Paypal Is A Bust; Are Debit Card A Go?

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
I fucking hate this country. We can have a passable economy and pretty much live off the U.S. but our banks suck too much to have Paypal privileges and while you can vote, drive, drink alcohol, be emancipated and more or less be an adult officially, you cannot have a fucking credit card 'till you're 21. Or a non-student loan.

Is it safe to use a goddamned debit card for purchases on say Amazon seeing as I'm left with no other choice and have heard non-favorable things about this idea?

I fucking hate this country.

I fucking hate this country. We can have a passable economy and pretty much live off the U.S. but our banks suck too much to have Paypal privileges and while you can vote, drive, drink alcohol, be emancipated and more or less be an adult officially, you cannot have a fucking credit card 'till you're 21. Or a non-student loan.

Is it safe to use a goddamned debit card for purchases on say Amazon seeing as I'm left with no other choice and have heard non-favorable things about this idea?

I'm confused. Why would you be okay with Paypal or Amazon having your credit card but not your debit card? Identity theft is just as likely in either case.

Using your Debit card would be cheaper as well, credit card have all sorts of bullshit hidden fees they like to fuck you over with.

I'm confused. Why would you be okay with Paypal or Amazon having your credit card but not your debit card? Identity theft is just as likely in either case.

Using your Debit card would be cheaper as well, credit card have all sorts of bullshit hidden fees they like to fuck you over with.

Methinks that is the root of the problem.

Credit card purchases are protected while debit card ones are not (even thought they often have a credit card symbol "backing them"). You can dispute a purchase that isn't legitimate (in a reasonable amount of time) and the credit card company will give you your money back while someone can wipe out your bank account with a debit card, check or something like that and you don't have the same level of protections (much harder and longer to get your money back and even that is contingent on a smooth investigation process).

Based on what killjoy describes I could see how debit cards might be more frowned upon for these shortcomings if the banks etc. were a little more questionable where he is. Although this is more of a debit card issue in general, opposed to an amazon specific issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back