• Akeem

• One Man Gang

• They Both Suck

Results are only viewable after voting.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
02.jpg
10.jpg

But which is the better gimmick? I know it's hard. I've deliberated for years, and still I'm unsure. One gimmick was that of a one man gang. Think about that for a second. The conclusion of your thinking is that it's the best gimmick ever. The other gimmick is that of a white African. To quote Mean Girls ''How can you be from Africa? Your white'' Great film and culturally relevant.

Akeem was always second best to Big Boss Man. I don't know why. Akeem was bigger, and had a bushier beard. Great team never the less. In tribute to his fallen brother, Akkem is now a prison warden. As his Straight Shootin' DVD shows, he's a really nice, classy guy.

The Boss Man & Akken also shared two great things. One was The Doctor Of Style, Slick. The other was Slicks music. One of the greatest themes of all time. Enjoy.

[youtube]x2iIYibSa-g&feature=related[/youtube]

Only bettered by The Fabulous Rougeaus' theme. Enjoy part deux.

[youtube]g3PCytlXaQM[/youtube]

This is how Akkem came to be. Out of the flames was he born. He nailed Aficans in a way that nobody has done since. Leonardo DiCaprio ain't got shit on Akeem. Notice the hand movements, triblal African y'know. Same with the hat and poncho. My boy nailed that shit.

[youtube]lAWJbjrzUYA&feature=related[/youtube]

Then you have the One Man Gang. Nothing needs to be said. The name explains how awesome the gimmick truly is. He's a one man gang.

But which is better? You decide.

lol, a god that's bloody hilarious. For argument sake let's go with the white african gimmick, because well, call me daft but I had no idea that was one man gang. Anyways ya I mean the reason why I pick the white african gimmick is simple, he's white with the stereotypical bordering on racist mannerisms of an african.... BRILLIANT.

lol, a god that's bloody hilarious. For argument sake let's go with the white african gimmick, because well, call me daft but I had no idea that was one man gang. Anyways ya I mean the reason why I pick the white african gimmick is simple, he's white with the stereotypical bordering on racist mannerisms of an african.... BRILLIANT.

Yeah it is borderline racist. But as was Sapphire & Virgil. But it doesn't stop it being all kinds of awesome. Wrestling was different back then.

Moon Knight & thepredator94 both voted that he sucks in the poll. What reasons do you have for voting that? Obviously neither man posts. Afraid to feel the wrath of the biggest Akeem fan in the whole of Stoke-on-Trent. Both of you are *****es. The least you could have done is said that the gimmick was racist, he wasn't actually very good. But you don't. I don't see the point in being a member of a wrestling forum and not talking wrestling. That is all.

It has to be Akeem. OMG is such a generic gimmick. All he seems to be is just a big strong guy who was I guess a biker? The name makes sense, but there wasn't much to it. His in ring work was limited at best. When a wrestler's finishing move is a splash, it typically means in the ring they're not the best. As far as gimmicks go, he's great. I have to go with Akeem though. This was so incredibly random that it was awesome. The hat and outfit were perfect. I'll go with Akeem here, by quite a large margin actaully.

Akeem by miles. Absolutely fucking hilarious. When I was a child veiwing these things, oddly enough, I found nothing humorous or out of place about Akeem. I bought it. Looking back now its the most absurd, funny thing ever. Honestly, how did this guy go out every night and pull that off without laughing?? And his outfits were always skin tight baby suit looking thingies. Adds to his greatness, and aestetic appeal. Also a pretty good bumper, especially for his size. There was basically nothing that wasnt funny about him.

My choice for this would be one man gang, simply because that has to be the best know character of the two, from my recollection Akeem only lasted two years, can anyone clarify this? whereas One Man Gang was used The territories, WWWF, WWF and lastly WCW. I found myself asking the questioon would these characters survive today's cut-throat WWE scene.

My choice for this would be one man gang, simply because that has to be the best know character of the two, from my recollection Akeem only lasted two years, can anyone clarify this? whereas One Man Gang was used The territories, WWWF, WWF and lastly WCW. I found myself asking the questioon would these characters survive today's cut-throat WWE scene.

I'd say no. Akeem is just a comedy character and nothing more, although his dancing was freaking priceless. The gang might have a bit of a prayer, but overall he was just too big to be a real threat overall. He was a good monster jobber, but never a real threat. Him being the US champion was always mind boggling to me. He might be decent for about a month long run, but little past that.

I think it has to be Akeem, hands down. The fact that he could play such an absurd character and keep a straight face is everything. Fat biker characters are a dime a dozen...but, damn...A white guy called Akeem, the African Dream? How many of those are you gonna get?

Akeem is everything that was great about the early 90's wrestling era. Some say the gimmicks were too cartoony, I say they were too awesome. I honestly miss these days, that video of One Man Gangs transformation into Akeem brings me back to when nothing in wrestling was too stupid. Had that happened today this board would be filled with posts bashing how stupid Vince and the One Man Gang are. Of course, I was a kid back then but I think he caught on with the older fans because he stayed around for two years.

One other thing I attribute to Akeem's success (and a load of other heels in the 80's and 90's) is Jesse Ventura. The guy could make Colin Deleney and Gillberg sound like a monster tag team, so it was easy for him to make the Twin Towers with Akeem seem unstoppable. It is weird though, how Boss Man was always the more dangerous man on the team, maybe just because his gimmick was more serious (they were an odd pairing now that I think about it). I realize now that he won the Mania match they had because Akeem was leaving, but it always seemed Akeem should have been the dominant member of that team.

One Man Gang was an alright gimmick. Actually the gimmick itself was nothing special, just the name One Man Gang makes it cool. Someone earlier said biker gimmicks are a dime a dozen, but names like this are not. The only problem with him is, he was the 80's Mark Henry, unstoppable against the midcard and no threat at all to Hogan or Savage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back