• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oh no! Kassius in the dog house...

The Butcher

📶
Seems like the old news and rumor mill is churning pretty fast tonight, and one of the latest reports* is stating that the wrestler formerly known as Chris Hero, NXT's Kassius Ohno, is being held from the main roster because of his physique:

Plans for NXT star Kassius Ohno, f.k.a. Chris Hero, to join the main roster have apparently been put on hold.

According to a source, the creative team had a storyline to introduce Ohno this summer. People within the company were impressed with his in-ring skills and his promos, and had asked him to improve his physique while creative worked on his introduction. According to trainers at NXT, Ohno seemed reluctant in the weightlifting and gym sessions, although he continued to receive high marks for his overall attitude and the great effort in his daily in-ring sessions.

Word got back to Triple H about Ohno dodging gym time, and he was removed from TV tapings. Ohno has missed two tapings in the past few weeks, and there is said to be increased concern about his status with the company. A lot of people are still high on him, but this could prove to be costly for one of the top prospects in WWE's developmental system.

I don't usually buy into speculative reports, but Ohno does have a shitty look. I'm of the belief that this shouldn't matter, but it always has in Vince McMahon's WWF/E and is likely to continue to under the control of his daughter and son-in-law. Anybody buying this, and, if so, what do you think about it?

*http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news...p-nxt-star-halted-indefinitely/#ixzz2ZeO9hdpX

Well of course. I mean, the look is all that matters.

Right Mason Ryan, Jackson Andrews, Ezekiel Jackson, Hercules etc?

I don't think his body would be too much of a problem if he were wearing a SWAT team outfit or a wife beater and ragged jeans. If only there were stables that had those kinds of motifs... :headscratch:

Well, you can't really complain when your boss tells you to do something and you don't do it. The look is rarely the primary thing that gets you places, but it can be an important component.

Well, you can't really complain when your boss tells you to do something and you don't do it. The look is rarely the primary thing that gets you places, but it can be an important component.

You're absolutely right about not listening to your boss. If the report is accurate, then that's probably the biggest thing that got his debut nixed. WWE knew what they were getting in terms of a body when they signed Ohno, so I doubt anyone was expecting him to go from Chris Hero to Chris Masters in terms of physique.

H is a workout nut so this is blasphemy for him.

True. He has threatened to kick skinny-fat asses before.

To believe this my hatred for HHH would really continue to grow huge, not that it hasn't already.

However, WWE is giving Bray Wyatt the push of a lifetime right now. If they're really high on Hero's in-ring ability, promos, and attitude, then I doubt his physique is really going to hold him back, otherwise Wyatt wouldn't be getting the push he's currently getting.

I also think Bryan looks good (as much I can think that of another man). He's short, but he's bulky for his size.

Ohno looks a little flabby, but I think it's just the love-handles. I don't think it's the hair or the beard that he's in trouble for.

Wyatt is a plumper. His poor physique isn't really comparable with the poor physique of somebody who just doesn't work out hard enough. We're way more accepting of fatties in wrestling.

There's two things that make me question this report (well, there's a third which puts the nails in the coffin). The first is that Ohno's promos and ring work has been good enough to warrant a callup. It hasn't. He's been average at best since arriving in Tampa. The second is that Ohno missing a couple of shows means he's in the doghouse. According to commentary he's out injured, and reports on a recent NXT house show in Jacksonville also gives the impression that he's less than 100%. Also Kruger missed a taping or two before immediately heading in the direction of a ME programme.

The third thing I mention is that generic reports on there being a major NXT star's call up being nixed due to attitude problems that were rapidly interpreted as being about Ohno. This stinks of bullshit made up to justify the beliefs the readers already have.

Meh, if he was asked to hit the gym, and DID and still looked like crap, I'm sure they let it slide. But skipping gym session, if your boss asked you too, and knowing how much look helps in the business, is flat out indicative of a lack of dedication. Doesn't bug me too much, I don't think he's ready for a call up either way.

I loved that fist-to-the-jaw taunt he did when he was trying to intimidate Regal. Does he still do that? I'm under the impression he doesn't. They give THAT the boot, but Corey Graves's smug-looking ass gets to keep his stay-down taunt?

It's a great idea on paper, but you can't read what it says on his fingers, because nobody's hands are twenty feet across. Without the "stay down", it just looks like a mid-halfway version of what Cesaro does.

PS: I think Regal in NXT is the shit. Watched him being "overcame with emotion" during that clusterfuck of a Graves/Ohno - La Fort Boys - Wyatt family brawl. He was great!

If Ohno's on the outs, can Graves be the new IWC golden boy? Pwease? Pwetty pwease?!

For real though, I don't believe a word of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back