• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Slammiversary Thread

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
Sunday June 17, 2007 live from Nashville, TN is the TNA's Slammiversary 2007 PPV.

Now with what all went down by the NWA stripping the belts off Cage and Team 3D it has to make one on wonder what will go down now at Slammiversary like with the annual KOTM match.

359px-Tnaslammiversary2007.jpg

That poster is terrible. I think it's a copy of the Walk The Line poster.

I haven't seen Sacrifice yet. But from what I've heard it look's pretty good. So this should be a show to look forward to with the new title coming in.

Oh plese tell me this is not a prelude to him being KOTH Mountain and another year long title reign. I would rather see Angle, Daniels, Joe or even Petey Williams have it before Jarret does again.

Oh plese tell me this is not a prelude to him being KOTH Mountain and another year long title reign. I would rather see Angle, Daniels, Joe or even Petey Williams have it before Jarret does again.

i too hope the strap is not back on Jarrett at slammiversary.

Jarrett is more than a worthy holder, but been he has had the title six times and held it for nearly all of last year...so give it a break really, give joe the belt!

Ah,Slammiversary,great name,i think the poster looking like the walk the line poster is the point(music city,nashville).Predictions-Joe to win KOTM,Harris and Storm will conclude their feud,Steiner Bro's v 3D,Not sure about the X-Title(which the new version of looks quite nice)and Daniels v Sting,Abyss v Mitchell's new project(i know who he is,just can't spell his name).Those are my Slammiversary predictions.

I see every title being on the line of course and well with the dusty finish from sunday night the title is most likely going to be stripped and will be placed on the line in the returning KOTM which is advertised on tnawrestling.com on the ppv section. God only knows how much I love the KOTM match and the whole concept of it. It's basicaslly a reverse ladder match and every KOTM match was fucking awesome. I hope we see a lot of new names in the match like Robert Rhoode and James Storm or Chris Harris in it.

You guys wont have to worry about JJ becoming champ, because to me it seems he is too involved with elavating new talent at the time.

Yeah I also hope Samoa Joe wins the title and starts a lengthy fued with Angle for the strap. We all saw what those two did without a title on the line think of what they would with the belt on the line.

I also think that all the other titles will be on with the Steiners actually taking the title from Team 3D.

I also think that Sabin will lose the X-title to "Black Machsimo" Jay Lethal.

Well I have to admit just from the frist Impact after Sacrifice that Slammiversary looks to be good espically with the KOTM match for the vacent TNA World Heavyweight Championship. So far Angle is in and i know Joe has to get as it looks like the Sting and Daniels program will begin. Hopefully Jay Lethal does get his shot and if what we have been seeing looks to be Lethals move at Slammiversary.

The Steiners vs. The Dudleys isn't TNA supposed to be where they're making all these new talent, I know they are trying o boost ratings, but I mean wouldn't fans prefer to see a whole division X title ladder match.

c'mon

Well I have to say that with the X-Division Championship being on the line now between the reigning champ Chris Sabin and everyones favorite Black Machismo Jay Lethal should and could be a show stealer. I was really hoping that they would have had this match at Sacrifice but they didn't and now at Slammiversary this should be good a match.

Right now Lethal is hot in creative eyes as this guy is getting a monster push with TV time for his mocking of Macho Man. Sabin has been champion for a long time so i expect Black Machismo to pull off the victory in a great match. Though i do expect Backlund to get involved and maybe cost Sabin the gold. But i think its Lethal's time with the belt and his gimmick works well on TV so i expect him to win and get a bigger push than what he has know until his gimmick gets old.

slam.gif

My Predictions:

King of the Mountain Match:

I'm going to go with Angle. I think it was pointless taking the title off him to begin with. And putting the title on him anyway is just the stupid booking that TNA seem to be doing latley.

TNA World Tag Team Title Match:

With Scott out injured there's only one outcome. Both team suck but I still would have prefered to see The Steiners pick up the victory.

TNA X Division Title Match:

Sabin's had a good run with the title. But I dont think Letal will get anymore over. They should put the title on him before his gimmick gets too stale.

Sting vs. Christopher Daniels:

Daniels should win. But I dont see it happening. I think this is one of the only Daniels match's I could happily miss.

Rhino & Chris Harris vs. LAX:

This match should deliver. I dont see the point of splitting up AMW then just having Harris team up with somebody a few months later. Anyway Hector Guerrero is in Rhino & Harris' corner so I see him turning on them.

Mr. Backlund vs. Alex Shelley:

This is a complete waste of Shelley. If he doesn't win I'll be pissed.

Eric Young vs. Robert Roode:

Meh. I'll go for Young.

VKM vs. The Damaja & Basham:

Hopefully The Bashams win. But I see a VKM victory.

James Storm & Ron Killings vs. Jerry Lynn & some bloke I've never heard of:

I couldn't give a fuck.

In my opinion this is a really bad card. The only one I see delivering in the ring is the X-Division Title match. KOTM matchs are just stupid imo. And 4 tag matchs is a bit too much. Considering when the only decent and proper tag team is LAX.

slam.gif

My predictions

King of the Mountain Match:

I'm going with Angle as he seems to have the most mometum going forward into this thing as Christain had a lengthy regin and Joe is in the doghouse, Styles has no cred at the moment as he plays as Christian's lackey and so the card is stacked in Angles favor. The fifth person i see it be being either Jarret or Abyss more likey Abyss though.

TNA World Tag Team Title Match:

With big poppa pump down i see Team 3D retaining and in patheic match. Why cant LAX be in this match instead? Stuipd TNA booking

TNA X Division Title Match:
Sabin's time with the gold is done after this match as Jay lethal has a gimmick that is being pushed heavily and its WAY over with the fans. So i see Black machismo taking the gold.

Sting vs. Christopher Daniels:

Should be an ok match but sting doesnt impress me anymore but i do see Sting winning and contuning his feud with Daniels

Rhino & Chris Harris vs. LAX:

Should be good though as Rhino and Hernandez can stiff each other in the ring and Harris is a solid perfomer and Homicide is good as well. Though i can expct that most of thetiem be spent on Konnan and Hecto G.

Mr. Backlund vs. Alex Shelley:

Poor Shelly, but i see Backlund winning

Eric Young vs. Robert Roode:

Young will finally win and be on his own

VKM vs. The Damaja & Basham:

Why cant this be a loser leaves TNA match? Oh well i see VKM winning to extend this feud..why oh god why contunie this one

James Storm & Ron Killings vs. Jerry Lynn & Frank W.

Waste of time. FACT

Overall not a great show but an ok one. Hopefully th eKOTM match can deliever but i see as the match of the night being Sabin and Lethal...still not buying it though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back