• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pet peeve: people who have to say "I told you so"

mcflyboy

Pre-Show Stalwart
Hopefully this is the right place for this thread. I'm just wondering what others think.

One thing I've noticed since coming and posting on threads in here is that there are certain folks (I won't mention names), who seem to feel obligated to say "I told you so."

Part of the fun of this board (to me at least), is to predict what will happen as far as future matchups and winners of announced matches at PPVs. It's interesting to hear others' thoughts and reasoning.

However, why do some folks find it necessary to remind everyone else when their predictions turn out to be correct? Seriously, are we supposed to be keeping tabs on your predictive power? Are we supposed to be more impressed, like you more, bow in respect, or think that you are better than the rest of us just because you managed to call a match correctly?

Let's face it, lots of times matchups and winners are predictable, and sometimes we are surprised. But if you do make a correct prediction or assumption, why can't you just be happy that you figured it out, why is it necessary to call attention to it and make sure that everyone else recognizes it too?

I do understand happiness of calling something, especially if maybe you were in the minority, and you have a desire to cheer for yourself a little. But adding to threads by saying something along the lines of "Hey everyone, I TOLD YOU this was going to happen!" serves no real purpose.

So in closing, I'd just like to say if you do call something correctly, congratulations, pat yourself on the back, and move on. You don't have to make sure everyone else here knows you managed to GUESS correctly. Besides, I'd be willing to assume that just about everyone here has a greater than 50% success rate on calling things ahead of time anyway.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, and if not, then I apologize for taking up your time.

Samoa Joe's plain and he's shit as World Champion.. I told you so.

C.M. Punk IS a transitional Champion and won't amount to anything. (I'm waiting to tell a lot of you fuckers that one)

Me thinks that if you had ever guessed something right, you wouldn't have near as much problems with "I told you so".

Just because you're always wrong, buddy, doesn't mean we have to change our posting.

Heh heh, some interesting replies already.

Triple H sucks...I told you so.

I don't know why I found that reply so funny, but I did.

Haha this is a great post. And I love your name.

1.21 gigowatts? Run for it marty!

Me thinks that if you had ever guessed something right, you wouldn't have near as much problems with "I told you so". Just because you're always wrong, buddy, doesn't mean we have to change our posting.

You're right. My post had nothing to do with folks who feel the need to trumpet their own successful guesses, but because never in my life have I ever called the outcome of a wrestling match correctly. In fact, if you ever want to know who will win a match, ask me, because the answer is always going to be the exact opposite of whomever I pick, guaranteed.

Seriously though, it's not a big deal...I just think it's funny when people brag about guessing correctly, like it is something really impressive. But I'm predicting people will continue to do it anyway, and if it turns out to be the case, then I'll say "I told you so"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back