• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Officials Not Happy With Current Champion?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
There's a story out from Sportskeeda.com that claims company officials aren't happy with the in-ring work of WWE SmaCkDown Women's Champion Alexa Bliss. While just about everyone has been high on her promo abilities, it's viewed, according to the report, that she doesn't have much chemistry with anyone on the roster. The exception has been Becky Lynch, though Lynch is credited as being responsible for the matches that are "passable" with Bliss and road agents allegedly weren't happy with her match against Becky Lynch this past Tuesday on SmackDown Live.

As with almost everything that we get our wrestling news from, it may be true or false so take it for what its worth. Personally, I think there's probably a good deal of truth to this one because it's true that Alexa hasn't exactly been blowing people away with her work inside the ring. She's great a promos, she has great facial expressions and body language that she uses to help get her point across. She's also highly athletic, but it's not really been on display in her matches and most of her moves inside the ring have been extremely basic at best. If this is true, Bliss may find herself dropping the title at WrestleMania and her push cooled off for a while. If they feel she's that bad, they may wind up taking her off the road and TV for a while in order to put in some work at the performance center.

I like her a lot as a character and I enjoy her promos, but it's true that her in-ring work isn't exactly the stuff that dreams are made of. For the most part, it's usually just kind of blandly basic without anything that really sort of just pops.

At the same time, it's ironic IF officials aren't happy with Bliss' work inside the ring while Bill Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar is the headline match of WrestleMania XXXIII: a guy who never was all that good in the ring and a guy who used to be but is now too damn lazy to put in any effort beyond a German Suplex.

I'm not surprised, she's not very good in the ring. She has a great look, a good character and is reminiscent of Attitude Era heel diva on the mic. She has had some stinkers in the ring but in all fairness, she's not the only overatted woman's champion on the roster. Bayley's in ring work is only good vs Sasha Banks. At least Bliss can hold her own with a mic, Bayley sounds like an awkward teen trying it out for the first time.

I'm not surprised, she's not very good in the ring. She has a great look, a good character and is reminiscent of Attitude Era heel diva on the mic. She has had some stinkers in the ring but in all fairness, she's not the only overatted woman's champion on the roster. Bayley's in ring work is only good vs Sasha Banks. At least Bliss can hold her own with a mic, Bayley sounds like an awkward teen trying it out for the first time.

Bayley's match with Nia at TakeOver: London was really good, and her matches against Asuka in Dallas and Brooklyn were both great. And all of the matches with Charlotte in their current title program have been solid at worst; and pretty damn good at best. None of these Bayley matches that I've listed involve Sasha at all, and all of them have been better than anything that Alexa has delivered over the same time frame(including when she has been facing Becky).

The three women in the Raw Women's title match at WM are all delivering in the ring, and none of them should have their performances compared to Alexa's.

This whole thing started with a rumour written on a site that is 90% of the time wrong about what they are writing and really doesn't care about what they are writting or actualy checking their sources before writing their article.

It's the same site the written that wwe was planning to induct undertaker to the hall of fame this year. So I take this story with a grain of salt. I personally think that they might be disappointed in bliss for the quality of matches she has but I doubt that she got heat on her for it, especially since the smackdown women's division as been the most popular of the 2 rosters with the fans since thw brand split and that thanks in part to alexa bliss who as become on of the best heel in the women's division.

I think that Alexa Bliss is pretty underrated in the ring. Of course, she's no Sasha, Charlotte or Bayley in the ring. But she's good in the ring. It's not like she has been botching moves or something.

I don't think that this article has any truth in it and even if it is true, I think that it's wrong. She's the best heel of Smackdown by a big margin and even a better heel than Charlotte in my opinion.

Well, Asuka is taking that title from her in few weeks so it doesnt mather that much. She is only champion again because Naomi was injured and neither she or Naomi could hold a candle to Becky in terms of in ring ability.

Bliss is great promo worker, she interacts well with audience. But yes, her abilities in ring are OK but nothing special.

I don't buy this. I read the article and while it's true she's had a few bad matches with Naomi, I found it especially odd that they weren't happy with her match against Micke on Smackdown which I thought was one of her better matches overall. Of course that's just my opinion.

Had they seperated the divisions properly and equally, they wouldn't have that problem now. After Nikki's gone, the whole thing will fall on Becky's shoulders. They can't really complain. She's the best heel on SD.

The real money was Nikki vs Becky, but I doubt they even thought of that.

Call it what it is: NXT got "raided" by the main roster when they decided to do the brand split. There aren't enough "superstars", nor are there enough 'ready' talents to fill out the roster. In Alexa's case, she's gold on the mic, but her in-ring work needs improvement. That seems to be the norm with all the NXT talent: they're halfway decent at cutting a promo, but the in-ring work (i.e. - storytelling, collaboration with the opponent, being "safe", etc.) leaves something to be desired; that is not the talents' fault. NXT is supposed to be a "training facility"; it's not. NXT has become its own brand, as soon as "they" realized they could make a buck off of it. So now, instead of talents learning what they need to learn in Orlando, you have talents on the road, essentially learning in the ring, which from what I've heard/seen, makes for some really lousy shows. The majority of these talents weren't ready for the call-up, and the majority of these talents currently in NXT aren't ready for the road. For me, it all goes back to NXT's role in the grand scheme of things. NXT is supposed to be a "training ground", where people learn the ins and outs of the business. The moment HHH got Vince to open his wallet and sign all the indy talent, NXT died. Originally, it was HHH's "mission" to go and find talent that he could make "superstars". When he failed at that, he went to his father-in-law, and got him to so sign all the big name indy stars. WWE sold out its future (via NXT) so they could just fill out their rosters. But as long as people pay for the product, and they're making money, they won't change.

The Divas Revolution is now complete. Officials give a shit about the in ring work of the women. Congrats, you've come a long way ladies.

This might be a thing. I guess I can see where they are coming from. Alexa could be better. Then again so could a lot of people. Hard to saw this story is legit. Alexa is holding the belt and they seem to be working her regularly on national TV.

According to a story on the main page whatever the other site said about Alexa having heat backstage is not true. Here is the rebuttal from Road Dog one of the road agents.

@JoeCroninJCS hell no! She is adored by EVERYONE. She’s a star dude and everyone knows it. This is what’s wrong w/the internet lol #bull

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/816...ongratulates-xavier-woods#8qLXMVT7CD5UyA6w.99
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/816...ames-vince-mcmahon-congratulates-xavier-woods

The moment HHH got Vince to open his wallet and sign all the indy talent, NXT died. Originally, it was HHH's "mission" to go and find talent that he could make "superstars". When he failed at that, he went to his father-in-law, and got him to so sign all the big name indy stars. WWE sold out its future (via NXT) so they could just fill out their rosters. But as long as people pay for the product, and they're making money, they won't change.

Did you ever stop and think for a second that the better way to insure your "future" is to go out and sign the best established talent in the world that's not under contract with your company? As long as WWE can sign top indy and international stars that are ready to leave companies like CMLL, NJPW, TNA, ROH, AAA, PROGRESS, WXW, etc. for a shot at a WWE payday, and put safeguards in place like EVOLVE, the UK territory, etc. to keep feeding them a pipeline of young ready made roster fillers with high upsides; that's got to be a better plan for their future than signing former pro football players and bodybuilders, teaching them to be wrestlers from scratch, and hoping a few occasionally develop into top stars.

I think Alexa is so damn good outside of matches that it's kind of clouded my judgement for the in-ring work.

Her Promo skills are probably the best on Smackdowns women, her facial expression, gestures and how she presents herself are all something you'd expect out of a veteran.

But ya, her wrestlings a bit bland, I remember being surprised when they called her up, because she'd spent most her time in NXT for the last few months she was there, as a valet. I only remember 1 match she was in for 2016.

That being said, she's had to work with Naomi, which.... I find Naomi to have 0 charisma, she's athletic as hell, but her move choices, psychology, and promos are all empty.

Becky is a great fighter, and carried the ring work, but Alexa carired her on promos, as Becky has the energy and Charisma, but all she ends up doing is a bunch of Irish stereotyped canned lines.

I watch more on the entertainment value than the pure wrestling value though. Psychology and acting are more important to me than the actual moves, so I may be biased when I think she's still a great champion.

She can't work as good as literally any of her peers on RAW or Smackdown, maybe minus Carmela and Dana. Stephanie actually was moving pretty great at that Summerslam match, and I think Brie retired. I was going to say Nia, but she can actually be carried through a match one way or another which doesn't seem to be the case for Bliss at all.

Becky got reaction before her, during, and after her interactions with Bliss regardless of where she was. She could sound like she's reading a teleprompter, still get's it. She can have her more goofy dork natural self, and she still gets a reaction. With the accent, and steampunk deal kind of working against her she still seems to pull out an actual reaction well over bliss.

Maryse can talk for about 2 minutes and get more heat than Alexa in a month. Natalya is a girl who plugs her cat's instagram and get's more heel heat in a very out of nowhere, non demanded, forced feud with Nikki Bella. Nikki Bella gets a bigger reaction almost just by walking out despite her TV time being far less. Naomi got cheered just for being likable at the time's she'd show up. Mickie James got more heel heat talking about or for Alexa sometimes in a forced promo than Alexa would sometimes.

Bliss is a great promo, but on an episode of talking smack Bryan tore down her entire seemingly real promo with a single running joke. I think it's less of a "Bitch" character, and more of a spoiled kid who had a lot of accolades growing up, and then you realize she had endless opportunity and there really isn't that implied talent. So the praise was there, but the actual stride, accomplishment, and depth of the person was not. She say's a playground insult regarding Becky's appearance or her hair and it kind of goes flat with everyone. So she kind of just end's up looking like she's missing a little up there, or is out of tune with reality or general human connection.

Which is fine and all, but the people who usually do that type of heel deal are more outlandish about it and aren't trying to come in this more realistic approach. Being delusional is all good, but like the other heels who actually get heat on Smackdown or Raw they should have points that may be true, but have fabricated reasoning. Kind of like a twisted view on reality guided by mistreatment or seeing things from a wicked perspective and giving into it. The Miz and his kind of guy who stuck around with the company, but never got a promotion deal is a good general example.

I will care about facial expressions as soon as there is a single legendary wrestler I can think of that this was a major or even a big selling point for them. Either that or when she can work an entertaining match or cut a promo that is to the point where people talk about it in specific, or is like Charlotte where she get's boo'd more than male heels just for being in the ring occasionally.

The more you analyze her the worse she gets. I can't turn my brain off long enough to get into it in the first place, so I'll just continue skipping her segments and watching almost every other part of Smackdown. She's not horrific or awful, just boring to an epidemic level degree in and out of an actual match. She's not as bad as Carmella for me at the moment though, and a few others. Stuff on RAW, ROH, NJPW, LU, Evolve, RevPro, WCPW, AJPW, TNA, Chikara, Stardom, PWG, etc has stuff that is way worse than a female competitor who is okay that I just find boring. She's just one of the few wrestlers I actually genuinely don't like in any degree, but I do hope that'll eventually change. Since the Shield I hated Reigns, and I kind of just got numb to the point where I could take his good moments for what they were worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back