• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PART 3 of original Wrestlemania plans.

Toothlessagression1980

Occasional Pre-Show
I’ve done 2 of these already now I’m doing the third and final one because it’s always fun to go back and think what if.. so here we go.

Mr Perfect vs hogan. Wm 6. I think? Can’t remember but Hogan refused to job to perfect.

Seth Rollins vs hhh. Wrestlemania 32. Rollins ended up getting injured and reigns got his spot instead.

Bryan vs Sheamus vs orton
wrestlemania 28. You’ll see why orton was taken out of this match.. below

Kane vs Henry. Wm 28. Henry got injured and that left kane without an opponent so they decided to do kane vs orton which means orton was taken out of the triple threat.

Hhh vs rock vs Austin. Wm 17. There were talks of adding triple h to the match but it got scrapped and was decided to just stick with Austin and rock.

Wm 28. Barrett winning money in the bank. Barrett was booked to win it but he got injured and the whole match was eventually scrapped and replaced with team teddy vs team Johnny.

Beniot vs lesnar wm 19. this was the backup plan at the time because angle didn’t know if he was going to wrestle due to on going neck problems. Rumors were Beniot would have been the heel and would have eventually won the title on Smackdown only to lose it to Brock at wrestlemania.

Beniot vs triple h vs hbk. Ladder match wrestlemania 20. The idea for a ladder match was scrapped because they felt like just unhooking/grabbing the title wouldn’t have had an epic feel to it.

Hhh vs Austin wrestlemania 18. For the wwe title. Hhh would have been the babyface and Austin would have been the heel have no idea why this one was scrapped.

There were plans for edge to end undertakers streak at wrestlemania 24. Also Edge got injured in the summer of 2007 but before that the original idea was to have edge hold on to the title all the way until wrestlemania 24. Injures changed that and Instead we had to set through khali and Batista for months. Until edge made his triumph return at survivor series.

So there you go that’s my final edition of original wrestlemania plans.

AUSTIN/H3 @WM18 was scrapped the nite after WM17 when H3 convinced VKM to do the 2 Man Power Trip Angle instead oF turning Babyface that nite and attacking AUSTIN after his cage match w/ROCK. H3 is ALOT of things but he's no dummy. HE knew that the chances foR the fans to cheer him in a Program w/AUSTIN were impossible.
It's a shame BC the fans were Ready for a H3 Babyface turn which was evident by the reaction he got the nite after WM17... But H3 knew HE couldn't do it and HE wasn't going to be able to have an excuse as to why HE couldn't get OVER...

I’ve done 2 of these already now I’m doing the third and final one because it’s always fun to go back and think what if.. so here we go.

Mr Perfect vs hogan. Wm 6. I think? Can’t remember but Hogan refused to job to perfect.

Seth Rollins vs hhh. Wrestlemania 32. Rollins ended up getting injured and reigns got his spot instead.

Bryan vs Sheamus vs orton
wrestlemania 28. You’ll see why orton was taken out of this match.. below

Kane vs Henry. Wm 28. Henry got injured and that left kane without an opponent so they decided to do kane vs orton which means orton was taken out of the triple threat.

Hhh vs rock vs Austin. Wm 17. There were talks of adding triple h to the match but it got scrapped and was decided to just stick with Austin and rock.

Wm 28. Barrett winning money in the bank. Barrett was booked to win it but he got injured and the whole match was eventually scrapped and replaced with team teddy vs team Johnny.

Beniot vs lesnar wm 19. this was the backup plan at the time because angle didn’t know if he was going to wrestle due to on going neck problems. Rumors were Beniot would have been the heel and would have eventually won the title on Smackdown only to lose it to Brock at wrestlemania.

Beniot vs triple h vs hbk. Ladder match wrestlemania 20. The idea for a ladder match was scrapped because they felt like just unhooking/grabbing the title wouldn’t have had an epic feel to it.

Hhh vs Austin wrestlemania 18. For the wwe title. Hhh would have been the babyface and Austin would have been the heel have no idea why this one was scrapped.

There were plans for edge to end undertakers streak at wrestlemania 24. Also Edge got injured in the summer of 2007 but before that the original idea was to have edge hold on to the title all the way until wrestlemania 24. Injures changed that and Instead we had to set through khali and Batista for months. Until edge made his triumph return at survivor series.

So there you go that’s my final edition of original wrestlemania plans.

Mr Perfect was NEVER wrestling Hogan at Wrestlemania 6, Ultimate Warrior was always Vince's plan for Mania 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back