• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Paul & Gabriel?

truk24

Getting Noticed By Management
No, not DJ Gabriel just Gabriel, and Paul Bruchill as a tag team perhaps? Two tough sons of bitches from the streets of England. Possibly rename themselves "The Legends of Liverpool". Both of these men are solid in the ring, and would make a solid tag team in my opinion. ECW just lost one of their own tag teams, and I think having them around as a team could help them make a name for themselves. Wouldn't you want to see what they could do with a tag team like this?

That could work. They should move Regal over to ECW as well and have him as the mouth piece of the group and also manager since he is getting older. Then it could be a British stable with Burchill, Katie Lea, Gabriel, and Regal. Also they can feud with Finlay and have Finlay bring in that Irish dude from FCW and have the two teams go at it cuz I think English people and Irish people don't get along too well.

Why the hell is it that when people think of an English stable, they have to put LIVERPOOL in the title?

I've thought this was a good idea for a while, and it may happen, what with Alicia Fox shipped off to SD.

And a feud with Finlay and the FCW guy is a good idea.

DJ Gabriel was a horrible gimmick from the get-go. I thought I was watching Alex Wright from the mid-90's again. He definately needs to be repackaged so he can be taken more seriously.

I always liked Paul Burchills look and demeanor. I think he's a guy who has potential, but the WWE just doesnt seem to know what to do with him. They never have to be honest.

I wouldn't mind seeing DJ Gabriel and Paul Birchil as a team, but the real question would be: How convincing can Gabriel be a heel. I'm sure that he knows how to play a great heel, but the dancing gimmick, which I fould quite entertaining would really make me have to be convinced. With Alicia Fox drafted to Smackdown, I could see this happening, but I wouldn't like it much, since they were just fueding earler this year.

I think that any chance of Gabriel being a credible heel has been tarnished with his current gimmick (which I love, by the way). Not that I wouldn't like to see the two put together because there just doesn't seem to be anything better for them to do......but what's the point? Both tag team titles are currently on Raw, and there is a severe lack of tag team competition on SmackDown! or ECW.

Personally, I'd love to see Gabriel/Birchill team start out similar to how Head Cheese started.....remember Head Cheese? Al Snow and Steve Blackman? Blackman was a no-nonsense badass, Snow was a nutjob. Snow was always trying to get Blackman to loosen up. Hell, Rosey (formally of 3 Minute Warning) went from badass to Hurri-side kick.

So why couldn't Gabriel/Birchill work the same way? We know Birchill has personality (thanks to his pirate days), and Gabriel has a fantastic gimmick (IMO), they'd just need the right storyline to set them up.

I like this idea. To be honest if you've got talented guys with nothing to do, why not stick them in a team? The new Hart faction are going to need something to do.

It is just a gimmick. How hard has it ever been for the WWE to just change gimmicks for someone no matter how bad they. Look at Helms he was a superhero, and now he is just something more realistic.

Picture this, in the middle of Paul's bashing of the Hart family, the British Bulldog, the British Bulldogs, and the DH Smith out comes Gabriel dancing his way to the ring. Interupting Paul who looks pissed. Gabriel continues his dance for about 30 more seconds or so, and then out comes DH Smith running the ring. Smith does the head first slide in to the ring, stands up ready to get in to Paul's face when out of no where Gabriel nails him with a pair of brass knuckles. They pound on Smith who is split wide open.

They take the flag of England, and more importantly the British, and rub Smith's face in it. Gabriel gets on the mic, and declares that it's *****es like Smith who give their great country a tarnished name. He goes on to say that this isn't about "nationalism", but about winning, dominating all who stand, and establishing themselves as the very best tag team to ever grace the center of a wrestling ring.

No, they don't need to come down to the ring with flags as that would just be to typical of thing to do. I wouldn't want this tag team's focus of gimmick be primarily "Us v.s them" thing. We don't need another USA v.s UK thing anymore they are so 90's. Just a tough, hard-nosed, tag team who happen to have an english accent.

That certainly would be awesome, it'd be good to have a British team that doesn't have the sandwich munching Earl Grey sipping quality of Regal. I'm British, and I find that stereotype is really outdated but somehow accepted as gospel truth. It'd be interesting if they said true Brits know how to fight, not in the dungeon but in the streets. It'd draw plenty of heat from fans of the Hart family and their legacy, and establish them as a British team with a hard edge instead of that tired Regal formula. Its quite funny really, Regal hails from Blackpool, England and acts sophisticated when the town is like a 3rd rate British Las Vegas full of tack, a half decent amusement park, and a bunch of overpriced hotels... and a sewage infested water supply. So it'd be better to see a more rounded view of Britain through Burchill and Gabriel.

While they may form a good tag team, what is the point of having a tag team on ECW when there are no other tag teams on ECW and no tag title for that brand. Miz and Morrison were unique in that they were pretty much featured on every brand.

While they may form a good tag team, what is the point of having a tag team on ECW when there are no other tag teams on ECW and no tag title for that brand. Miz and Morrison were unique in that they were pretty much featured on every brand.

The Colons are the Unified Tag Team Champions, which means that teams from all 3 brands could challenge them. Its a good idea and WWE can start to add some prestige back into the tag team division again. If its booked right you could have teams from all 3 brands wanting a title shot, and all dominating the other teams on their show, as well as having respective singles wins and losses against The Colons on Superstars. Each of the GM's could kayfabe book their top team to fight The Colons at the next PPV, only for Vince to book a fatal fourway with the top teams from each brand and The Colons.

They may work but I wouldnt bet on this happening. There would be no reason for it. I agree with you though in the fact that they could team really well, it's just that why would WWE stick them together, through WWE's eyes there would be no money in it and the crowd probably wouldnt give a shit. I don't think either can cut a decent promo so yeah... not sure.

I think I'm on the fence with this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back