• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Overlooked Last Night: Brodus' Promotion

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Last night saw the return of A-Train as Lord Tensai and the huge return of Brock Lesnar. We also saw Rock talk about wanting the WWE Title. However there was something else last night which we haven't really talked about much.

Since Brodus Clay debuted as the Funkasaurus, I don't think he's had a match last longer than two and a half minutes. That's fine for awhile, but at some point he had to be given something to do. Well last night that happened, as Brodus saved Santino from a beatdown at the hands of Swagger and Ziggler, even headbutting Ziggler in the chest and staring down Swagger. This was accompanied by a HUGE Funkasaurus chant from the crowd who was eating this stuff up. It seems that Brodus has moved up the card after months of crushing jobbers.

What do you think of Brodus moving up the card, what do you think of his new probably feud, what do you think of his potential partnership with Santino, and what do you think of anything else related to this that you can think of?

I think Ziggler sold that giant headbutt of justice like a champ!!!!!

It'll be good to see Brodus have an actual fued to see how well the crowd will react to him when he's not just squashing jobbers. I think he's got all the tools to be a good enough mid-carder and the crowd were definitely excited for him, and i'm kind of looking forward to see how this develops. However with the depth Raw's roster has right now it looks like he's going to have to go over Ziggler and Swagger, something I don't really want. But then again those two have just been completely buried over the last few months lol.

OMG.....he is so over and so is Santino. Wanna really have some fun, take the US Title off Santino, give it to someone else and have a Santino - Funk Tag Team and give them those belts. The US Title really doesn't do anything for Santino. He's over without it.

OMG.....he is so over and so is Santino. Wanna really have some fun, take the US Title off Santino, give it to someone else and have a Santino - Funk Tag Team and give them those belts. The US Title really doesn't do anything for Santino. He's over without it.

I actually think that's a great idea. Would be soo entertaining. Plus we might see more tag-team championship matches cause they are really over atm.

This is a decent possibility. The tag team championship has become so irrelevant, though there's ALWAYS going to be people out there saying it "devalues it" and other crap along those lines, that this would only help put it in the spotlight. Santino is extremely over and is on TV pretty much every episode of Raw and Smackdown. It would also help put Funkasaurus over more. Yes, they'd be more comedy matches, but look at how most Santino tag teams have gone: Santino starts the match, gets beat up for awhile, tags in his usually much more powerful tag team partner who dominates briefly before Santino gets the hot tag for the huge pop and wins the match. It's simple, easy and gets both members a good pop. Plus in this case it would give Brodus Clay someone to wrestle for more than a minute. If their program at the least starts with Ziggler and Swagger there's no doubt they will have real matches and not squashes.

I'm very happy to see that they are gonna be putting Brodus into an actual feud now. He is very over with the crowd right now and I much much prefer him over Santino.

The FunkaTino tag team would be great entertainment value and seems like a natural use of both guys.

Shift the US title to someone else and have them beat Swaggler at the next PPV setting them on the road to the tag titles.

Yes,this is a great thread. I was quite excited to see Brodus Clay do something other than the T-Rex hands and jiggle. It's good to see that the WWE are giving Santino and Brodus a more serious edge instead of them just being comic relief. A team of Santino and Brodus should entertain the crowd to no end and is believable as a force in the tag team division. Besides,this scenario seems to be leading to one destination: An eventual Brodus Clay heel turn where he ditches the Funkasaurus gimmick for something serious,which is what every smark wants,right?

So it seems like there's going to be 2 new tag teams: Brodus/Santino and Ziggler/Swagger. Great news for the tag team division. I'd rather see the tag titles on either team than on Epico and Primo. How dare those two make Rosa Mendes boring?

Since Brodus Clay debuted as the Funkasaurus, I don't think he's had a match last longer than two and a half minutes.

It's perplexing, trying to figure out how WWE wants to use him. They keep him off TV for a long time after his association with Alberto Del Rio. Then, they bring him back with an "entertainment" gimmick that requires him to dance, rather than wrestle. Then, surprisingly, they take him off TV again, having decided his ring work is below par. Finally, they bring him back to TV but give him dance routines, interrupted by 45-second spots that actually require him to wrestle......and I use the term loosely. Why take him off TV to learn to work in the ring if they're not requiring him to wrestle, anyway?

At WM, they have Brodus make the rescue for Santino, but rather than having Clay appear as a fierce threat who kicks and punches his way to the save, he uses head butts and belly-bumps. If that's not enough to set Brodus up as less than a threatening presence, they complete the routine with more dancing.....and an apparent teaming of Brodus Clay with the Clown Prince of WWE. I'm not sure I get it; do they want to cast Brodus as an unstoppable monster.....or a court jester?

It seems Brodus Clay's time has arrived to make more of an impact than dancing and squash matches. That's okay, but I hope Creative can make him a lot more threatening and a little less circus act.

They need to stop doing the full song and dance routine every time.

It was good when he came out to save Santino, but the overly long dance number after it was unecessary. Just having him actually in a feud and helping Santino (couple with the master selling of Ziggler) was all that was needed.

Clay's segment during WM28 was before the Main Event.

His segment was after the other 3 title matches on the card, AFTER the HIAC Match, and right before the Main Event of Rock vs Cena.

Id say someone in the back has love for Clay, and that its only a matter of time before he gets a big(ger) push. I thought he was a heel, but him squaring off against Swagger or Ziggler might actually be a good thing because he'll get a chance to show off more of his move set and character.

Clay should be a middle card champion by Summer Slam

Did you SEE the amazing bump and sell Ziggs did he jumped in the air at Brodus then got headbutted and flew back like he got hit by a mack truck. I had a "HOLY SHIT" moment. Brodus showed emotion and it was awsome Swagger looked like he pissed himself. Santino dancing was epic and the 2 on one match wasn't half bad all three did a really good job telling a story in the ring.

I think this maybe a good move for Brodus to aline himself with Santino and make a tag team of Santisaurus and hopefully aim for the tag team belts. Personally I'm not a big fan of Brodus Clay or his gimmick but for his career which to me hasn't really gone anywhere, forming a tag team would be a good move for him.

I hope it's going to be a great thing for Brodus. When Brodus first debut as the funkasaurous, I turned to my friend and said: " He should partner with Santino". I think they can be a great comedy tag team that can push Brodus over with the crowd like last night. Plus, Ziggler and Swagger are a great first fued for the man.

It is great that they have given Brodus a story. Him and Santino would be a good comedy team and could have a few funny segments. Also, tagging Funk with a very over wrestler would help him get better reactions.

I really hope that they don't have him attack Santino and turn heel. WWE already has many monsters (Henry/Kane/Tensai/Brock) and adding one more to that list would be pointless. He should continue dancing and fooling around.

i liked seeing this too but im not sure its exactly a new fued id love to see this be his new fued as working with ziggler and swagger would be great for him but besides a probable tag team match next week on raw with ziggler and swagger facing santino and brodus i dont know what more wwe has planned for this maybe brodus will face them both 1 on 1 once or twice idk but im intersted here

It's good for what it is. I don't think Brodus Clay will ever reach anything huge with his current gimmick, but he can certainly be on the level of Santino Marella, so this works. Santino and Brodus could be a great combination, the crowd absolutely loves them -- this seems like a fine match. It's also good to see Brodus Clay moving on past guys like Curt Hawkins and getting someone like Jack Swagger, although I do not think Dolph Ziggler should be anywhere near this feud. Ziggler is a far above this, he was working with the WWE Champion CM Punk a while back; I don't understand why he should be fed to the comedy troupe of Santino Marella and Brodus Clay. Then again, what else is there for him to be doing right now -- this is probably just a holdover until the draft.

There's nothing overly special about this, but I'm happy that Clay's actually got something to do now. I'm excited to see how he'll do in an extended feud, how he'll be in the ring, and so on. The pairing with Santino's also got some real potential and I could honestly see them challenging for the tag team titles sometime soon.

I noticed this as well. I think it was going to happen after 'mania. They didn't want to wast TV time before 'mania with Brodus, so now is the perfect time for him to get into his stride.

I thought it might be a Brodus - Laurinitis thing, more so than Brodus Ziggler/Swagger. He'd resent Laurinitis for giving his team special treatment, whislt putting Brodus' debut off or so long. Or maybe that's Brodus' reason for going after Ziggler and Swagger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back