• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Original v. Cover: Dancing Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
I have no idea how I forgot this. I almost feel saddened that I haven't posted it sooner. This song is one of Led Zeppelin's relatively unknown gems. Everyone knows it, but no one remembers it until they hear it. Nothing about this song is close to bad. STP does justice with the cover, but like any band trying to re-do anything Zep does, it just falls short.

The Original: (There's no video for this song...ithe song is over midway through the video...

The Cover:

Weiland was probably doped out of his mind at this stage of his career, but it works because Plant probably was too. As I said before, I love both versions, but nothing compares to Zeppelin on their own material.

I like STP, always have, but they have absolutely nothing on Zeppelin here. I mean, come on, we're talking about fucking Led Zeppelin. Houses of the Holy is one of their countless classic songs, and when a band is as good as Zeppelin is, no other cover is going to compare.

Sorry Scotty, Zeppelin takes the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back