• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Original v. Cover: With a Little Help From My Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
A classic song off of one of the, if not greatest albums of all time. The Beatles were the kings of music, and that is hard to dispute. This song was just another one of their great songs in a string of great songs. Catchy, with a great chorus, matches with incredible verses. I can hardly find a fault with the song, except maybe it being underrated.

Now there is a Joe Cocker version of this song I guess. But Jake liked Joe Cocker. not Jake the poster, a guy in high school. And I fought that Bob Seger was better. So we will spite Jake now, so TAKE THAT BITCH.

Anyways, the cover I want to bring forth is actually a better version by far than the Beatles version. If you disagree with me, while reading this, you are wrong, and your mother was wrong to ever give birth to you. In fact, Shut up, cause you are wrong. Bitch.

The cover version I giv eyou is by the Right Honourable Stephen Harper, the Prime Minster of Canada, and you will call him your master, or he shall spite you. His cover was a poke at the Canadian Aristocrats. Not only did it make a man who was considered too stiff and unfriendly to be a leader seem to be the coolest cat in parliament, it also made him the most popular leader of Canada since Jean Chretien, who.. I can't lie, was the funniest man on earth.

Here it is, shut up and listen.

[YOUTUBE]shU3SpWAzR0[/YOUTUBE]

I am guessing that this thread is not about the song itself...

I know you probably have a huge emotional connection to this song, since you are Canadian and it is quite ground-breaking for the man as it established him as a leader that people could really relate to and no wonder. Not only was it a fine performance of the song, you could tell that it meant more to the people there than just a rendition of The Beatles Song. I agree with you though, I personally think that the cover version is slightly better. I am a huge fan of the Beatles and I am listening to their version of the song as I am typing this and I cannot seem to escape the fact that it seems lifeless and without emotion.

The cover version is quite unlike tat. It may be because of the crowd beeing part of the video and randomly cheering throughout but you could just tell that there was something a bit more to that version.

That's a nice cover and all TM...but, well, he's going against the Beatles. And he's going to lose that comparison 100 out of 100 times. The original is one of the Beatles very best songs in my opinion, so obviously some random mediocre cover isn't exactly going to be able to compete with the original.

Easily The Beatles here. If this were anything more than a joke thread, I'd be sorely disappointed in you TM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back