• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pacman Turned Away By The CFL

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Reports had come out, linking Adam "Pacman" Jones to the Winnipeg team of the CFL. Everyone said this could be a real shot at Jones getting back into the NFL, and that if he plays well, he could essentially restart his career. John Clayton, of ESPN, even said that it would be smart for Jones to sign in Canada.

Well, last night, or early this morning, the Winnipeg team turned down the chance to sign him. They said they wanted someone who would be a good for the team, on and off the field. Clearly, they have no faith that Jones has grown up, and they also think he won't be effective on the field.

I think that Jones still has a chance in the NFL, because someone can always use a returner, and it hasn't been that long since he last played. Your thoughts?

I think that Pac-Man should go to the UFL. If not Canada's football league, then why not go back to the minors, Pac-Man? J.P. Losman, the former Buffalo Bills QB, just signed with Las Vegas. Of course, he's not making it "rain" at strip clubs while wrestling in TNA.

Michael Vick was reportedly going to spend time there too, but I don't know if that's the case. Anyways, Pac-Man is a good talent with character issues. He can return punts and be a good cornerback, but when his behavior becomes erratic, then he becomes a problem. That's why Winnipeg pulled their offer back.

Pacman probably will be going the UFL or is football career is over, and he has only himself to blame. He has been given several chances and just never got it right, and now he is paying for it. He had millions of dollars left on his contract only to ruin it all.

One thing for sure I will not be missing Pacman

Well, the word here in the 'Peg is that the owners didn't even look at his record or anything like that. Apparently Jones posted a video online that stated his intentions to leave the Blue Bombers as soon as the NFL called his number again. He also didn't even seem to know which League he was going to as he initially said in the video he was going to the UFL and then corrected himself mid video after receiving a phone call from a friend who contacted him to correct his error. This did not exactly ingratiate him with the management of the club and negotiations were severed.

I can see the reason why the CFL would turn Pacman away. I believe he still has the talent but he has to get his life in order first before someone gives him a chance. He still has those old tendencies and he has to get rid of him before he puts himself or others in danger. If he stays out of trouble for a while, then I can see a NFL team picking him up.

I like the idea of him going to the UFL. Sure, it isn't big time by any means, but if they were going to allow Vick to play, then surely he'd get a roster spot. He's still a fairly good player, and could showcase his talents against lesser opponents while waiting for the NFL to come knocking. Even if he never steps on the field as a DB, he can still work somewhere as a decent return option. Who knows, this could turn his entire career around...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back