd round, which really gave you the insight to how it went down it seems. Phil was on op of his game, Tiger was not.

The eagles in day three put Phil under by a lot, and he would keep it up into the 4th round. It was inspirational to see him dominating the game, but I sure felt for Tiger's hooker tonight.

I am glad to see him get the green jacket again, however I sure wish the only Canadian, former green jacket winner himself Weir did better than second last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back