Other PPV Ideas

AdamDevine

Dark Match Winner
Just an easy question. If Destination X goes well, would you like to see a PPV strickly with tag-teams or Knockouts? TNA could bring in Knockout's and teams from all over the world. Who would you like to see them bring in? Can you imagine a hardcore Knockouts match with some of those ladies from the Asian promotions?! Holy crap!

eh to be honest as much as i love seeing the knockouts i dont want them to have their own ppv and as far as a whole ppv for tag teams.....while i LOVE tag team wrestling i just dont think it would b too good and i cant see either one drawing ppv buys so im gonna say no to both ideas im still hoping the X Divison doesnt die again after sunday

You'd be lucky to pull off an all-tag or all-Knockout episode of "iMPACT!" without it flopping, so that's a big "HELL NO" to the PPV notion. You have to remember that the cable shows bring in ad revenue based on a contract, not the ratings. PPVs are reliant on the actual buys and viewership to generate a return and there's no chance that either of those shows would make enough money to justify the cost.

Now you might say, "what if the main eventers were tag teams for a night?" That's a valid point and it could be made to work, but it's very difficult. Going based off the current landscape, would a Main Event tag match of Sting/Angle vs. Anderson/Ray or even Anderson/Jarrett be a draw? You'd almost have to make it Anderson/Hogan to get people to buy, and even then it's a colossal risk because of how many of us don't really want to see Hogan in the ring anymore.

Now for you TNA purists, don't kid yourselves. Beer Money vs. MCMG or even Beer Money vs. Styles/Daniels isn't going to sell a PPV, either. It certainly isn't going to sell it to the level that it justifies putting your top stars and biggest storylines on the shelf for a night just to feature the tag division.

You might argue that if this is true for the tag teams, why isn't it true for the X-Division? Well, there's a huge difference. The X-Division is TNA's traditional trademark. You can sell it's return, and the return of the six-sided ring, as a one-night event to excite the loyal TNA followers. That is something uniquely special about TNA that garners interest and support. Tag team wrestling, while certainler superior in TNA than in the WWE, is not unique. Styles vs. Daniels, with the backdrop of the legacy of the X-Division and TNA's history, is a much more marketable event than the scenarios listed above for the tag teams.

Simply answering the OP's question: YES! I would love to SEE a PPV strictly of either tag teams or knockouts. TNA puts on exceptionally great matches in both of those categories. Would I buy a PPV like that? Probably not.

Rasha pretty much already said it. I think in a time when tag teams and woman's wrestling were relevant that they still probably would have had a hard time selling it. Nowadays, there is no PPV that's worth the money anyway.

Though, for the record, I'm really pulling for the Destination X PPV. Don't listen to the IWC. TNA is awesome. It's too bad that one of their finest PPV prospects of the year is stuck in the shadows of a [finally] compelling WWE PPV, Money in the Bank (starring Cookie Master Punk).

Maybe a Ladder match PPV. You have all the titles on the line in a Ladder match and for non-title matches you can have different objects hanging above like a Contract (maybe for #1 Contender) Ladder match, Flag Ladder match between two guys/teams from different countries. You could also have TLC matches and a King Of The Mountain match as the main event every year for the Ladder PPV.

I would suggest this for another companies promotion but WWE already has the TLC PPV and this PPV idea is something I could see TNA doing since they already have Lockdown and they like to repeat the same hardcore matches over & over again.

No I wouldn't like a tag team or ko ppv. I love both but 3 or 4 hours of either is too much. I don't think anyone would buy the PPV and I think it would be a bit boring for 3 or 4 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back