• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OFFICIAL "Must See" NXT/Superstars Match Thread

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Because really, who has the time or inclination to actually follow either show closely enough to know when something worth seeing has gone down? NXT actually still airs in Canada and the one time I attempted to watch it this season was so soul crushing that I simply went on ignoring it again. But this week, by a stroke of good fortune, I heard that Tyson Kidd and Trent Barretta had another one of their trademark great bouts with one another. Those two have developed some wicked chemistry over on Superstars. Performing in front of Kidd's hometown didn't hurt either. Anyhow, apparently I also missed a great Gabriel-Kidd bout on NXT a few weeks back. Gotta get on that. And in case you haven't heard, Dee Brine will be facing Drew McIntyre on Superstars today.

Sound Of Madness or Sign Guy or one of the other losers who obsesses over good undercard talent should update this thread regularly so I don't forget to keep up with this stuff.

Coco the fans in the arena almost rioted over Tyson losing. Which leads me to believe that the match was as good as it was because of the crowd.

Nah, I've seen a couple of their Superstars matches. They're just as good without the homerism.

Also, I'm almost certain NOBODY came close to rioting on account of Tyson Kidd.

Trent Barreta vs. Curt Hawkins in any of their Superstars encounters were pretty good, as way the mini-series between Chris Masters and Curt Hawkins - those bouts show Masters in a new light from what you may suspect, he does a lot more technical mat wrestling that some of the lighter guys on the WWE roster. Go a few months back and Drew McIntyre vs. Evan Bourne was a pretty good match. And one that was good but not better than any I've already mentioned would be Tyler Reks vs. Chris Masters from a few months back.

I guess I am now a loser. Oh well. Can only go up from here.

Masters vs. McIntyre was stellar a few months back as well. I know I went out of my way to see that one.

Drew McIntyre & Chris Masters did have a really good match a while back. There's also the 6 man tag; Uso's/Trent Barretta vs. Tyson Kidd/Slaybriel. One of the best 6 man tags I've ever seen.

That's some wild hyperbole. As good as you'll see in the WWE though and that superplex spot is really something they should get on Raw or SmackDown eventually.

Curt Hawkins & Vance Archer(GateCrashers unofficially) vs. Dudebusters series was really good and had a great old school feel to it. After their first match Hawkins announced that he and Archer were no. 1 contenders then nothing happened. It was a shame as both those teams had great chemistry.

Nah. Just the fact that it was two heel teams facing off against one another to prove that one of them deserved a tag title shot. You never really see that but rather a tag team facing two thrown together stars.

The Dudebusters had such little rapport with the audience that you could basically make them whatever the situation called for. Not a huge achievement. If anything, it's a little alarming.

That is true. They turned face the next week for no reason against the same opponents.

Another good match was MVP & JTG vs. Hawkins & Archer.

Can FCW matches be included in this thread? Sure they aren't on Superstars or NXT, but there's the occasional gem.

You can try. But I don't deny having even less investment in them than NXT and Superstars matches.

Then let me start by reccomending two very good matches. Kaval vs Justin Gabriel and Kaval vs TJ Wilson (Tyson Kidd).

Daniel Bryan vs. Drew McIntyre on superstars this week was great. JTG is the man of 1004 neckbreakers if you watch his match with Justin Gabriel.

Curt Hawkins vs. Justin Gabriel
Tyson Kidd vs. DH Smith
Daniel Bryan vs. Kaval

Those are some good FCW matches.

Here's Dean Ambrose(Jon Moxley) vs. Seth Rollins(Tyler Black) in a 15 minute ironman match for the FCW 15 championship.

[YOUTUBE]E1AvsK_COpk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]UzInht7BwtE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]

Ambbrose has some good psychology there.

In other FCW matches. Kruger and Rotundo shat all over both Rollins/Ambrose matches by actually telling a story in the ring. Something that Rollins doesn't seem to place a high priority on, even though he's given plenty of time to. My opinion of Rollins has plummeted of late, but that's neither here nor there.

[YOUTUBE]zdT3QtVjRsw[/YOUTUBE]

Rollins/Ambrose was better. Kruger has yet to win me over completely though that match had some sweet spots i.e the apron DDT & Bo missing the spear and going straight through the ropes.

SOM, please tell me how exactly Rollins/Ambrose was a better match. Was it because Rollins and Ambrose did more nonsensical spots that they forgot thirty seconds later, didn't bother to tell a story but moved around at a faster pace?

SOM, please tell me how exactly Rollins/Ambrose was a better match. Was it because Rollins and Ambrose did more nonsensical spots that they forgot thirty seconds later, didn't bother to tell a story but moved around at a faster pace?
Uh oh. Someone likes a style of wrestling that Remix doesn't. Everybody run for cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back