• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Paige - WWE's first duel women's champion?

zones.

Dark Match Winner
The title may be incorrect, maybe there was a woman/diva before her to hold two women's belts that I'm forgetting. (Mulah?) But I digress, my point here is simple... Do you see Paige being the true answer to the divas division? AJ is still the best thing smoking in women's wrestling so what are everyone's view on Paige?

Personally, I like her. Watched a bit of her on nxt and she's kept me entertained. I think as long as she stays involved with AJ and the two are booked correctly (good luck with that) then they can work a very good angle.

Your thoughts?

Technically, wouldn't the person who won the unification match be the first? I don't remember who that was, sorry.

After looking it up, it was Michelle McCool...shows how much I actually pay attention to the majority of divas...

Michelle McCool unified the Divas and Women's titles so she was the first that I can remember. As far as Paige uh she's useful I guess but all the other Divas were jobbed out to AJ yesterday so after they have a feud there's not many choices to go with. I wish Naomi had won it too it's a shame that the recklessness of Aksana cost her the chance to be champ. Aksana should be sent back to NXT.

Michelle McCool unified the Divas and Womens Championships. This wasnt a unification match, making Paige the first woman to be a "dual" WWE Champion.

Where they go from here I am not quite sure. Given NXTs schedule, Paige could theoretically run with both Championships, but Id assume more than likely she has to vacate the NXT title.

She got a big pop. If they really want decent womens wrestling, Paige is the one to carry that banner.

Lol well thank the 3 of you for pointing out Michelle McCool. I completely forgot that there was a women's and divas champ at the same time way back when. I thought they just replaced the belt all together. And thank you Caldwell for noting the difference... And pointing out my spelling error in which I am too lazy to correct.

Moving along, last night was horrid as far as the divas go. I don't understand why they would have AJ make Naomi tap of all the divas in that match, completely killed it for me. I guess that's more of less why I'm hoping Paige can bring a spark here. Of course its been pointed out that she has nowhere to go after this, IF its even considered a feud, BUT I wouldn't be surprised if booking doesn't have Paige near AJ again at all after this. if they completely swept this under the rug and pretended Paige found the belt in the trash or something it wouldnt surprise me at all.

Paige is basically a more palletable MsChif, except they didn't show any of that tonight which was really confusing. Is it possible to push and bury someone at the exact same time? I'm glad she is getting such a quick push but they stripped her of all personality to do it.

Paige is basically a more palletable MsChif, except they didn't show any of that tonight which was really confusing. Is it possible to push and bury someone at the exact same time? I'm glad she is getting such a quick push but they stripped her of all personality to do it.

Sure the hell did. I can't say iv seem A LOT of Paige, but iv seen enough to feel like the whole "I'm not ready" thing was way out of character. Hell, her look doesn't even seem like a woman who would back down at all.

They do what best for divas division. Paige is good choice.
aj lee is only famous for her crazy look and story with main eventers. She is average divas champion. She only does few moves and skip around the ring and then apply black widow. At wm she cheat the refree by tapping noami hands. I dont know why all the divas are lift aj while she lock the black widow.

Paige is fantastic. Ive watched her fluently in her whole time in NXT and loved every minute. I'm amazed they gave her the diva's title so soon but she will carry that and look great doing so.

I think we'll see AJ and Paige strike up a Trish/Lita styled rivalry, as they can both go in the ring and can both cut decent promos.

On NXT, Charlotte will win the title from Paige in the next set of tapings. She has a storyline set up where she's set to take it, so it'll be Charlotte's turn next, allowing Paige to take RAW by the horns.

AJ Lee just got BURIED. Let that statement sink in for a moment or two ..

Okay, let's continue.
These two divas are extremely talented. AJ Lee can wrestle and she is good on the mic. Paige is a really good technician as well. This MAY be a great build-up to a rivalry between the two, if WWE plays their cards right. But lets be honest, any debut competitor winning a title either puts a rocketship up their butts, or buries the latter. In this case, it may be both. Paige was the most talented diva in NXT. She is probably the third or second best in my opinion on the Divas roster. The rest are jokes. ESPECIALLY THE BELLA TWINS. Paige will have been a great champion either ways. At least AJ didn't lose it at Wrestlemania to that lame-ass match. When i was watching this match begin, I expected the ANGLE-JOHN CENA debut match to happen. A cocky veteran gets served by a talented newcomer and doesn't win the match, but wins the crowd and locker room over. This was just plain burial because AJ Lee is associated with CM Punk. There is no other reason, oh, other than Bellas using their influence backstage (being the partners of John Cena and Daniel Bryan) to say they want AJ buried.

Paige's out of character "timidness" can easily be explained away as suckering AJ in. You all knew the second she waived CM Punk's rock around she was going to lose that title ugly.

That said, how long until they really screw up Paige, like they screwed up Emma, like theyve screwed up everyone.

Maybe the whole "not ready" thing was meant more as a respect thing and not a fight thing. Maybe it was like "I'm not ready to fight, because I only came out here to congratulate you.

Paige is friggin smokin hot and honestly thats about 80 percent in getting over in the Diva's division nowadays (might not be a popular opinion but its fact... Aksana, Summer Rae, etc.) Add in the fact that she can actually wrestle and that's all you need to be a good Diva's champion.

Personally I'm really hoping this AJ-Paige thing is a career-long rivalry like Trish-Lita and that they can finally breathe some life into the Diva's divison.
On a side note, I would pay money to see a bra and panties match between AJ, Paige, and Summer Rae over a match between Randy Orton and Batista any day of the week

They do what best for divas division. Paige is good choice.
aj lee is only famous for her crazy look and story with main eventers. She is average divas champion. She only does few moves and skip around the ring and then apply black widow. At wm she cheat the refree by tapping noami hands. I dont know why all the divas are lift aj while she lock the black widow.

you seem like the type to nitpick every scene in a crowded movie theater, my friend. ill tell you just as my mother used to tell me. "its not real life, watch it and enjoy it. if ur gonna ask questions then cut the shit off and ask yourself why you didnt watch it".

not to sound rude, lol but thats serious. however, as far as AJ "making" Naomi tap as you are actually trying to say, she did not. Naomi was tapping with both hands at the same time, why? well shes still a bit green and common sense didnt tell her shes not supposed to move the arm that AJ is applying pressure to. that small detail was her fault, it wasnt anything on AJ. but if you are so lowly on AJ then please, tell me what female entertainer is equal to her in skill? because i dont see any others on WWEs roster. Natti is good, Naomi is ok, and so on. nobody is as good as AJ though, especially not those damn Bellas.

AJ Lee just got BURIED.

This was just plain burial because AJ Lee is associated with CM Punk. There is no other reason, oh, other than Bellas using their influence backstage (being the partners of John Cena and Daniel Bryan) to say they want AJ buried.

WAIT. What?!
Wow, just wow. Someone loses a match and it's considered a burial. Because she lost to a new talent, quickly? Maybe...JUST MAYBE, this is to set up a STORYLINE?! You know, those things that WWE have to set up to keep in business?

AJ has been UNBEATABLE. She has defied the odds and won EVERYTHING. GOD, If AJ was to be punished for being with Punk, she'd of been stripped of the title the week after he left. Instead she's remained champ and looked great being champ.

A 245 day reign is NO burial. A match to set up a storyline for the FIRST DIVAS MATCH that almost ANYONE will care about since Trish/Lita is NO burial.

now thats how to make a debut! paige is awesome and i just hope they give her some decent match time in future and not the usual 3 minute diva matches. she is the best female wrestler in wwe and hopefully she'll get to show that. shame tonights match was really quick but am sure they'll have a few decent matches as aj will get her re-match so hopefully that will give paige a chance to show what she can really do in the ring.

Paige is fantastic. Ive watched her fluently in her whole time in NXT and loved every minute. I'm amazed they gave her the diva's title so soon but she will carry that and look great doing so.

I think we'll see AJ and Paige strike up a Trish/Lita styled rivalry, as they can both go in the ring and can both cut decent promos.

On NXT, Charlotte will win the title from Paige in the next set of tapings. She has a storyline set up where she's set to take it, so it'll be Charlotte's turn next, allowing Paige to take RAW by the horns.

id love to see that. hell, id have been happy if they laid the groundwork for a Trish/Mickie style fued honestly. and Charlotte is a waste in my eyes. if daddy didnt have her back, i think shed be scraps.

AJ Lee just got BURIED. Let that statement sink in for a moment or two ..

Okay, let's continue.
These two divas are extremely talented. AJ Lee can wrestle and she is good on the mic. Paige is a really good technician as well. This MAY be a great build-up to a rivalry between the two, if WWE plays their cards right. But lets be honest, any debut competitor winning a title either puts a rocketship up their butts, or buries the latter. In this case, it may be both. Paige was the most talented diva in NXT. She is probably the third or second best in my opinion on the Divas roster. The rest are jokes. ESPECIALLY THE BELLA TWINS. Paige will have been a great champion either ways. At least AJ didn't lose it at Wrestlemania to that lame-ass match. When i was watching this match begin, I expected the ANGLE-JOHN CENA debut match to happen. A cocky veteran gets served by a talented newcomer and doesn't win the match, but wins the crowd and locker room over. This was just plain burial because AJ Lee is associated with CM Punk. There is no other reason, oh, other than Bellas using their influence backstage (being the partners of John Cena and Daniel Bryan) to say they want AJ buried.

you upset me with your proclamation of a burial of AJ, however, you gained my respect with a common dislike of the bellas. you, sir, can be my friend.

She's not, Michelle McCool Unified the Divas and Women's title (then then retired the Women's title) but what a Debut. When I heard the scream I knew she was getting the Gail Kim treatment and winning the title on her first night on the main roster. AJ literally just beat the entire main roster in a single match, so it had to be Paige to end her historic reign with some history of her own.

AJ Lee just got BURIED. Let that statement sink in for a moment or two.

LOL no. That's not what burying is. AJ put Paige over and the feud between them would make the division relevant again. Although WWE took their own sweet time getting around to doing something like this.

Anywho, Paige is definitely not the first duel women's champion of any type. Although she's probably the first in recent memory to be in a major promotion... however it's not like WWE casuals actually care about what happens in the WWE training league.

WAIT. What?!
Wow, just wow. Someone loses a match and it's considered a burial. Because she lost to a new talent, quickly? Maybe...JUST MAYBE, this is to set up a STORYLINE?! You know, those things that WWE have to set up to keep in business?

AJ has been UNBEATABLE. She has defied the odds and won EVERYTHING. GOD, If AJ was to be punished for being with Punk, she'd of been stripped of the title the week after he left. Instead she's remained champ and looked great being champ.

A 245 day reign is NO burial. A match to set up a storyline for the FIRST DIVAS MATCH that almost ANYONE will care about since Trish/Lita is NO burial.

well... to be completely fair, shes been closer to WINLESS over the past few months lol.

Paige's out of character "timidness" can easily be explained away as suckering AJ in. You all knew the second she waived CM Punk's rock around she was going to lose that title ugly.

That said, how long until they really screw up Paige, like they screwed up Emma, like theyve screwed up everyone.

thats my question for the most part. im hoping it doesnt happen, but does anyone here have any faith in wwe creative? of course not... thats one reason why were here.

now thats how to make a debut! paige is awesome and i just hope they give her some decent match time in future and not the usual 3 minute diva matches. she is the best female wrestler in wwe and hopefully she'll get to show that. shame tonights match was really quick but am sure they'll have a few decent matches as aj will get her re-match so hopefully that will give paige a chance to show what she can really do in the ring.

yea im sure this was just a setup for the next 4 weeks. im sure AJ will throw a fit next week and go all demented again, we may even get one of her fiancees pipe bombs out of her again.

She's not, Michelle McCool Unified the Divas and Women's title (then then retired the Women's title) but what a Debut. When I heard the scream I knew she was getting the Gail Kim treatment and winning the title on her first night on the main roster. AJ literally just beat the entire main roster in a single match, so it had to be Paige to end her historic reign with some history of her own.

4th person to point that out... thank you as well.

lol... Gail Kim, ahh. canadians.

anyway, yea what a way to instantly brand a new alpha-bitch right? "i beat every one of you at the same time, but the new girl just beat me in 28 seconds". smh... hopefully it works out good for the both of them doe.

Wow, I didn't watch Raw yet but I think Paige is probably the best diva on the roster. I thought that either Naomi or Tamina was going to win the Divas Invitation match. Her vs Natalya or AJ in a submission match would be cool though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back