• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[OFFICIAL]TNA PPV Aftermath & Review Thread

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
TNA Sacrifice May 16, 2010

Thumbs Up

The Motor City Machine Guns vs. Team 3D vs. Beer Money, Inc. - This was a really good opening match and I was glad to see the Guns go over here. It was a pleasant and, to some small degree, unexpected surprise to see the Guns not used as fodder to the more decorated tag teams. I also have to applaud Team 3D as this is the second young team they’ve put over this week.

Douglas Williams vs. Kazarian - This was a pretty good match. For probably 9 minutes or so, it was a good back and forth contest. However, the crowd was definitely mixed for this one. Even though Kazarian is the face, the guy just has zero charisma. He’s got some fans but I don’t think he’s managed to win over most of the TNA audience. Williams hit the rolling suplex for the win around the 14 minute mark and Kazarian’s entire X Division title run comes to an end without him ever having physical possession of the title.

Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Anderson - Even before the match, Anderson delivered a great promo. The Asshole bit got a great response from the crowd. Both guys worked hard and put on an entertaining match. Anderson offering his hand to Hardy was unexpected. Maybe they’re already thinking face turn for Anderson? While I don’t doubt he’ll get over well as a face, he’s shown himself to be much better as a heel.

Rob Van Dam vs. AJ Styles - This was a really strong match to close out the show. As expected, RVD and Styles pulled a great match that was entertaining almost the whole way through. The antics with Flair and Lethal did ultimately take some fire from the match for me. If they’d have done this stuff closer to the beginning of the match, I think it would’ve come off much better. Also, TNA didn’t build Styles up enough to make me believe that he had a shot of winning the title. But, it was still a fun match to watch all the same.

Thumbs Down

Rob Terry vs. Orlando Jordan - This was really just a forgettable match overall. It wasn’t as horrible as it could have been, but I just don’t really care about these guys nor do I care about the TNA Global Championship. Nothing memorable at all took place, action was so-so. Piss break.

Madison Rayne vs. Tara - When the outcome of a match is so obvious, there’s no way you can give two craps about what goes on during it. The Knockout title is pretty meaningless at this point and TNA has lost yet another talented female wrestler. I’m not really a fan of how TNA has handled Tara’s run overall. Pure filler

The Band vs. Ink Inc. - While it is nice to see a young, fresh team get pushed, it was just too son for this. The crowd wasn’t really behind them and the match overall was just kinda weak. The finish was even weaker with Team 3D turning heel, yes another random heel turn. Bubba hits Neal with the kendo stick when Neal has the advantage over Nash. And, groggy Nash makes a cover for the win. I didn’t expect Ink Inc. to win this match, but it seems kind of pointless to me to put such a brand new team in a match for the TNA World Tag Team Championship and use it as the springboard for launching them into a feud with Team 3D.

Abyss vs. Desmond Wolfe - Anything involving Abyss for the longest time now has been awful and tonight kept the streak alive. The match in and of itself was forgettable, the overall storyline behind it was cheesy and laughable. Desmond Wolfe is too talented of a wrestler to waste on crap like this. He wound up losing the match, which was as obvious as asking me if I’d like to use Velvet Sky’s ass a blanket. I’m hoping that it’s over between these two because I have zero interest in seeing this go on.

Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett - Not that I really cared all that much about this, but this was pure shit. The entire “match” was about 10 seconds and we had about 5 minutes of Sting beating the crap out of Jarrett backstage and drag him out front. I hate when any wrestling company does shit like this. If you advertise a match, then have a friggin’ match. They could’ve done this garbage on iMPACT!. Having Jarrett bleed did nothing for me because I’ve already seen Ric Flair cut open much worse than that 3 or 4 times already since he’s been in TNA. They seem to be building up an inevitable clash between Sting and Hogan. Uggghhh…TNA…listen to me…it’s not 1997. I’ve seen Hogan and Sting beat up on each other dozens of times already and this was back when Hogan was relatively workable inside the ring.

Overall Show - While TNA Sacrifice wasn’t a bad ppv, it was still pretty forgettable. Nothing overly memorable happened and the outcome of far too much of what we saw on the card was completely predictable. It was nice to see the Guns get used well for once, Anderson & Hardy and RVD & Styles had really good matches against each other. The rest of the card ran from meh to just plain shitty.

I thought the ppv was highly entertaining and give it a B+. Glad to see the MCMG pick up the win, however I am worried about the fate of Beer Money. Also, thought the X-division title match was given an appropriate time frame and showing, and glad to see Douglas retain the title he never lost. As expected, both Abyss and RVD won, and i'm curious to see how the Chelsea storyline plays out as Wolfe is my favorite wrestler in TNA.

Question to all. Did anyone was else feel there was a missed opportunity to not have Samoa Joe attack either Doug Williams or RVD? At the very least a short backstage brawl between Joe and Morgan. Just an observation.

I kept asking my buddy, "when is Fat Joe gonna come out and squash somebody ?" The entire PPV was filler if u ask me. Everything is leading to Hogan/Sting PPV match.....YAWN

Question to all. Did anyone was else feel there was a missed opportunity to not have Samoa Joe attack either Doug Williams or RVD? At the very least a short backstage brawl between Joe and Morgan. Just an observation.

Eh, they're saving that for Impact!. They didn't want to ruin a match in that way, althought they could have done it AFTER a match. I think the Joe thing is going to stick to Impact so people can see it regardless of if they pay. I'm waiting like crazy to see who they push as his ''kidnapper''

mcmg winning was great, glad theyre getting a push.

the x division match was really good, i really like doug williams finisher.

andersons promo was gold as always, and the match was pretty damn good but i really hope andersons not tring to go face, he's tooooo good as a heel.

rvd vs aj was a damn good match (even with the flair/lethal annoyance)

rob terry vs orlando was well.... who really gives a shit.

madison rayne vs tara had a pretty obvious outcome, it was a pretty good match for tara to go out on.

the band vs ink inc. yet another match with a pretty obvious outcome, plus im not really sold on ink inc. they havent done shit in my eyes to even be considered a tag team except for the fact that they have similar hair and theyre both tatted up.

abyss vs desmond wolf, first off, anything with abyss is shit, and the concept of this match was so stupid, even the buildup for it was shit, such a talented wrestler (nigel) and he's being wasted on the likes of fucking eugene/kane

jeff jarret vs sting, about 6 minutes of my life i REALLY wish i hadnt waisted watching this, but honestly what did you expect when theyre trying to force a hogan vs sting fued down our throats...

overall not a bad ppv but nothing i would have paid for ( watched it over the internet ) i give it a solid b

I watched TNA Sacrifice online and I personally enjoyed the PPV overall and thought it was pretty solid. But like a lot of you I have some problems with it like the Anderson Vs Hardy aftermath, they can not turn Anderson face especially after the brilliant heel promo seconds before the bout that was GOLD! Also I think is TNA was being serious about pushing Joe he should of came out and destroyed AJ, RVD and everyone else to end the show. But like others have mentioned they must be saving that for free TV so everyone sees it. Also the Terry Vs Orlando was stupid and should never have been a PPV match, and even though I was not expecting much from it I was let down because there was a report on Wrestlezone that there would be something controversial to happen during this match. Because of that false statement I had to leave for my toilet break during the tag team title bout, but from what ive heard that wasnt much to look at either. But anyway to sum things up I give this PPV a B, 3 and a half stars or 7 out of 10 whatever. SOLID PPV can't wait til iMPACT!

I watched it online too and I have to say the matches were good. But the PPV by itself didn't accomplish a thing. You only had a title that changed hands, it was the X-Division Championship of the World as Jeremy Borash would say.

I'm not saying the PPV was bad. It was very good, two matches were poor, the womens match and the Global Championship match. But the main-event was very good, but nothing on TNA has changed, if it was a regular iMPACT! it would have been the same...

All I am saying is that TNA missed the boat, I'm not quite sure about what they could have done, but something is missing.

7.3/10 in my book

I had a night off so I decided I'd take some time and actually watch TNA Sacrifice online. I didn't have to pay a thing, so why not? Sadly I missed the first several matches, although I'm fine with having missed Rob Terry vs. Orlando Jordan.

The outcome between Tara and Madison Rayne was always obvious and there was definitely nothing memorable about Tara's final TNA match. I'm starting to really worry about the Knockouts Division.

Who in the hell wants to see a Team 3D vs. Ink Inc feud? I don't even understand why they're pushing Ink Inc, they seem to all but have forgotten about Beer Money, the best tag team in the business today who are getting no kind of push and just being used as filler in matches. This is starting to get ridiculous..

Desmond Wolfe vs. Abyss was average, but I absolutely hate his Hogan gimmick. Watching him hulk up made me groan, and the entire ending of the match made me groan further. This angle with Abyss now having the services of Chelsea doesn't interest me in the least, I can't stand to watch the Abyss/Hogan character. Chelsea is gorgeous, Desmond is a great talent, and Desmond with Chelsea at his side should be being pushed far more then this and given better. The way they keep using Desmond is really disappointing to me, he's one of the best characters and talents in TNA.

I absolutely loved Mr. Anderson's promo before his match. It really made me think of the Rock and made me think, that if anyone in the business right now has that "IT" factor like Rock or Austin, it's got to be Anderson. The only entertaining part to the match to me was the crowd chanting "asshole" based on Andersons' promo, and it proves how well of a reaction the man can get from a crowd. The match itself seemed very sloppy to me, and if the aftermath is an attempt to start turning Anderson face I think TNA is, once again, making another stupid mistake. Anderson should be the companies top heel; he's far more entertaining and over then even AJ and the character he's playing right now isn't going to be as effective as a face. He needs to just remain the way he is and they need to continue to build him without messing around too much with something that's already working. Not a great match from Hardy/Anderson, though.

The whole Sting thing is far too predictable to me. There wasn't any real match, just Sting dragging a bloody Jarrett around and beating him up. It actually wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the entire thing with Sting trying to break Jarrett's arm, which wasn't effective in the least because it looked entirely fake. The commentators tried to shove it down our throat that Sting's a heel and what he did was awful, and everyone wants answers, but I as a viewer and even the crowd there in the arena weren't buying it. No one gave a crap about Jarrett, they chanted for Sting in fact as he was doing it all, and it's so predictable what's actually going on with Sting's character in terms of Hogan. Hogan comes down and I groan.

AJ Styles vs. Rob Van Dam was a good enough match. Flair on commentary added a bit of flavor, although I didn't much like the ending with Flair coming down only to be interrupted by Jay Lethal. It seemed a bit unnecessary, really. I'm not a fan of RVD so him winning did nothing for me, really.. but I seriously feel AJ needs to drop this whole Flair gimmick.

Overall it was an okay ppv, but I don't think it was overly memorable and the matches weren't overly good (except for maybe the first few matches that I missed out on). Anderson was the highlight of the night for me.

All I'm saying is that this was way better than the last PPV i bought (WM 25).

The Triple Threat Tag match was really good. Very enjoyable.

The OJ/Terry match was a little slow. But, I just enjoy watching OJ. lol

The X-Division match was a really good Old School wrestling match. I really dug it. I'm becoming a big fan of Doug Williams.

The womens match was... Well, a women's match. But it was pretty touching to watch Tara at the end of the match.

The tag title match was prolly my least favorite for the simple fact that Scott Hall looked really bad. He just reminds me of an old drunken uncle or something.

Wolfe/Abyss was pretty disappointing, I like everyone else is just tired of Abyss. He's being "Cena'd" down our throats. And Wolfe deserves better...

Anderson Promo had me laughing my ass off, and the match was really good too. Though I say Anderson should have won. He needs it more to build him up. And I hope hes not trying to go face. But if he does, maybe they will even it out and turn Abyss heel.

The Sting/Jarrett match was great. Did anyone really wanna see these two in a "match"? I didn't. I think the whole angle is building Sting up to be a crazy person and something he hasn't been in a long time. INTERESTING. I enjoyed it. Though i still say Joe should have come out in the end and laid out Sting.

RVD/Angle was a little disappointing. Was it just me or did it seem like RVD just got his ass kicked the match? The build was good. And I think this is the best RVD has been in years. But it was a little slow, and Flair on commentary really got on my nerves. So did the Lethal figure four thing. They should have just let this be a 1 on 1 encounter. But, they just gimmicked it up a little too much for me.

Overall I really enjoyed the PPV. Worth my 35 bucks. And now I can officially call myself an Asshole.

Why in the hell does TNA not get that nobody cares about Abyss? It made no sense at all for him to win, why would a face force a woman to be his valet? Isn't that a heel angle? Wolfe definitely should have won... He is way ahead of Abyss wrestling wise and charisma wise... I really don't get how TNA come up with the fan poll and Abyss gets no votes and they still shove him down our throats...

I like the Band for nostalgia purposes... But God, I hope they drop the belts the MCMGs and we actually see some entertaining tag matches against the better teams like Beer Money and Gen Me...

AJ and RVD was good, but predictable...

Anderson turning face, good be good... He does remind me of the Rock and Austin, who started off as heels but it became impossible not to cheer them... Anderson as a hard face could be good...

I might be going against the grain here, but please get the X division title off of Williams... He is a good worker but, I really miss the exciting X Division matches... I would like to see Daniels come back or some of the more high flying guys that made the X Division popular... I think Doug would be better off as Global champ... And Why even put the belt on Kaz just to have him lose to DW again? They push and bury the guy more than anyone rather he has a mask or not, they really need to decide what to do with him... I think they missed the boat on someone unmasking him as Suicide and starting some kind of fued instead of just dropping the character...

Why make Terry look like a monster against everyone he faces and then have OJ get in so much offense? Bad booking... What the hell does anyone see in OJ? And Terry should be taken off TV until properly trained...

And Joe versus Morgan should have been added to the card... Or atleast have Morgan cut a promo and challenge Joe to a match...

The Sting and Jeff brawl sucked... But I am an old school fan so, I am kinda looking forward to a match between Hogan and Sting... I mean, everyone knew it was coming as soon as Sting turned heel...

I was kind of let down with the show as a whole...

Angle and Joe missing the show may have been a difference maker... I hope the next show is better...

Sacrifice 2010
Date: May 16, 2010
Commentators: Taz, Mike Tenay

So this is more or less just another TNA show. AJ vs. RVD is the main event which should be fine, but other than that nothing really stands out on the card. It looks pretty good I guess, but I’m not incredibly looking forward to it. Oh and Abyss got arrested a few days ago. Riveting isn’t it? Anyway, let’s get to it as I have more stuff to review today. Damn I need a life.

The opening video is a bunch of still, mainly talking about blood. Ladies and gentlemen, Ric Flair could own this place in like 5 minutes. The arena looks…really damn familiar. And we’re immediately going to the first match.

Motor City Machine Guns vs. Beer Money vs. Team 3D

It’s for the number one contender spot. Simple but effective. So I think they’re all faces now but since it’s Sunday they’ll all have switched sides by Thursday 298 times anyway so it’s not like it matters. At least they all get intros this time rather than just the old dudes. This is for the eventual 24th title reign for Team 3D. Holy crap that’s far too many reigns. This is one fall to a finish so keep that in mind.

Roode and Shelley start us off. The fans like both people. Why does that not surprise me in the least? The referee is named Slick Johnson. That’s just great. Why does Taz use the term pin covers? That’s never made much sense to me but whatever. We’ve had two tags so far and no Dudley has been in there yet. Scratch that as Bubba is in now.

There’s a severe lack of flow here as it’s just kind of all over the place. I can understand that with six people in there, but at the same time it’s still rather annoying. D-Von gets a legdrop on Sabin. That should get him a short main event push. If Bubba ever hits that back splash, someone is going to die. The Guns just go insane and beat the hell out of everyone until Roode knocks Sabin’s head off with a clothesline.

Fast paced stuff if nothing else. And now let’s pause ten seconds for tag team identification. Is there ANY point to them stopping everything to shout their names like that? Sabin comes in and cranks things up. Shelley hops up from the apron to the top rope as Taz thinks it might be some kind of springboard. And now it’s all broken down. 3D doesn’t work due to beer spitting. A double team splash/neckbreaker combination ends it for the Guns. Not liking that finisher that much actually.

Rating: C-. This just felt like a bunch of filler until the ending. It could be because I think we’ve had this match what, twice in a row with some slight alterations on Impact? It’s not bad at all, but at the same time this just wasn’t much at all. It came off ok though and was good for an opener due to the Guns.

We talk about Wolfe/Abyss a bit to set this up.

Global Title: Rob Terry vs. Orlando Jordan

We’re told that Terry has never turned down a title defense. What has he had? Two of them? They call this a battle of the freaks. Ok then. Jordan is lowered from the ceiling into the ring. Taz says it’s better than walking to the ring with a black towel on your head. Ok that was a funny line. Terry is called the Global Champion of the World. So don’t pay attention to that Venezuelan Global Champion.

He’s got JACK on Terry. Terry has come a long way in the last few months. Who would believe him having passable matches (given who he is) a few months ago? They list off the people he’s defended against. Wow they sound pitiful. This has been all Terry here. Jordan goes for the knee which makes a bit of sense I suppose. Jordan can’t even drop a knee properly. That’s hard to do. It truly is.

Oh and the flamboyant and bizarre guy is wearing gold. Nothing stolen there at all. The fans thing Terry Wants It apparently. WOW I want to smack those people. And there’s the spinebuster (Not calling it the Freakbuster or whatever Tenay called it) for the pin. That came out of nowhere. I SAID IT FIRST TAZ! SHUT UP!

Rating: D. Why in the world do these two get a decent amount of time on PPV? Again, Jordan is shock value for the sake of shock value. I defy anyone to say he’s valuable to the company or worth any kind of money he gets. What has he ever won?

Jordan jumps Terry as he leaves and attacks his knee. Oh great that means the feud is going to continue.

Ink Inc. comes to see the Dudleys as Bubba has beer in his eyes. Bubba freaks over them saying they’ll take care of the Band. His promo gets cut off by the buildup for the X Title match.

Short version, Douglas couldn’t make a show and got stripped of the title but still has the physical belt. This is his title chance.

X-Division Title: Douglas Williams vs. Kazarian

We get the bullet points for the match. They’re exactly the same things that the package told us. Thanks for that guys. I love that wrist thing Williams does. It’s just….British. Long feeling out process to start which is fine. This is getting complicated as I’m reviewing this and a Dragon Gate show at the same time so the shows couldn’t be more different.

Tenay is rambling on about a Rey Mysterio autograph signing or something. To be fair, it’s just wristlock stuff. This is more chain wrestling stuff which is perfectly fine. It’s a dying art in wrestling and it’s nice to see some of it. The crowd is rather annoying. They don’t cheer other than for one of their stupid lines. However, they’re hardly driving me crazy like some of the others on here.

They’re a crowd, not the product. This is slowly becoming less good. It’s still not bad, but it’s not as interesting. Seriously though, it’s hard to silence a TNA crowd. Is there a reason we need to keep having shots of the title belt in the picture? It’s rather stupid. I think they’re trying to do high flying vs. mat stuff but it’s not really working. Sloppy is what this has become. Why am I talking like Yoda? Williams hits Chaos Theory to get the title back.

Rating: C. This was just there. It wasn’t particularly good and it wasn’t particularly bad. It was two guys having a wrestling match and a title happened to change hands. There just wasn’t much to talk about here. Again, not bad, but nothing special at all.

Chelsea and Desmond talk about the plan on Thursday messing up. Wow this is over the top. To recap, Chelsea is upset that in a match where if Desmond wins he gets Hulk Hogan’s Hall of Fame ring but she’s upset and worried about the way she’ll be treated if she’s given to a monster named Abyss for 30 days because of the false police report they gave which is still under investigation. And this is REAL PRO WRESTLING BABY!

We recap Tara vs. Madison Rayne, which is just idiotic. Seriously I can’t get over the box thing.

Knockouts Title: Madison Rayne vs. Tara

Tara retires if she doesn’t win the title. Again they repeat it with the bullet points. That theme song is still awesome, as are her looks. Taz insists Tara isn’t about shaking her ass. Yeah that’s totally accurate. Yep. Madison sends the other two off. Ok then. The double chants get REALLY annoying. But remember boys and girls, in Russo’s mind, you don’t need faces and heels. Yeah whatever.

Madison is going nuts with covers here. That’s surprising. Has she ever won a one on one match? I’ll give her this: she’s not acting scared. That’s a major plus for her. Widow’s Peak is blocked. And it connects on the second time. Ok then. She gets to the floor though so that’s all well and good. Tara hits a top rope moonsault for two. That’s a new one but it looked good. She goes for another and of course it misses.

Madison hits something close to Zach Ryder’s finisher for the pin to retain. She won totally clean. Nice. THAT IS HOW YOU LEAVE A DAMN COMPANY! Tara freaks after leaving as Madison is a total bitch to her. And here’s a security guard telling Tara she has to leave. Are you fucking kidding me? She can’t have a minute to wave at the people? Ah ok. We need to go to the Band.

Rating: C-. This was better than it had any right to be. It’s no classic or anything, but this was passable. Madison got put over HUGE here and now has a credible clean win which is what she was desperately lacking. For what it was, great match.

Eric Young wants to say why he joined the Band. They say they’re using the Freebird Rule. Ok so two teams are using it now. Yeah they don’t have an overcrowded roster at all.

Tag Titles: The Band vs. Ink Inc.

Since Morgan isn’t champion anymore, there’s more or less no build here. Why would you need one of those? Ink Inc. CLEARLY is enough drawing power to not need an angle or a feud or anything pesky like that. Oh and clearly THESE TWO are the second best team in the company. Hall and Moore start us off. Wow I can’t stand these challengers.

Tenay and Taz continue their brilliance by pointing out that they number one contenders have had one match which they had after being named number one contenders. Brilliant guys. The Outsiders use all of their old favorites and it’s just not that interesting. I love Hall just standing there watching his partner getting the hell beaten out of him.

Down goes the referee as the spear misses. Young, armed with a kendo stick is here. Neal gets a spear on Nash though. That’s a bit surprising. Bubba comes out and yells at Nash before popping Neal with the stick. Oh here we go again. Young pulls Nash on top for the cover and the pin.

Rating: D. Seriously? THIS is the best tag title match they could come up with? That makes my head hurt. Just not an interesting match at all and boring as hell to top that off. Horrible and likely worst of the night so far.

We recap the whole police thing from Thursday. Wow that was idiotic.

Abyss vs. Desmond Wolfe

Bets on how long it takes for Wolfe to job here? Abyss jumps him on the ramp and Chelsea has to be at ringside for this. It’s of course a big brawl and no one cares about Abyss. Seriously, why is he pushed this hard? Oh yeah: Hogan likes him. In a funny spot, Wolfe goes for a cross body and Abyss just lets him bounce off. That worked.

See what happens when Abyss does nothing? Apparently the new ranking system comes out Thursday. Why do I not care at all? Taz thinks Wolfe will be world champion. That’s just amusing. Oh and one Desmond chant to zero for Abyss. Funny. Ah there’s an Abyss chant. It’s matches by a LET’S GO DESMOND chant. They’ve done that in all but one match. Wow they’re irritating.

Wolfe hits all kinds of big and high impact shots. Naturally Abyss just shrugs them off. Chelsea slips in some brass knuckles. That only gets two of course too. Why should a weapon considered lethal put a guy down for three seconds? And he Hulks Up. Three punches and a Black Hole Slam end it. I’m actually not making that up. Sweet damn this is stupid.

Rating: F. Bad match, stupid angle, stupid finish. This was a failure. Scratch that. Chelsea’s looks help. Not enough though. Wow I can’t stand Abyss.

In the back, Anderson has his own mic drop in for an interview. Nice one. He makes fun of Hardy fans and of TNA fans in general. Ok that was clever. He says his fans are Anderson’s Assholes. Oh dear.

Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Anderson

This has a 20 minute time limit. Isn’t that what openers often get? Just made it seem weak to me. They go at it right away. The fans now chant that they’re assholes. Russo, fuck you to hell and back for your WE DON’T NEED FACES AND HEELS bullshit. It’s basic wrestling and has worked for 100 years, but apparently you’ve come up with a better take on things.

Maybe next time you can get the ratings even lower with your bullshit. Damn man, how can you manage to fuck up an entire sport like that? It fucking takes talent man. This is ridiculous. They’re on their fourth chant in like 3 minutes of wrestling. This is ridiculous. FINALLY they shut up and I can focus more on the match than on my anger issues. And we have dueling LET’S GO ASSHOLE/LET’S GO HARDY chants. Yeah this is WAY better than WWE guys.

Hardy sets a chair up for a jumping leg lariat. Not bad. When did Hardy patent a bulldog? Mic Check connects. This is ok at best but nothing really special. Jeff gets a Swanton for the pin. Seriously, this just came and went. Anderson offers a handshake after the match, because TNA isn’t thin enough on heels already. Jeff won’t shake it. Nice guy isn’t he?

Rating: C+. It was decent, but there is just no emotion in any of this at all. It’s just a pair of guys out there wrestling but nothing of note is happening if that makes any sense. I mean just what did this prove if anything at all? It wasn’t bad or anything, but damn this just wasn’t that good at all.

Flair says AJ will win. Styles, whose hair is even blonder than before, says there’s no reason to respect RVD and that he’ll win.

We recap Sting vs. Jarrett which is another Russo fantasy as he desperately tries to make Sting, one of the biggest faces ever, into a heel. It’s not working, at least not to me. Oh that’s right: it’s about HOGAN! It made no sense but whatever.

Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett

Twenty minutes again. I’ve always loved Jarrett’s MY WORLD theme. And now we go to the back to see Sting beating Jarrett up with the bat. Of course he’s bleeding. Sting goes after his shoulder and “pops it out of place”. Why do I have a feeling this is going to be the whole match? We’re in the arena now and it’s just a big beatdown.

Tenay still wants an explanation, meaning the Hogan thing doesn’t count, which means they’ll go with that as the reason. Bell rings, Scorpion Death Drop, pin. Sting says “those guys” will pay just like Jarrett did for “playing the deception game.” What does that mean? TUNE INTO IMPACT TO NOT GET THE ANSWER! Jarrett does a stretcher job and guess what the fans chant.

They chant for Sting. Yep, Russo fails again. Sting beats him up on the stretcher. Yeah this isn’t working at all. And here’s Hogan to get rid of Sting. So when do we get the Starrcade 97 rematch? Also it should be noted, I have no problem with Hogan coming out for things like that. That’s fine as it was an intense situation and he came out for that. Perfectly fine there.

Rating: N/A. Ok. I’m going to try very hard here to not get upset, but I doubt that is going to work. Fuck trying to keep calm. IT’S STING VS JEFF FUCKING JARRETT! If there is ANY PAIR OF WRESTLERS on the roster that you KNOW will give you a good match, it’s these two. I mean think about it. Imagine these two going out there and having a 15-20 minute match. Even shorter.

You could go down to even like seven or eight and you can just tell it’s going to be passable. Actually a better term would be dependable. You KNOW you can trust these two to put on a good performance in the ring. These guys are what Shawn Michaels and the Undertaker were to WWE: veterans that are still over with the crowd that you can plug into a match and have it feel special.

If you gave them even half an hour do you think it wouldn’t be entertaining? However, VINCE RUSSO has decided that Sting should be an evil heel. Why does he think this is a good idea? Like hell if I know. He’s tried it three times now and it’s NEVER worked. The fans just flat out like Sting and that’s all there is to it.

However, we just HAVE TO have these guys do some angle that’s been done 5 times already so that Orlando Jordan and Rob Terry can get their PPV time right? Be honest: which of those two matches appeals to you more? Terry’s best matches are 30 second squashes and the best OJ matches are ones that he’s not in. But hey, they should be on PPV for eight minutes rather than two very solid guys.

This is just flat out stupid and is a great example of what’s wrong with TNA today: rather than a good, back and forth 15 minute match, we get over the top violence and nonsensical booking. Tell me, why is this supposed to intrigue me? Oh wait I know: I’m supposed to watch future shows. One problem: PEOPLE PAID FOR THIS ONE. THIS is the show that you built up to.

You don’t build up to something just to say oh thanks for your money but we’re going to need you to pay AGAIN if you want to see the actual match. Imagine if you did that with a movie or something. “Well we thank you for your ten dollars to see Iron Man 2, but to see the full movie, you’ll have to wait another month and pay AGAIN because this is just an extended trailer.” That’s what you got here from TNA, and that is total bullshit.

RVD cuts one of his traditional promos.

You know the AJ/RVD story. Van Dam won the title, this is the rematch. That’s the story.

TNA World Title: Rob Van Dam vs. AJ Styles

LOT of time for this. The show has just been lackluster so far so this could help it a lot. Apparently Larry Zbyszko has been training these two as we stall A LOT. Three minutes in and no actual contact yet. We have a headlock! We get an AJ sucks chant to FINALLY get him some heel heat. And now MORE talking and waiting around. Is wrestling illegal in TNA?

Finally we get some extended contact and it lasts all of 30 seconds. Flair gets thrown out and we make it about anything other than the match and wrestling for a few more minutes. The bell rang like 7 minutes ago and they MIGHT have had a minute of contact. Flair does commentary. AJ hits a nice over the top swanton dive. Nice one indeed. I think the issue here is no one believes AJ is going to win.

In a painful looking spot, RVD jumps to the top with his back to the ring and gets shoved off the ropes where he slams head first into the ramp. Flair implies sexual relations with Dixie. Not a bad idea if I do say so myself. Flair is talking about AJ the most which is what he’s supposed to do. Nicely done.

Flair talks about what it’s like in the mindset of being the world champion and says if he was somewhere and an NBA All-Star was there it didn’t matter because he was Ric Flair. True story: when the NBA was locked out back in like 98, my Dad and cousin were in Atlantic City where some NBA guys were having an exhibition there. My cousin saw Flair there.

Said he couldn’t have looked better and couldn’t have been nicer. I got an autograph out of it. Also said he was built like a tank. That’s not something that comes off well on TV but apparently he looks incredible in person. To be fair though, he’s usually next to some of the best conditioned people on the planet so he kind of blends in. This is your standard back and forth main event match and it’s working pretty well.

Can’t ask for much more than a back and forth world title match between two guys of this caliber. AJ busts out a torture rack of all things. Given Flair’s wars with Luger, that’s rather amusing. Also it should be noted that he used it after countering Rolling Thunder with a knee to the back. THAT is thinking in a match. Flair gets fed up when AJ keeps messing up and goes to the ring but here’s Jay Lethal for the stop.

We keep the camera on them for a minute or so as Lethal puts the Figure Four on Flair. There’s a minute and a half I’ll never get back. Tenay thinks we should focus on what’s in the ring. What a concept! AJ has a suplerplex reversed and takes the Five Star for RVD to retain.

Rating: B-. Not bad, but nothing great. It’s certainly decent and probably the best match of the night. This just lacked any sort of drama though and it didn’t work well at all to me. It was solid though and AJ performed well. Van Dam as champion is fine I guess, but I’m at a loss as to who he fights now. I mean seriously, WHO is there? Angle?

Overall Rating: D. This didn’t work for me at all. There is NOTHING here that meant anything. Tell me, what major angle has changed that is going to mean anything at all? Abyss and Chelsea might be the biggest development here, and that’s not saying much. None of the matches are particularly great or even good at all, the angles were rather pointless, and the show just came and went.

There is no inspiration or emotion in TNA at all, and that can almost directly be linked back to Russo. That man just goes around turning wrestling into soulless organizations. That’s what’s missing from TNA: soul. There is no emotion at all in this company and it is so painful to watch anymore. This is awful and sadly enough, I don’t see any upside at all. Take a pass here, but nothing is too terribly bad. You’ll just feel like you wasted three hours of your life.

Ok, I am very angry. This is going to be an angry review. I will probably look back on this review and say, “Damn, I really was angry when I wrote that.”

MCMG vs. Beer Money vs. Team 3D

What are they doing with Beer Money, and when was the last time they won a match in singles or tag action? Why do they continue to push MCMG only to have them lose their match for the titles? I don’t get TNA these days. Why is Team 3D in the tag title hunt still? Those guys need to be an enhancement talent team, because their work is declining, and their usefulness is solely on the mic these days. Bring out the tables every now and then, but that’s it. Stupid match because in all actuality it served no purpose. Ink Inc. gets awarded a tag title shot, but the legit tag teams have to fight for it? Decent work, but I couldn’t get behind it storyline wise. 2/5

OJ vs Rob Terry

The Global Title deserves better than this. I get that they are trying to push OJ as this psychopathic freak, but Rob Terry is not a good fit for him, and the Global Title is not a good prop for a guy like him to feud over. The buildup was bad, and it made Rob Terry look vulnerable. The guy needs to a new in ring opening pose also. Looks like he’s about to fall off of the ropes. Where the hell is Magnus? 1.5/5

Douglas Williams vs. Kazarian

Does anyone give a shit about Kaz? He is so boring as a character that I want to gauge my eyes out when he comes on television. As stale as the Suicide character was, it was more interesting than the Kaz character. The guy has the most cookie cutter offense, and has a generic look that puts me to sleep. Williams is gold in the ring and on the mic. No one deserves to take the title off him, and I can see him having the X title for the remainder of the year. 2.5/5

Tara vs Rayne

I liked this match, because I knew it would be Tara’s last one. Rayne also knew this and she worked her ass off to help put Tara over in her last hoorah. I love when women work matches like this and it was one of the best matches of the night for me. Look closely at this one again if you can. They worked really hard in this match. I love the clean finish for Rayne also, as it put her and the BP over even more as legit. Rayne is very underrated. 3/5

Ink Inc. vs The Band

Oh lordy lordy where do I begin? First of all, it’s no bad enough that Hall and Nash are champs, but we have to see them work matches on PPV against this thrown together tag team? Those guys just can’t get over, and they need to just realize that it isn’t fun to watch. Hall & Nash can work the stick, but in the ring you just feel sorry for them, because the only way they know how to make a living is through wrestling…but they just aren’t good anymore. EY missed his run in queue and had Jesse Neal standing in the ring scowling for what seemed like 45 seconds waiting for the run in, when he could’ve tried to wake the ref up or something…instead the rookie is just waiting for the EY run in so that the match can finish. Terrible…just terrible. Team 3D turns heel because Jesse Neal says “We’ll take care of this?”…?? That makes no sense. Team 3D got their asses beat, and Ink Inc. has the title shot. What are they supposed to say? We’ll lose so you can get the title shot and win? Stupid booking…goddam TNA is going into the shitter.1/5

Abyss vs Desmond Wolfe

What can I say that hasn’t already been said. I get pissed off just thinking about Abyss. He is one of the most shit wrestlers this side of the Boogeyman, and him going over is just awful television. He needs to go, and he needs to go now. Desmond Wolfe is TOO talented to be wasted on shit feuds like this. Why does Abyss get Chelsea? Why does Hogan keep booking the heels to get their asses handed to them night in and night out? When the fuck are we going to see something that’s entertaining? Shit, shit, shit and more shit. I watched this online, and was about to turn this shit off after this, but my wife wanted to see Anderson vs. Hardy. I stopped watching though and went to do something else. This pissed me off so much and was not entertaining at all. The guy hulked up and kicked out of a brass knucks shot? Just last week on Impact AJ beat him with the brass knucks. Who the fuck writes this nonsense? 0/5

Anderson vs. Hardy

Anderson is a big fish in a small polluted pond in the middle of nowhere. Too bad the WWE doesn’t need him, because if he was given the freedom there, that he is given in TNA he would make a lot of money for Vince, and make a lot of fans happy. It’s almost a waste of a great character seeing him on TNA these days, because ALL of his matches are great, and ALL of his promos are gold, and I think every single Anderson doubter has been made a believer of how talented this guy really is. He should’ve went over here too. Hardy doesn’t have anything to gain from a win. Again, TNA shits on the heels. Maybe his face turn will have him get some wins, but with everyone turning heel or face every other week for no reason, does anyone really give a shit? Where is the organization? What are the faces fighting for if they win all the time? They have nothing to prove. 4/5

RVD vs AJ Styles

Ok, so RVD wins the title on free television not even 2 full months into his TNA career? Great job Hogan, you fucking asshole. Perfect way to waste a great PPV moment and an even greater match. The thing is, the work in the match was fantastic, but the story surrounding it is just so fucking shit that how can I care about the match? Seriously. Why the hell is Jay Lethal getting involved, and why is he added to the list of “People who have kicked Flair’s ass” since he’s been in TNA? This was a watchable match until Flair got involved and Jay Lethal’s music hit. It’s amazing how they are saying RVD a person who has been in TNA for a little over two months is Mr. TNA and Mr. Thursday Night. What a slap in the face to all the wrestlers who built that fucking company. Wrestling 5/5, Story 0/5 so overall 3/5

Other notes: Taz gets worse on commentary with each show, and he is brining Tenay down with him.

Scott Hall has Shannon Moore in a Abdominal Stretch.
Taz: “Scott Hall has that Abdominal Stretch on Shannon Moore there, and he has a height advantage. By height advantage, I mean he’s taller than him.”

Holy shit can it get any worse?

Another pitiful outing by TNA. D- rating for this PPV, and that’s being overly generous. I’m not interested to see what happens on iMPACT!, and I can only imagine the cluterfuck they are going to book that is King of the Mountain at Slammiversary. Good God I hope Hogan is fired before this company goes Bankrupt. They’ve went from TNA to the bootleg WWE, which is the worse route they could’ve gone down.

EDIT - Sad that I forgot the Sting vs JJ "match". That's how memorable it was. Read everyone else's post. It was just more shit.

This show wasn't as energetic as Lockdown since it was in the Impact Zone and most of the matches were thrown together. It is a good thing that the PPV wasn't in a big city like Detroit or NYC, because the crowd would of shitted all over Abyss. Even the Impact Zone was booing Abyss. Hogan comparing Abyss to John Cena is a joke. I guess some of it makes sense since they both have had stale gimmicks. The difference is Cena is twice the worker and is actually marketable compared to Abyss.

I don't think the show was bad besides the Abyss garbage. There wasn't anything to get me excited about this show though. It was a PPV that if you didn't see it you didn't miss anything. The dream match between AJ Styles and RVD was good but nothing spectacular we thought we were going to see. I was a huge fan of RVD in the past, but he is starting to irate me with his whole "I'm the best thing ever in TNA " gimmick.

Motor City Machine Guns def. Team 3D and Beer Money
The tag match was a good bout to start the show. I'm glad that Machine Guns finally win a match for once. The only is they will probably lose to The Band by a DQ or something stupid on Impact this week. Probably TNA will pull some bullshit like giving their #1 contender's spot to a tag team that doesn't even exist yet.

Rob Terry def. Orlando Jordan for the Global Title
This match wasn't great but better then I thought it could be. It didn't get me interested in either Rob Terry or Jordan's "controversial" character. I could also care less about the Global Title. I guess Jordan was supposed to do something "controversial" last night, I guess TNA chickened out again.

Doug Williams def. Kaz for the X Division Title
This was a good match from start to finish, but the crowd could really care less about Kazarian. I'm glad to see TNA award Doug Williams his title back considering it wasn't his fault that he was grounded overseas during Lockdown. Williams is a good heel for the division, but TNA desperately needs a huge face or someone that can bring credibility to the division.

Madison Rayne def. Tara for the Knockouts Title
This was another match that the audience could really care less for. Tara is supposed to be a monster heel going against a the Jane Brady of the Beautiful People. The result was that Tara was cheered and lost the match so she could dress up like a Sumo in WWE again I guess. I don't think Tara had that great of a run in TNA for a year, but at least she was award the Knockouts champion on 3 occasions. With Tara's age and "attitude" about WWE and TNA, there really isn't anywhere for her to go.

Madison finally got the win she needed at least. Does anyone really care about the Knockouts division now though since most of the knockouts have quit? Pretty soon it will just be the Beautiful People feuding with each other. Sigh.

The Band def. Ink Inc. for the TNA Tag Team Championship
Wow I couldn't of cared less for this match if I tried. Ink Inc. gets a title shot before they even have a match, and The Band capture the titles by cashing in Nash's feast or fired briefcase that everyone has forgotten about. I guess it set up a Jesse Neal vs. Bubba or Team 3D feud. If Jesse Neal and Rob Terry graduated from Team 3D's academy, I have no faith in other wrestlers that graduate from there.

American Made Abyss def. Desmond Wolfe in a Ring vs. Chelsea match

Terrible. Yeah TNA listened to the fans by putting this garbage on. One of the brightest stars in the company went from feuding in the semi main event with Kurt Angle to jobbing to this ****** second rate Mankind/Kane/Hogan ripoff. Maybe it would of been a good match if it was the monster Abyss against Wolfe, but at this point Abyss is so fat and sloppy I could care less if he disappeared off the planet.

Even the Impact Zone fans were booing Abyss, sitting on their hands chatting random shit like Chelsea is Hot. This whole gimmick and angle is beyond stupid. Wolfe and Chelsea should be in jail for their "false police report" also, forcing a woman to give her services to a man for 30 days is pretty much like prostitution. TNA needs to get back to reality and stop rehashing the old 80's and 90's story lines.

Jeff Hardy def. Mr. Anderson
I had these two all wrong. I thought Jeff Hardy would sky rocket TNA to the next level, but I have to say its Anderson that will do it. Anderson's asshole promo was TNA's version of Smackdown Hotel or Austin 3:16 in my opinion. If I were in charge of the t-shirt designs, I would make a Mr. Anderson, I'm an asshole t-shirt today.

Great promo, bad opponent. Since Pope is injured TNA had to throw Hardy and Anderson together at the drop of the hat. Hardy is the exact opposite of his name Charismatic Enigma. There is nothing charismatic about the guy. He and Matt hardy both bore me to tears. He could come out with the face paint, Hannibal Lecter mask and even a straitjacket, but the man is as boring as the paint that dries on h is pictures.

The match was decent but it didn't have that spark or that interest a good program like Anderson and Angle had. At this point in time even if Hardy went away to jail for a few years, I don't think anyone would miss him in TNA. Hardy is the top face in the company but Anderson gets more cheers then anyone as the top heel? I love Anderson as a heel, but TNA will probably have to change his role. I just hope it isn't soon. Anderson vs. Morgan would of been better instead of Jeff Hardy.

Sting def and pummeled Jeff Jarrett
This could of been a good match between to two ring veterans. I guess Sting is legitimately injured so they decided to have him to a beat down of Jarrett. I guess when we thought we had all the answers, Sting changed the questions! Honestly I don't care what Sting's motives are as long as they don't involve a Hogan vs. Sting match which Hogan is desperate to have again. The thing is though I think fans will boo Hogan out of building which I wouldn't blame them a bit.

Rob Van Dam def. AJ Styles for the TNA World Heavyweight Title
This was the dream match that came in like a lion and went out like a lamb. Everyone was excited for a match like this, but the build up and the actual result has been really weak. The match was good and honestly the best match of the night considering the other matches that went on. AJ just doesn't look like a credible performer anymore. TNA has done a terrific job of turning AJ and Wolfe from unstoppable forces to jokes really fast.

RVD was once the whole fucking show, but in TNA he is just an afterthought. I don't know if it is his gimmick or how he feels in real life, but RVD is really full of himself. RVD put so much attention on himself in his promo and the match, that it made John Cena blush. I know RVD is easygoing, but can anyone show any damn emotion for this match? Ric Flair on commentary was really the only one with emotion. Maybe Ric needs to check Dixie into a hotel room suite again so she can get her head out of her ass.

Overall the show wasn't memorable but not bad. Hopefully there will be something interesting to look forward to at Slammiversary in June. Just as long as Hogan vs. Sting isn't the main event.

I downloaded the show, and just finished watching now.

Welli, everyone knew this is one of those Passing PPV's, and certainly wouldn't be as good as Lockdown, but for me it was not bad, it was pretty satisfying for me.

Let's see:

MCMG def. Team 3D and Beer Money

It was a good match. Good Spot's, good working in the ring by Beer Money, but there was one thing that weakened the match: There was no selling by the Machine Guns.
I would prefer Beer Money as the new contenders, but i'm happy since is not Ray and D-Von.

3,5/5

Rob Terry def. Orlando Jordan

Well... this one sucked. There wasn't very excitement by the wrestlers or the public, and the match itself wasn't good. I hope they move on with this feud.

2/5

Doug Williams def. Kaz

This one was preety good. Not the usual high flying moves, which for me is good, and it was a preety technical match to see.
Kaz, despite lack of personality, can pull good matches, and that was the case. AS for Doug Williams, it was awesome.

Madyson Rayne def. Tara

I actually liked this one. Was a good match by the KnockOuts, with the goodbye from Tara.

3/5

The Band def. Inc Ink

It was a satisfying match in my opinion, in the limits. Hall is ever worse, but Nash keeps doing a great Job. I liked the finish. I also like the tag team of Neal and Moore.

2,5/5

Abyss def. Desmond Wolfe

I didn't like the concept of the match, but i thought it was a preety enjoyable match, in my opinion, but Wolfe deserves better. I hate Abyss as a face, and i don't know why they keep pushing him...

3/5

Jeff Hardy def. Mr.Anderson

I LOVED the Promo! Awesome Anderson!!

THe match was very solid, and i thought it was a very good match. I don't know what's going to happen to Anderson now, but please don't make him face!!

4/5

RVD def. AJ Styles

Very good match, and match of the night, but it lacked drama , like said here. The whole Lethal thing was useless, but... Good Match, but something was missing...

Needless to say, good work from RVD and Styles.

4/5

---------------------------------------------------------

So, for concluiding , i would give the PPV an overall of B-. It wasn't great, but it was good.

I'm more ansious for Over the Limit, but im pumping for Slammiversary Too.

Let's wait and see.

I actually liked this PPV. It was the first time this year that i paid to see a TNA PPV and i wasn'T disappointed. I'm not going into details about what i liked because let'S face it, it would take to much time to write everything i liked about this PPV. The fact that there wasn't a lot of backstage crap like they usually do was a big plus. The PPV was center around wrestling and not sport entertainment and i was a welcome change.

Having said that, i have to say something about the announce team for TNA. Mike Tenay and Taz are 2 of the worst commentator in wrestling history, TAZ was just plain awful while Tenay was trying is best to sell the story but he never was a good storyteller and i will never be one. The worst part was during and after the sting/Jarrett match when these 2 were standing in front of the camera looking stupid trying to make the fan believe that Sting never explain why he'S doing this. I'm i the only one intelligent person that actually know why Sting is doing this. I actually listen to the Promos that guys are doing in the ring unlike Mike and Taz who for some reason don'T listen and after wonders why something happens.

Outside of the announce team that made Mike Adamle look like the greatest play by play guy in the buisiness, the show made sense and the fun part was that they're was barely any Hogan sighting and Bischoff wasn't on the show. So i hope this is something they will continue because this is the TNA i want to see as much as possible.

The Good:
The opening three way tag was good, Kazarian v Williams was MOTN sadly the morons in the impact zone weren't into it. Abyss v Wolfe was good until the bollocks hulk up ending and I really enjoyed the Sting/Jarret beatdown. Haven't seen any beat down as good as that for a while. Anderson did a hell of a promo, their match was ok.

The incerdibly bad:
MAdison v Tara was a result of TNAuncreative at their very best...the situation: Tara's leaving becuase she wants more money. "What do we do?" Vince Russo asks himself. "I know what, we turn her heel, have her decimate Taylor Wilde and Sarita, then lose to clean to another heel, who she isn't even involved with in a story,at the PPV."
The result: Tara inadvertantly turns face and her popularity peaks as the fans buy her psychopath character, she burries two decent babyfaces in the process, has a mess of a match with absolute nobody Madison Rayne whilst Angelina Love, the person she was in a heated feud with is left off the card. CAN YOU SMELL THE BUYRATE.

The Band's match was a mess, and I hate Shannon Moore

TNAlogicgenius number 2: You have a dream match scenario between two IWC darlings and two wrestlers that have a reputation for putting on generally excellent matches. "What shall we do," Gurgles Russo perched on his dank, urine soaked throne. "I know, we make sure the match is full of shennanigans. We'll put Flair on commentary so it steamrolls attention away from the match, make sure our EXCELLENTSSSSS production team show shots of the commentary desk while the action is going on and have notorious jobber JAY FUCKING LEATHAL interfere, only to get battered by flair, low blow him, then put him in the figure four on the ramp. IN THE MIDDLE OF A DREAM MATCH. The end was weak as well. Utter fucking garbage.

TNA Sacrifice 2010
Sunday May 16th

Team 3D vs Beer Money Inc vs Motor City Machine Guns
A decent opening match. The crowd gave some decent pops and stayed involved. Tenay and Taz sold the psychology of the match well, complimenting the chaos and unpredictability of having 6 wrestlers in the ring. Robert Roode sold well all match and the Guns performed with a lot of energy and had some nice trademark spots. Sabin especially stood out, his mouth bloodied and back likely legitimately sore from some reckless bumps. Didn't expect the Guns to get the win, a nice surprise and I think they needed it to stay relevant. Beer Money and Team 3D are already over enough and don't need the rub. Still, the way Taz and Tenay were putting over Beer Money throughout the match, I'd expect a huge push for them in the near future, most likely a big face turn. Overall, a good match, nice energy, it kept the crowd hot, and I thought the outcome was smart.
Match Rating - **1/2

Global Championship Match
Orlando Jordan vs Rob Terry

A bit of a crowd killer. Terry certainly has a strong look, but he's still green and learning, that's pretty evident when you watch him awkwardly stomp around the ring. There was an attempt at ring psychology with Jordan working over the Freak's leg, but mostly the match seemed slow and crowd never really got involved. An abrupt finish to the match didn't help the already poor pacing of the match. I like how the worked leg played a part in the post match angle, but not really looking forward to seeing these two continue their feud for another month. The dichotomy of the 2 competitors works, but the in-ring product is likely to stink again.
Match Rating - **

X Division Title Match
Doug Williams vs Kazarian

A definite crowd killer, at least for the first 5 minutes or so. By the finish the crowd was into it, but they were right to yawn during the opening moments. The big corner powerbomb spot was a pretty rough looking bump by Kaz and was just what the match needed to get the crowd hyped up. Also liked how William worked over Kaz's neck after the bump, good psychology, but the match could have used another 5 minutes and a couple more big spots to really finish strong. It's the X division and the in-ring product should really stand out, impress the crowd, and push the limits. This match wasn't even close in those regards.
Match Rating - **

Knockout's World Title Match
Tara vs Madison Rayne

A better match than the two two preceding it in a lot of ways, this match at least had the crowd popping and in-ring work rate was pretty high. Really, this is just a statement about how solid of a worker Tara is and has been during her stay in TNA and she really went all out in terms of effort, including two moonsaults from the top-rope. The crowd gave Tara a nice ovation, but I thought TNA and the announcers could have put her over more and give her the credit she deserves for work with the fed. Still, a well worked Knockout's match.
Match Rating - **1/2

Tag Team Title Match
Kevin Nash & Scott Hall vs Ink Inc

The Band may over-the-hill and have some serious short comings in the ring, but they are still very over with the crowd, showing what a legit draw the nWo was in it's heyday. Not a big fan of the in-ring work of Jessie Neal or Shannon Moore, but they did a passable job of pulling out a watchable match with the two old stiffs. The finish wasn't anything amazing, but having the match push an angle is better than relying on the in-ring product in this case. Kept it short and sweet, smart move, and again having the crowd involved helped a lot.
Match Rating - **

Desmond Wolfe v Abyss
Not bad. Seemed a bit more like an Impact match than something deserving of a PPV though. Could have been much better, but at least kept the crowd involved with a nice energy and pace. Again, wished the match was given a bit more time, but Wolfe was on his game, best spots were because of him, and his look of shock after Abyss "Hulked-up" was priceless. The finish was creative and well played, plus the other thing this match had going for it was Chelsea. She's just SUPER hot!
Match Rating - **1/2

Mr. Anderson vs Jeff Hardy
Sloppy and a bit underwhelming. The match opened hot and there was a nice spot or two early, but as it went on both guys looked tired and things started to break down. Would have liked to see this match go outside the ring a bit more, or make use of their environment more, but mainly, there just wasn't enough tension or big moments. They didn't use Anderson's injured back enough in the match psychology, just something thrown in really to excuse Anderson for the loss. An awesome pre-match promo by Anderson was a good lead-in and the post-match angle was somewhat intriguing. Still, nothing too special here.
Match Rating - **

Jeff Jarrett vs Sting
After the pin, Tazz says "Oh, thank God it's over." and I couldn't have agreed more. Sting beats up bloodied Jarrett backstage, eventually into the ring for a quick pin. However, the only thing grotesque about this match was listening to Tenay annoyingly over-hyping the angle. Jarrett took 2 maybe 3 bumps during the whole "match" and Sting took none. They progressed the angle I guess, but just not a very entertaining or well done segment.
Match Rating - n/a

TNA World Heavyweight Title Match
AJ Styles vs Rob Van Damn

A decent main event. This match started out hot, they played up the crowd well, built some tension, had some big spots, Flair and official Earl Hebner had a heated showdown, then things started to slow down from there. After the first 5 minutes or so RVD was visibly fatigued and the pace of the match dropped a bit. They certainly picked things up towards the finish, but all the extra chaos with Jay Lethal and Flair outside just took the focus off the match and really stopped them from closing out in a solid fashion. In a lot of ways it made things predictable and anti-climactic, you could see the finish coming miles before it happened. A shame, these two need to really be given the freedom to put on a great match and it didn't quite happen here. Probably the best match of the night, but not good enough to give it 3 stars.
Match Rating - **1/2

Overall PPV Rating - **
Just a disappointing show as a whole. All the angles just got in the way of the wrestling, felt like I was just watching an episode of Impact. TNA's problem is they emphasize storyline, hype, and chaos over the thing that really counts and that's in-ring quality. You can write-up great angles all you want, but if you cant deliver a solid wrestling match when you're a pro wrestling company then you're not going to last long. Critics of the WWE may complain about its predictability, its PG rating, or its formulaic booking, but at least they can still deliver a good match occasionally on Raw or on PPV's. Since Bischoff and Hogan have taken over there has been a noticed absence in quality wrestling matches on TNA programming, something that used to be a strength of the company, but really that's been a trademark of Bischoff forever. They can do all the angles they want on TV, but when its PPV time they need to put on solid matches and pay-off the feuds. Not one match on the card worth watching again, none of the matches really got me excited or put me on the edge of my seat with tension. If you paid to see Sacrifice then that's a shame.

TNA Genesis 2011

Jay Lethal VS Kaz- X-Division Championship

Earl Hebenr gets knocked down as Lethal pushes Kaz into him. Lethal gets crotched, and Kaz hits his reverse Tombstone Piledriver finisher for the win. This was a solid opening match, and there was some nice back and forth action throughout this one. Kaz winning didn’t surprise me, because Lethal looked like a bitch, as he was destroyed by Abyss on Thursday. Kaz has improved a little bit, but I still think he’s pretty bland and boring as far as personality goes. I’m not a fan of Kaz, but this title win could give him a nice boost.

Mickie James VS Madison Rayne-Knockouts Championship

Mickie looks like she’s about finish Madison off, but Tara comes down to cause a distraction. Mickie wants to take out Tara, but the ref gets in the way. Meanwhile, Madison slips on a glove(which is obviously packed with something hard). She plays possum, and when Mickie finally gets a hold of her, Madison clocks her with the glove. She gets the three count for the win, and Madison retains the Knockouts Championship. Ugh, I couldn’t get into this. This match was pretty weak and it did have it‘s sloppy moments, and Madison and Mickie never really seemed to click together. Plus, I hated the ending. It just felt ridiculous and silly to me. I thought Mickie delivered the final knockout blow to Tara on in the steel cage match? Madison’s reign is starting to become more and more uninteresting. I just can’t get into her as a champion, and she’s almost more annoying than Melina when it comes to her constant shrieking. On a side note, Madison was heckled with “you can’t wrestle chants!” in this match. Tenay and Taz ignored this. I thought it was hilarious.

Beer Money VS The Motor City Guns- TNA Tag Team Championships

Sabin kicks Shelley in the head by accident. Roode takes advantage by grabbing Sabin for a roll up. He grabs the tights, as he gets the three count for the win, and we have new Tag Team Champions. I really enjoyed this match. There were plenty of sick spots in this match, and there was a good amount of action throughout the entire match. The near falls help add some extra suspense, and the look on Roode’s face after Sabin kicked out of the DWI was priceless. Beer Money and The MCMG have put on some great matches, and they didn’t disappoint here. It’ll be interesting to see where The Guns go after the rematch.

Bully Ray VS Devon

Ray brings in a chain, but Devon doesn’t give him the chance to use it. Devon eventually gets the chain, and he whips Bubba with it. The ref calls the match, and this one ends in a DQ. Devon and Bubba continue to go at it after the bell, and Bubba gets a cheap shot in on Devon. Well, I expected this match to be underwhelming and disappointing, and it was. The majority of this match was nothing but brawling, and the ending did upset me for a couple of reasons:

1. I get it. There’s bad blood between these two, and they both snapped towards the end, but who in the hell wants to see these two continue a feud? The thought of these two having another match on pay per view makes me want to bang my head into a wall as hard as I can.

2. This match was shitty. It was nothing to remember, and I’m scared now. This feud could go on for a coupe of more months.

Abyss VS Douglas Williams- TV Championship

AJ is sitting this one out. Apparently he’s injured. Abyss is his replacement. Oh joy. Abyss grabs Janice. The ref tries to stop him, and while he’s distracted, AJ Styles limps into the ring. He hits Doug with the belt, and he gets away before the ref can see him. Abyss hits the Black Hole slam, we have a new TV Champion, and now Immortal has the all of the gold. This match didn’t have a good flow, and it was kind of boring. TNA might be trying to give Abyss a boost as TV Champ, but I don’t think it’ll work. The fans were chanting for AJ during this match, and when the Impact Zone has turned against you, then it can’t be looked at as a good sign. Abyss’ character has been ruined beyond belief, and I don’t think a TV Title is going to help him out.

RVD VS Mystery Opponent

IT’S MATT FUCKING HARDY!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Matt hits the Twist Of Hate. RVD gets his leg underneath the ropes, and Jackson James screws up again by missing this. This is funny because James caught Matt’s arm under the ropes earlier in the match. Anyway, I can’t stand Matt, and I couldn’t get into this match, and the ending killed it for me even more. Did we really need to see ANOTHER Jackson James screws up type of situation? I thought the ending was kind of dumb, and I just couldn’t get into it. The pace in this match was kind of slow, and this match never got into a good rhythm. It was kind of boring if you ask me. Matt looked like he was out of shape as usual, and he wasn’t moving to well or fast. When it comes to Hardy, this match didn’t show me anything different. I still think he’s mediocre in the ring. There’s a chance he could improve, because he does have new look(but he’s still kind of chunky) and a fresh start, and I know that this is his first match in TNA, but I’m not going to buy Matt as a main eventer or an upper mid card guy. TNA can try to sell Matt as a big time player to me, but I just can’t buy into it. He never was a top guy and I don’t think he ever should be.

Kurt Angle VS Jeff Jarrett- MMA Exhibition

N/A: My stream died during this match, so I never got a chance to see it.

Matt Morgan VS Mr. Anderson- #1 Contender’s Match For The TNA World Heavyweight Championship

A 15 time minute? Really TNA? You’ve put so much time and effort into building this match, and you give it a 15 minute time limit? Anderson gets a roll up for the win. This match was pretty solid. There was some nice back and forth action in this one, and things did get pretty rough towards the end. But TNA built this match up such in a BIG way. I was expecting something epic here, but this match wasn’t memorable or special.

Jeff Hardy VS Mr. Anderson- TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Eric Bischoff comes out to congratulate Anderson. He says he has his match against Jeff, and then he hits Ken with the shocking news……THE MATCH WILL TAKE PLACE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! Hardy comes out dressed in street clothes. TNA’s #1 bad boy has a cigarette in his mouth. We get interference and run-ins from just about everybody here. Morgan clocks Hardy with his spinning clothesline. Anderson kicks out of a couple of Twist Of Hates. Bischoff tries to clock Anderson with a chair towards the end of the match, but he gets a Mic Check instead. Anderson hits the Mic Check on Hardy. He gets the three count, and we have new TNA World Heavyweight Champion. The match here was okay.

Jeff Hardy, the crown jewel of Immortal, losing the TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE is supposed to be a big deal. There should’ve been a nice little build to Anderson’s title win, but TNA goes for the shock factor by having Anderson’s title shot take place on a pay per view after a #1 contender‘s match? The match wasn’t advertised, so not too many people could’ve known about this. Why in the blue hell would you waste such a HUGE moment like this?

This does upset me a lot, but I guess you have to look at this from a business point of view. Hardy could be facing some time in the slammer, and having a potential jail-bird as your World Champion isn’t a good thing. TNA seriously needed to think about getting the title off of Hardy, and they did, but Anderson’s title win could’ve been a special moment, so when you look at the big picture, I think TNA really backed themselves into a corner when Hardy became Champion. As far as Anderson goes, he did take down Immortal’s World Champion, but I just think there could’ve been a better build to it.

Overall Show Rating 2/10:
I thought Genesis 2011 was a pretty boring and dull show. As far as the wrestling goes, Beer Money VS The Motor City machine Guns was the only match I truly enjoyed, and Lethal VS Kaz was solid, but every other match on this show was pretty underwhelming. They tried to wow us with a shock ending, but I just wish TNA would’ve given more people a chance to see Anderson become World Champion. The “moment” just felt so rushed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back