• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oh That Whacky Congress

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/13/b...blicans-fail-to-annul-new-light-bulb-law.html

In today's America, we're in arguably up to four wars depending on how you look at it, our economy is on the verge of slipping back into recession, we're three weeks from defaulting on our national debts and crippling the world economy and Mitch McConnell is still allowed loose on the street.

The topic of the day in Congress: LIGHT BULBS!!!!! Yes, they're arguing about something that was already argued back in 07 because this is about FREEDOM! This country makes me shake my head at time.

We had a similar incident in Canada when the opposition was questioning a hockey player over him calling a French-Canadian hockey player a frog (allegedly). What does that have to do with the government is beyond me?

It's all about image and vote buying. Not sure how many votes it'll get them but I'm sure it looks good to some tree hugger somewhere.

Lightbulbs seem to be the "in" thing for te past little while.

We had a similar incident in Canada when the opposition was questioning a hockey player over him calling a French-Canadian hockey player a frog (allegedly). What does that have to do with the government is beyond me?

It's all about image and vote buying. Not sure how many votes it'll get them but I'm sure it looks good to some tree hugger somewhere.

Lightbulbs seem to be the "in" thing for te past little while.

The republicans were arguing to repeal a law that forces lightbulbs to be more efficient. General Electric (along with everyone who posesses a functional brain) were against it and it failed to pass. Arguing for less efficient lightbulbs won't get them any tree hugger votes.

“If we don’t pass this bill, we might as well turn out the lights; the party is over for the traditional incandescent light bulb,” said Representative Ted Poe, Republican of Texas.

I love when republicans fight for the really important issues.

Better this kind of time wasting I guess than Republicans running as fake Democrats in primaries to waste real time and delay their party's recall in special elections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back