Pearl Jam

Sparky

Master of the Aussie kiss
Are they or are they not the greatest band in the world.? Song's like Black, Better Man, Daughter and even Last Kiss are some of my favourite song's ever. Pearl Jam's Lyric's are powerful and moving. The first time i ever heard last kiss i cried my eye's out. Granted i was at a funeral but the song made me feel like it was written just for me. They would have to be one of in not the greatest "live" band's ever. being able to add to the lyric's As they go and make the song better is an awesome talent and make's it more interesting. I would give my right leg to see them live. What's your opinion on Pearl Jam Over Rated or Underrated?

Nothing but the highest praise from me. Pearl Jam is my favorite band of all-time. I’ve seen them live three times. Their first two concerts in particular were awesome, memorable experiences. They sound great live and the mosh pits were so much fun.

I have all their studio albums and some special release CDs. Some of my favorite songs are ones that never got any or little play, such as Yellow Ledbetter, Porch, Not for You, Corduroy, Around the Bend, and Save You. Although they’ve experimented since Ten, Pearl Jam has maintained its unique and distinctive sound. I can hear a guitar riff or piece of lyric and recognize them instantly.

While they are responsible for writing a lot of their own songs, Pearl Jam’s Last Kiss is actually a cover of the 1960s ballad by J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers and was written by Wayne Cochran.

Wow, Thank you Amy. I thought this thread was well and truley dead. :lmao:. I knew there was another Pearl jam fan on this Forum. Im not lucky enough to of heard Pearl Jam live but I do own some of their live Cds. (there are hundreeds of them).
Chasingamy said:
While they are responsible for writing a lot of their own songs, Pearl Jam’s Last Kiss is actually a cover of the 1960s ballad by J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers and was written by Wayne Cochran
Yeah I knew that. I have heard the original song but I think that Pearljam sings it way better.
These are one bad that is Underratted imo. Fair enough "avacado" album wasnt that good but all the ones before that fucking own. I actually like it how they realise their concerts into a seperate album. The one i have they add an extra couple of lines to the song Daughter that makes the song worth more and actually makes it better to listen too.

Pearl Jam, hmmmm. Now here is a strange band for me. Ten and Versus are two of the best albums I've heard. Ever. Every song on their first 2 CD's is so good. However, I can honestly say that I have not heard a song since Versus from them that I like. I think that when they became wrapped up in all the politic views/social awareness/animal rights/battle with Ticketmaster etc. etc., it really took the focus off their music. I loved them when they were just all about writing great songs.

I love Pearl Jam, if you ask me, I would have to say they are probably the second best band to come out of the grunge era, with AIC being the best, but I every album I have heard from them was filled with good songs, Black and Do The Evolution being my two big favorites from them, and Do The Evolution also happens to be one of my all time favorite videos, it's just pure badass,
[youtube]3C9CH3q9PLI[/youtube]

I do however feel Jeremy got a little overplayed, and I rarely ever listen that song anymore, but that aside, Pearl Jam are a great band, and always will be

Man i could talk about this all day.

Well they without a doubt have the greatest singer/songwriter of all time. Eddie Vedder has never wrote a bad lyric and his voice is fucking insane. I love him to death. He is my hero.

My favorite Band is actually the Red Hot Chili Peppers but there is not much in it between the two. Neither band has written a bad song. I just love the Chili Peppers a tiny bit more. I think i relate to them better.

Anyways.. back to Pearl Jam.

Temple Of The Dog's self titled album gave us the first taste of Pearl Jam, so if youve never heard of em... lookem up. Hunger Strike by temple of the dog!
Pearl Jam's 1st album Ten was fucking legendary, better then Nevermind and it actually sold more copies. Alive, Even Flow, Black, Why Go, Once, Porch, are all classic songs that i'll remember till the day I die. The stand out song of Ten though was Jeremy. Jeremy was that one little jewel that turned Pearl Jam from just another grunge band into a legend that will never die. Jeremy is so pure in it's sound and it's Huge raw outro was topped by nothing else on Ten. Eddies screams are filled with so much passion... The whole "WOOOAHHHHHOOOOO!!! Spoken, Spoken" is just insanley beautiful. The Jeremy video is my favorite music video ever, it really suited the song, caputring it in the right way.

My favourite album of all time came with Vs. in 1993. No album will ever top that for me. Each song a masterpiece like no other. The purest form of anything i have ever been around. I love that album like i love nothing else. The feeling it gives me is indescribable. So i wont go futher or this comment will never finish.

Next came Vitology in 1994 which was equally as good as Ten. With classics like Corduroy, Immortality, Betterman, Spin The Black Circle, Nothingman and my Favorite Pearl Jam song Not For You. Vitology had a much more acoustic kinda feel to me than anything else theyve done, but yeah... Not For You fucking rocks..... Great album.

No Code in 1996 was considered a let down buy alot of fans but i think its just as good as Ten & Vitology. It's beauty is just isnt as obvious. Hail, Hail, Off He Goes, Who You Are, Lukin, and Smile are all fucking great tracks. But Off He Goes is something really special. Very Beautiful song.

Yeild in 98.. Wishlist was a simple little song that is that maybe the most beautiful song i have ever heard. But you cannot go past Do The Evolution. What a fucking classic track! Hard and fast like their early Vs. work.. great lyrics and the HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!! as good a song as they've ever written.

Binural (2000)& Riot Act (2002) were alot harder for me to get into, except for the singles like I Am Mine, Love Boat Captain, Light Years, Nothing As It Seems... and Insignificance which is an awesome song. Great Chours. Fucking Sweet!!

Pearl Jam's Pearl Jam in 2005 gave us World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Gone, and my favorite from the album Severd Hand. This self titled album showed all who doubted Pearl Jam that they could rock as hard as they have ever done.

Along with those 7 albums, Pearl Jam have many hits like State Of Love & Trust, Breath, Man Of the Hour, Last Kiss, and eddie solo album which Pearl Jam fans all over the world hold so close to their hearts.
I cant wait for their next masterpiece...

Pearl jam are so electric on stage, especially in their earlier days.
"If i was deaf, I would Like Pearl Jam" because just watching them on stage make me wanna move around. There energy is electric and the improvisations make for a very special show. My favorite Live concert ever is a contest between Pearl Jam live at Pinkpop 1992 and RHCP live at slane. For all those Pearl Jam fans who havent seen Pinkpop 1992.. Utube it.. Its some of the best pearl jam footage ive ever seen...

Anyways

My Cats name is Peark Jam...

PEACE LOVE PEARLJAM

I forgot to say that Pearl Jam IMO are very underrated. I'd class them in the same league as any top band you can name. I think the Vs. is especially underrated. It sold a million copies in 1 fucking week in the US.

But yeah.. i think theyre underrated..
Epecially when compared to Nirvana. Im a huge nirvana fan but there not as good as Pearl Jam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back