• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Petey Williams: Should he come back to TNA?

Next Jericho

Robbie E's number one fan BRO
Is it time to bring Petey Williams back to TNA? My answer is yes if you look at the reasons why you might want him back too.

Petey Williams was the best X-Division wrestlers in well the time he was in TNA with being a 2 time X-Division champion.

Petey Williams was the leader of team Canada which had members like Robert Roode and Eric Young.

He was the 2004 wrestling observes rookie of the year.

TNA has barely any X-Division wrestlers!

Worked the gimmick 'Maple Leaf Muscle' very well as he was Scott Steniers lackey.

He has the sickest finishing move in wrestling history in my option take a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBpvkPRPc5Q&feature=related

These are the reasons why I want Petey Williams back in TNA.

I completely agree that he should come back. He was a valueable asset to the X Division and ive been hoping that he, Sonjay Dutt and Matt Bentley (Off topic I know) would return. Williams does the arrogant Canadian gimmick very well and his face run at the end of his TNA career sucked. So you couldnt bring him back to face Doug Williams, but against Kendrick they could do some great stuff.

Maybe he could return and team with EY again, who knows. Considering The Band is basically dead

bring Petey back for the "Canadian Destroyer" alone...lol!!

but seriously, if he were to return, I feel he would be massively over with the TNA purists, and about anyone who ever seen his videos on youtube!

he always seemed to have that rabid following like RVD and Bryan Danielson have.

so I say BRING PETEY BACK!!!!

I think so, they could really use him to rebuild the X-Division in my opinion. I was a fan of his ever since I saw him do the Canadian destroyer for the first time.

He should definitely come back.. just for the Canadian Destroyer. TNA wants to be an alternative? Have this guy do the move once a week.. people will tune in. It's one of the few moves left that isn't off the top rope that can get a crowd off their feet.

For the Canadian Destroyer alone I'd vote yes, but presuming Dreamer or whoever is booking TNA right now actually wants to revamp the XD back to more of a traditional/historical version of itself, I vote absolutely to the return of Little Petey Pump – never really understood why he was let go of to begin with, to be quite honest.

They should definitely get Petey back, the guy is a fantastic talent, with a unique finisher. I am not particulary a fan of the Canadian Destroyer, but a hell of a lot of people are, and would pop like crazy to see it again.

He would fit in well in the X-Division, whether he was playing the Maple Leaf Muscle role, or the more traditional Canadian heel role he was so good at, or with a new character. Definitely wanna see this guy back in TNA

This guy was one of the reasons I watched iMPACT for the whole 2 hours, because I wanted to see him in the ring...he is a great talent, he could very well re-define the X Division, which has been dying since God knows when!! And let him wear Steiners chain wig, (i jus liked the way he looked)..

TNA Needs Back Petey Williams (and Christopher Daniels) But TNA Is Turning Into WCW and Are Now Using Former ECW (Old and WWE's ECW), WCW and WWF/E Stars. When TNA First Started Out, They Were The Only Professional Wrestling Company That Did Stuff Differently. I Mean, New Breakout Superstars, X-Divison (Not A Crusierweight), Knockouts (Not Divas) and A 6-Sided Ring (Not A 4-Sided) and Then Once Hulk Hogan & Eric Bishoff Showed Up, Everthing Changed. They Got Rid Of Their Best Superstars Like Petey Williams (Even Though He Left In '09), Daniels and More To Get Old Superstars From The 80's and 90's. Those Wrestlers Had Their Time and They Need To Let These New Wrestlers Have Theirs. TNA Got Rid Of The 6-Sided Ring For A 4-Sided Ring and Their Ramp Looks Jut Like WCW. So My Question Is: Is Hulk Hogan and Eric Bishoff Destorying TNA and Will TNA End Up Like WCW

Of course it will. Dixie Carter is a mark. They are bringing in talent they dont need and talent that helped them trive like Daniels, Willliams, and others arent even in the company. The X Division is a mockery of what it used to be. You got guys in the company like Rob Terry and Orlando Jordan who no one cares about. The Global Championship is a joke and it should have been discontinued once Booker T lost the legends Championship.

So yeah although it seemed like your off topic your really not. Petey was a good peice of the puzzle of TNA's Successful rise along with Team Canada and X Division stars. Although after thinking about it I'd rather have him stay away because he would probably job to Doug Williams

As long as it's the "Canadian Destroyer" Peter Williams not "maple leaf muscle."

I feel he deserved another run in the company. I have no idea how high guys like Hogan/Russo/E are on Petey, but they should defiantly have him in the top 10 FA's available.

I wouldn't mind seeing what was mentioned before in having him come team up with EY. The band is on it's last breath and EY has the talent to stay with the company.

A lot of potential with Petey coming back IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back