Passing of the Torch...

chicagokmc

Getting Noticed By Management
I get a feeling that this Authority storyline will conclude at WrestleMania, but with that conclusion being Triple H vs. Randy Orton, with Orton getting the pin and getting the torch passed to him.

I think this because of all the little clues we've been getting with the current unification storyline...randy orton publicly commenting that he is greater than triple H and the wwe, cena making it a point to remind us that HHH brought Orton in mentored him, the fact that HHH is willing to get physical with his "face of the company" if the need arises (i.e. Stephanie appearing to be threatened) and HHH's general attitude toward orton of "we're good now because you're the best of our current options but you're replaceable if a better face of the franchise comes along". maybe there would even be a mchmahon schism here with steph supporting HHH and vince supporting Orton. it just seems like they are going with an uncomfortable "necessary evil" tension between Orton and the Authority that is on a slow burn to exploding.

We've had HHH/Orton before, but that was either with HHH leading Evolution's turn on Orton or with HHH/Michaels feuding with Orton/Rhodes/Dibiase. All of those battles usually ended with HHH on top. It would be a lot different seeing these two go at it now and would be great if Orton got the clean unquestioned pin.

A lot of time between now and WM and a lot would have to happen between now and then. Thoughts? I'm assuming that the WWE belts would not be a part of this and with Cena or Bryan.

i hope their idea isn't to have Orton actually replace Cena as the face of the company, I don't see that going over too well.

I get a feeling that this Authority storyline will conclude at WrestleMania, but with that conclusion being Triple H vs. Randy Orton, with Orton getting the pin and getting the torch passed to him.

What? How does Triple H pass the torch by getting pinned by Orton? If Orton had the torch passed to him he would be the COO of the WWE, that makes no sense

I think this because of all the little clues we've been getting with the current unification storyline...randy orton publicly commenting that he is greater than triple H and the wwe, cena making it a point to remind us that HHH brought Orton in mentored him, the fact that HHH is willing to get physical with his "face of the company" if the need arises (i.e. Stephanie appearing to be threatened) and HHH's general attitude toward orton of "we're good now because you're the best of our current options but you're replaceable if a better face of the franchise comes along". maybe there would even be a mchmahon schism here with steph supporting HHH and vince supporting Orton. it just seems like they are going with an uncomfortable "necessary evil" tension between Orton and the Authority that is on a slow burn to exploding.

We've had HHH/Orton before, but that was either with HHH leading Evolution's turn on Orton or with HHH/Michaels feuding with Orton/Rhodes/Dibiase. All of those battles usually ended with HHH on top. It would be a lot different seeing these two go at it now and would be great if Orton got the clean unquestioned pin.

A lot of time between now and WM and a lot would have to happen between now and then. Thoughts? I'm assuming that the WWE belts would not be a part of this and with Cena or Bryan.

I like the idea of an Orton/HHH bout at Wrestlemania but I doubt it will ever happen at Wrestlemania since they're building up Bryan and Punk as top faces in the company.

If anything, I see HHH kicking Orton out of The Authority if he was to lost his title to Punk/Bryan/whoever his Wrestlemania opponent is and somebody like Sheamus replaces him in The Authority and Sheamus or whoever the main event heel they want to push feud with Orton throughout the summer, then maybe a HHH/Orton match at Summerslam.

Simply HHH/Orton is not a WM match, more like Extreme Rules/Summerslam

If anything i could see the torch being passed from Vince to HHH/Steph as the face of the company in terms of ownership. Even tho Vince hasnt been on air much i could see them having a guy who Vince picks face HHH in a match with the winner taking sole control of WWE ( in storyline terms). This would mean save for very very rare events we wouldn't see Vince much anymore. In fact if i recall right there was a report within the past year saying Vince wanted to hand over more control over alot more control to HHH and his daughter after WM 30 so i dont know that Vince will be backstage nearly as much post WM. I mean he is getting old and he knows it.

I will be so upset if Triple H vs. Randy Orton actually happens at WrestleMania.

For this scenario to happen, either Triple H or Randy Orton needs to be a babyface. For a WrestleMania level match, they can't go into it as-is. Neither of them have heat. Triple H is the most boring, vanilla pseudo-heel I've seen in all my years as a fan. And I love Triple H, mind you, but his current character is just such a little bitch. "Oh, I'm not a real heel, I just make subtle, passive-aggressive decisions and condescendingly pretend I'm the good guy". It's bullshit. Nobody cares, because nobody has a reason to care.

End rant about that. Arriving at the point now. Randy Orton is the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion, which is supposed to be a big deal, but it feels like business as usual. There's no momentum behind his heel. That's largely because The Authority has no actually heat. They're not real heels. They haven't done anything really BAD in months. And when they do, they cover it up a week later and pretend it didn't happen.

What's my point? Unless they want to totally scrap the Authority angle, and turn Triple H babyface, this isn't going to work. Randy Orton as the babyface is 100x worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back