P.s.p.

You Decide: PSP?

• PlayStation Portable

• Piece of Shit Player

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
PlayStation Portable or Piece of Shit Player?

So I've considered massively breaking down and buying one because I really want Final Fantasy: Crisis Core, however the thing is most of them are still in the $169.95-199.95 range. And I'm unconvinced that they're truly worth anything over $100.00.

Now the regular P.S.P. without anything extra is $169.95. However I've recently found out if you want to save any amount of game playing then you'll need to buy something called a memory stick? Which those I've been told can range from $40.00-70.00.

However, the bundle package which is $199.95 comes with Dexter, a memory stick, and the Family Guy movie. (pretty nice package, except I don't want Dexter) All in all, if I buy one soon it'll be this one simply because of the stick being included, however I'd like some opinion from those who own a P.S.P.

Originally I wanted to purchase one strictly for Madden when I found out in the Madden games you could have Practice Squads. That blew my mind. But the thing thats always hung me up is..

A.) Its nothing more than a handheld game system.
B.) Its expensive for what it is.
C.) They try to play off incredible PS like graphics, but are they really? I've seen some horrible graphics on this thing.

Overall, I think I'd only ultimately use it for taking trips, or having to wait forever during appointments (such as doctor app.) so is it worth buying, or not? Overall Feedback, both great & bad reviews on P.S.P.'s is what I'm looking for. Please and Thank You.

I own a PSP and overall i am pleased with it and i would recommend them, however they are not without there flaws.

First of all the system itself is very good imo it has a a lot of features for a hand held system which increase its value. for instance it has a decent web browser and the ability to play music and video. these features mean that my PSP can keep me entertained for long periods of time without even playing a game. however if you want to make the most of these features you're gonna need a big memory stick, you did not specify the size of the memory stick that you get with that package but i would suggest getting the biggest one possible as this means you can carry more music/movies with you. As far as graphics are concerned i think they are very good, most games look very nice and the screen is amazing for a hand held.

the major problem i have had with my PSP is the lack of quality games. the only games that i really thought i got my moneys worth are:
both GTA's, Syphon Filter:dark mirror and Metal Gear Solid portable ops.
however this may just be my opinion as different people enjoy different games and you did mention Final Fantasy, which i don't really like, but there are lots of Final Fantasy games available for the PSP so if you like them it would be a good console to buy.

So in conclusion i think you should by a PSP because if you are ever out of the house and bored it will do a good job of keeping you entertained.

will, you know you can mod your psp and download final fantasy for free, so it is worth it i moded mine and it works like a treat, its a great little hand held and first and foremost its a games console one of the best on the market me thinks

We got the kids one for Christmas, and I'm pretty damn impressed with it. As said, you need to invest in the biggest memory stick you can find. If you ahve a PS3 you can remotely hook the two together.

As far as the games go, the good ones look to be coming out. You have Crisis Core and God Of War that just came out, and both look amazing. I'm pretty pleased with it so far. It beats the DS by a mile.

I had one, I sold it. I mean I'm not going to rip it to shreds as it is a amazing peice of equipment to be honest. The things it can do and the games that are any good on it aren't just good, they're great. Just there was one problem with it I couldn't get over.

Why would you want those games?

What I mean is, you have this PSP that plays amazing games like GTA:VCS right, that can go on for hours and hours. But, why would you want to? If I have hours and hours to spare, surely I'd wanna play it on my PS3 or Xbox 360? If I have time in that abundance to spare on a game, I'd rather boot up Baldurs Gate on my PC and get into that. I couldn't justify being at home and playing this little hand held console whose graphics, while good, aren't everything they're cracked up to be.

My answer? I bought a Nintendo DS.

See, I'm on the bus alot or the train alot where I'll have 30-90mins tops. Mario Kart or Super Mario Brothers, or Wario Ware, or a dozen DS games are so much better and, for me at least, more fun than the PSP ones. The PSP has in depth games with huge stories but you know what? I don't care. I want something I can pick up and play for 30mins and not feel "crap I can't turn it off before a save point without losing all this hard work" because lets face it, who couldn't play mario on the same levels again for 30mins? They're just so simple and fun. Also, the cartridges save their own games. No stick needed.

So here's my look at it matey. If you have a PS3 as well, look at the PSP as the things they can do together are brilliant, almost worth it for that alone. If you don't, get a DS.

Iscy

To clearify, the Dexter bundle package that also comes with the Family Guy movie and the memory stick, the stick is 1 GB. I decided to check out how much regular memory sticks are, and the only ones Wal*Mart sell are 2 GB sticks that are $49.95. (holy crap)

I've come to the decision that I'll likely buy one because even the Wife agrees that it'd be worth $200.00 alone with all the doctor's visits we attend and the countless hours we waste just sitting in a waiting room. Its something that we could also buy a couple cartoon movies for the daughter on, during road trips, so the passenger and daughter can be entertained, while the driver suffers. :lmao:

Overall, I'm still not sold on it being $200.00 but I do like the idea of being able to have it to cure a small piece of bordom whenever I'm waiting for an appointment, or if for whatever reason I'm not driving, yet going on a long trip.

Furthermore, I think the only games I'd end up buying for it, would end up being Madden & Final Fantasy. I looked at GTA but I just can't get over the purpose of buying that game for that system, when the graphics look similar on regular PS2. (I have an xbox 360, no PS3)

It really depends on your preference. If you want Final Fantasy definatly go with the PSP over DS. PSP has much better games geared to a more mature audience with games like GTA. Sports games are also much better on the PSP then say the DS. Now Personally I prefer the DS, but when the PSP was first launched I liked that more. Reason being there really hasn't been much in the way of good games coming out recently for the PSP.

The PSP I feel is awesome for an all in one entertainment system. Yes the memory sticks are a little pricy, but you can do basically whatever you want with it. My friend has modded his to play SNES and N64 games as well as PS2 games. I have a PS3 and the two of them work wonders together as well. If your looking for an overall media thing that plays games, music, and movies definatly go with the PSP, It's a great system if you take advantage of all it has to offer. If your looking for straight gaming though... Go with the DS, though the games are a little less mature, they tend to be much more addicting..

To clearify, the Dexter bundle package that also comes with the Family Guy movie and the memory stick, the stick is 1 GB. I decided to check out how much regular memory sticks are, and the only ones Wal*Mart sell are 2 GB sticks that are $49.95. (holy crap)

I've come to the decision that I'll likely buy one because even the Wife agrees that it'd be worth $200.00 alone with all the doctor's visits we attend and the countless hours we waste just sitting in a waiting room. Its something that we could also buy a couple cartoon movies for the daughter on, during road trips, so the passenger and daughter can be entertained, while the driver suffers. :lmao:

Overall, I'm still not sold on it being $200.00 but I do like the idea of being able to have it to cure a small piece of bordom whenever I'm waiting for an appointment, or if for whatever reason I'm not driving, yet going on a long trip.

Furthermore, I think the only games I'd end up buying for it, would end up being Madden & Final Fantasy. I looked at GTA but I just can't get over the purpose of buying that game for that system, when the graphics look similar on regular PS2. (I have an xbox 360, no PS3)

go on amazon, they do memory sticks 4gb for 20 dollars, also as i said before you can mod it i can walk you through it so you wont have to buy another game, your choice though

When it comes to handhelds for me its the PSP hands down! DS has a few good games but other than that it has no interest for me yet the PSP i have used more than anything, i would take it to work with me and either play games (psp,snes.megadrive,nes,arcade games, n64 ect) watch movies and whole tv/anime shows (my record was wathcing around 10-12 anime eps in 1 day at work :D), read comics and manga with pspviewer (great program), listen to music. All this on a nice, big screen!

Pretty much anything i would want to do i can with the PSP so for me the DS never has a chance and with games like GOW,FFCC, Tekken, monster hunter 1+2 and a load more it doesnt look like things will change.

Couldnt be happier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back